Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Peter99

What Does It Take To Win Your Love

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Heard a version of the Junior Walker classic that I haven't heard before recently. It didn't have the sax and it might have been a female vocal. I heard it on a crossover podcast but cant remember which one. Doh!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi All

Heard a version of the Junior Walker classic that I haven't heard before recently. It didn't have the sax and it might have been a female vocal. I heard it on a crossover podcast but cant remember which one. Doh!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

:thumbsup:

Santana Maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry peter, there are so many versions of this track ( i have a fair few myself ) but was thinking of those no SAX, have an album version some where by a Hippie  looking band and female lead singer but can't lay my hands on it but will keep looking, You might try a trawl through youtube but you have probably done that already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RICK SCOTT said:

Sorry peter, there are so many versions of this track ( i have a fair few myself ) but was thinking of those no SAX, have an album version some where by a Hippie  looking band and female lead singer but can't lay my hands on it but will keep looking, You might try a trawl through youtube but you have probably done that already

No problem Rick - I appreciate you replied. There are loads of versions but I'd never heard this one before - really soulful crossover version.

I'll keep looking!

:thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya, as you may already know there's a fair few versions, electrifying cashmeres, motherlode but they have the sax and bay bros etc etc. not much help really. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest johnny hart

Hearts of stone ,LP version ,no sax , just harmonies,possible? LOl Ali.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, geeselad said:

any excuse to shoe horn it in really 

😂😂 ya right m8 :thumbup: bangin version,never heard that one before and its straight t top xx cheers fo that :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Sign up/in to remove

1 minute ago, baz1 said:

😂😂 ya right m8 :thumbup: bangin version,never heard that one before and its straight t top xx cheers fo that :D

was going to say album only but looks like it came out on a foreign ep too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest johnny hart

Hi Baz ,

As I said earlier ,Hearts of Stone LP " Stop The World I wanna Get On " on US V.I.P. their only Album ,not hard crops up on  eBay about £20 ,try discogs or Steve Plumbs  soulmusic web site. Best of Luck good LP LOL .,(4 versions ; Buddy Miles, Electrifying Casmeres, Bay Sisters,Reg Dwight( on a 1969 Top of Pops Cheapo  Lp Alledgely,!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest johnny hart

Hi Baz,

Correction ,5 including ,blueyed soulster B j Thomas .The Elton John version is on Hallmark chm 660 ,(100 at 87 p on discogs) not bad ,he did play organ for some big visiting 60 s US acts ,including Major Lance.LOL .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Everyone

Unfortunately none of the suggestions are the record in question though. Probably flushed our nearly all the versions! Maybe, I did confuse it with another record - but I'm usually good at remembering, even when I'm pissed. Which is often. There was no playlist with the podcast which has thrown me this time. I'll keep on going.

Pete

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chas said:

It's probably this Younghearts album track,can't think of any other without sax.

 

Nope that's not it mate. I think I must have imagined it!

 

P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chas said:

It's probably this Younghearts album track,can't think of any other without sax.

 

Flippin orrible - thanks for sharing though, a version that i'd not heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mick Sway said:

Flippin orrible - thanks for sharing though, a version that i'd not heard.

I've heard it out a few times,yep a strange choice when you consider the other versions out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×