Boogaloosoul Birthday Bash - Sat 2nd Dec - London

Boogaloo

Hiya Folks

Well in an attempt to celebrate my 45th birthday, December's Boogaloosoul will have a slightly different feel to it. As well as the host of top, top, top tunes played on the night there's also going to be a party feel with some CD giveaways, a free raffle for a 'rather pricy' soul 45 and to cap it all I'm also going to have a soul quiz with a fantastic prize for the winner.

I've also drafted in some of the scene's top double decking couples to spin some tunes. Joining us are Tony and Martin (Kent Soul Club), Mr and Mrs Boogaloosoul (that's me and the missus), Ady C and Donna (100 club and Colchester Soul), Little Ian and Ciara (Southside Soul Club) and Nick and Dawn Brown (Scenesville and London Transport Social Club).

I think there's something there to satisfy everyone's musical tastes and social perculiarities so see you next week.

Peace and love

Warren Boogaloo

The Cellar Bar

King William 4th Pub and Hotel

155 Trafalgar Rd

Greenwich

SE10 9TX

Near Maze Hill BR and Greenwich Swimming Baths. For those with Sat Nav the pub is on the corner of Trafalgar Rd and King William Lane

Only £4 on the door - 8.00 'till 1.00, 2.00, 3.00 or whenever we decide to finish

e-mail boogaloosoul@yahoo.co.uk or call Warren on 07838 181 375

• Replies 59
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Warren what a great idea,

is the quiz a mr & mrs competition too as ive no chance if thats the case as the missus might not be able to make it up :shades:

I will put the word out in the good old Medway Towns for you and hopefully a good few of us should make it up for the celebrations,

Are you sure that you reached 45 already as your forever youthful looks are very decieving :thumbsup:

go to go now as its medicine time, :thumbsup:

Bearsy :thumbsup:

Are you sure that you reached 45 already as your forever youthful looks are very decieving :lol:

Bearsy :lol:

well i reckon soulies ages fall mostly into record speeds..33..45..78

im sure warren is a 78 :P

happy b/day for the big day

moldie

well i reckon soulies ages fall mostly into record speeds..33..45..78

im sure warren is a 78 :thumbsup:

happy b/day for the big day

moldie

I know it must be hard to believe that someone as aesthetically pleasing to the eye could carry such a heavy load of maturity but it is true, mind you I've almost got the missus believing that vinyl is the perfect gift for a 45th anniversary.

Anyway, you probably thought I was born in 1978 :lol: .

Love ya

Warren

Hiya Folks

Well in an attempt to celebrate my 45th birthday, December's Boogaloosoul will have a slightly different feel to it. As well as the host of top, top, top tunes played on the night there's also going to be a party feel with some CD giveaways, a free raffle for a 'rather pricy' soul 45 and to cap it all I'm also going to have a soul quiz with a fantastic prize for the winner.

I've also drafted in some of the scene's top double decking couples to spin some tunes. Joining us are Tony and Martin (Kent Soul Club), Mr and Mrs Boogaloosoul (that's me and the missus), Ady C and Donna (100 club and Colchester Soul), Little Ian and Ciara (Southside Soul Club) and Nick and Dawn Brown (Scenesville and London Transport Social Club).

I think there's something there to satisfy everyone's musical tastes and social perculiarities so see you next week.

Peace and love

Warren Boogaloo

The Cellar Bar

155 Trafalgar Rd

Greenwich

SE10 9TX

Near Maze Hill BR and Greenwich Swimming Baths. For those with Sat Nav the pub is on the corner of Trafalgar Rd and King William Lane

Only £4 on the door - 8.00 'till 1.00, 2.00, 3.00 or whenever we decide to finish

This looks like so much fun - can't wait. :lol: I'll be on Ady's team for the quz, telling him all the answers :thumbsup:

Warren what a great idea,

is the quiz a mr & mrs competition too as ive no chance if thats the case as the missus might not be able to make it up :lol:

I will put the word out in the good old Medway Towns for you and hopefully a good few of us should make it up for the celebrations,

Are you sure that you reached 45 already as your forever youthful looks are very decieving rolleyes.gif

go to go now as its medicine time, :lol:

Bearsy :unsure:

Don't worry about having to partner up, son but it's not going to be too easy so you might start looking for someone who knows their way around Motown for a partner. A typical question could be what were the original names for the Supremes and the Temptations?

Best of luck

Warren

Don't worry about having to partner up, son but it's not going to be too easy so you might start looking for someone who knows their way around Motown for a partner. A typical question could be what were the original names for the Supremes and the Temptations?

Best of luck

Warren

Cant we just play bingo instead laugh.gif

Bearsy

No!!!!!

Bearsy, I'm shocked that a man that spends so much time on the internet couldn't answer a couple of easy questions like that. Shame on you.

warren

forgive me father for i have sinned :P

Quiz it shall be then :lol:

im on Ady`s team :D

Bearsy (the man with no memory) :unsure:

Ady's team is full :unsure:

:D

In that case,

is anyone desperate for a numbnut who will probably be good for going to the bar and nothing else in thier team :search:

I cant be teaming up with all my lot from Medway as they are worse than me at quiz`s

Bearsy

It'll be great to make it South of the river after promising to come for the past two years and your birthday makes it even better.

We could play male female duets all night though that might get a bit sickly, perhaps there's a soul cover of Cliff's 'Congratulations'.

or records and thier replies such as little mac and the boss sounds - you cant love me in the midnight hour :D , come back Jack, Nina Simone :search: and slip in mules - sugar pie desanto :dance:

:thumbsup:

In that case,

is anyone desperate for a numbnut who will probably be good for going to the bar and nothing else in thier team :search:

I cant be teaming up with all my lot from Medway as they are worse than me at quiz`s

Bearsy

You could always try keeping me supplied with brandy allnite, :thumbsup: and Ian and I might be able to accommodate you. And by the way, are you calling Mr & Mrs McGoo worse numbnuts than you????? wink.gif

Ciara

Edited by ciara

You could always try keeping me supplied with brandy allnite, :thumbsup: and Ian and I might be able to accommodate you. And by the way, are you calling Mr & Mrs McGoo worse numbnuts than you????? :shhh:

Ciara

And have you pissed on the decks !!! :D Ian has a reputation to upkeep :lol:

Tony is very intelligent and i wouldnt never afford that title on her (plus she is really a londoner)

Bearsy

Guest woolie mark

is the quiz a mr & mrs competition too as ive no chance if thats the case as the missus might not be able to make it up :lol:

i always chuckle when mr and mrs is mentioned cos somebody once told me there was an episode in the 70s with this pensioner couple and when the wife was asked what is the most unusual place you have ever made love she answered up the bum

anyway, i won't be able to make it on saturday warren because i'm going to wales to see the missus....so you can put that collins and collins LP back on the shelf again!!!

hope you all have a top night :thumbsup:

or records and thier replies such as little mac and the boss sounds - you cant love me in the midnight hour :thumbsup: , come back Jack, Nina Simone :search: and slip in mules - sugar pie desanto :dance:

How about some Northern Soul Birthday records? I can't think of any Have there ever been any played on the scene?

i always chuckle when mr and mrs is mentioned cos somebody once told me there was an episode in the 70s with this pensioner couple and when the wife was asked what is the most unusual place you have ever made love she answered up the bum

ohmy.gif

anyway, i won't be able to make it on saturday warren because i'm going to wales to see the missus....so you can put that collins and collins LP back on the shelf again!!!

hope you all have a top night :unsure:

BAAAAAA Don't forget your wellies. :yes::D:D

Ciara

Guest mrs norman maine

How about some Northern Soul Birthday records? I can't think of any Have there ever been any played on the scene?

The Vibrating Vibrations? Though it's not really a surprise party is it?

Mitty Collier "My party", but that's a bit sad and we wouldn't want you crying into your sherry trifle.

I can't think of any more, though you could push your luck a bit & include anything that mentions birthday-related items. Say, Doni Burdick- "Candle".

There, you've got three now. My job here is done. :unsure:

Edited by mrs norman maine

So whos going to pop out the big birthday cake and sing Happy birthday to Warren :yes:

Been threatening to go see me mate in Chiggwell this weekend so might pop down sat night, see Warren for a Bday :wicked: Thats if he's not allready arrange for us to go out with Tracy, Sharon & Dorene :shades:

Edited by Baz
Guest woolie mark

this looks good Warren !!

-now to find my passport & air miles

:thumbsup:

regards

A.

you coming our side of the river andy?

make sure the locals don't try to tie you to a tree pretty boy :thumbsup:

shame i'm gonna miss you - see you at the 100 :thumbsup:

Guest Andy Brazil

you coming our side of the river andy?

make sure the locals don't try to tie you to a tree pretty boy wink.gif

hah !....sounds very.....

ah-Hem................... rustic :lol:

don't worry.....though.....

i'm north London's original "Harry Houdini" shhh.gif

shame i'm gonna miss you - see you at the 100 :lol:

long time no see....!!

see you there mark :lol:

Now is that why you always get to places just before they shut :lol::lol::yes: . It would be lovely to see more stylish north landaners dahn in my manor to sup at the soup bowl of elegance and panache.

Warren

Yum,yum

I'll have some of that!

:yes:

So whos going to pop out the big birthday cake and sing Happy birthday to Warren :lol:

Nice for the thought Baz but the only thing that's popped out of the birthday vinyl melting pot this week is a copy of the Soul Notes 'Don't make me beg'. Yum, yum,yum. (to quote a young and stylish Andy Brazil) :lol:

Hiya Folks

Peace and love

Warren Boogaloo

The Cellar Bar

155 Trafalgar Rd

Greenwich

SE10 9TX

This will be my first visit. Ok for parking ?

Nice for the thought Baz but the only thing that's popped out of the birthday vinyl melting pot this week is a copy of the Soul Notes 'Don't make me beg'. Yum, yum,yum. (to quote a young and stylish Andy Brazil) :lol:

How many off that list you wrote down have you found so far Warren? i think the exact words were....you bugger you'll make me skint :lol:

Andy if your driving in to greenwich, you'll see the pub on your right, its on a corner take the right turn there and you'll go down a side street, just park round the corner there :lol:

Andy if your driving in to greenwich, you'll see the pub on your right, its on a corner take the right turn there and you'll go down a side street, just park round the corner there :D

You'll be able to park on the yellow lines right outside after 7:00pm

Ciara

Edited by ciara

Now is that why you always get to places just before they shut :thumbsup::D:( . It would be lovely to see more stylish north landaners dahn in my manor to sup at the soup bowl of elegance and panache.

Warren

I'm from the north but an honorary Londoner (36 years and counting), however I've abandoned style and just do quantity nowadays; Donna can do my style duties.

I'm from the north but an honorary Londoner (36 years and counting), however I've abandoned style and just do quantity nowadays; Donna can do my style duties.

No need to sharpen your style at this late stage, Ady. It's your soul knowledge that needs the edge as i've just finished the quiz for tomorrow and it's a toughy. Mind you the prize will be worth it for the lucky winner.

Anyone driving near Brixton after the do, we've got a date with Primal scream (or how much would a sherbert be?)

Probably about 20-25 squids. Ouch. :thumbsup:

Ciara

Nice one Warren , Great night, good music and a nice friendly atmosphere :thumbsup:

A stressed out Barmaid, Bless :lol:

Deffo go again, more London nights for me, not been much that way since the Dome.

BEARSY :unsure:

Nice one Warren , Great night, good music and a nice friendly atmosphere :thumbsup:

I'll second that a nice little cellar bar, with a great atmospher been to a couple hear now, the cheap as chips night was excellent :D

P.S happy b day warren :D

Great night Warren with a packed house and great atmosphere,

top tunes played all night with a very busy dance floor,

Great cd too as we had a listen on the way home. :D

Ken are you sure that tune is not for sale :D

Benny it was good to meet up with you and hope to see you again soon :thumbsup:

Bearsy :D

Great night Warren with a packed house and great atmosphere,

top tunes played all night with a very busy dance floor,

Great cd too as we had a listen on the way home. :P

Ken are you sure that tune is not for sale :D

Benny it was good to meet up with you and hope to see you again soon :thumbsup:

Bearsy :D

Actualy,no.............sorry matey,i was Ady`s stand in,he`s sufferin`(toof ache),they where his tunes,just my choices...........and good they was too,had the new dance floor busy,even was trusted for the final set, :D ended the whole thing with Annabelle Fox,and the fasinations"the girls are out to get you",sounded better than ever,just glad DonnaD was there,next to me,encouraging me,ready to bail me out,with some fine R and cough,splutter,cough.........B, :yes:

Actualy,no.............sorry matey,i was Ady`s stand in,he`s sufferin`(toof ache),they where his tunes,just my choices...........and good they was too,had the new dance floor busy,even was trusted for the final set, :D ended the whole thing with Annabelle Fox,and the fasinations"the girls are out to get you",sounded better than ever,just glad DonnaD was there,next to me,encouraging me,ready to bail me out,with some fine R and cough,splutter,cough.........B, :D

I thought that was you playing all that RnB Ken not Donna :D

You did make a great Mrs & Mrs team though who wears the trousers :thumbsup:

Bearsy

I thought that was you playing all that RnB Ken not Donna :D

You did make a great Mrs & Mrs team though who wears the trousers :thumbsup:

Bearsy

I was banned from playing Georgie Fame somebody stole my thunder :D with a very polite "youre no way playing that crap!"

I think that answers your question :D

Guest Andy Brazil

(gutted :D ..last minute transport glitch)

sounds like you marked the occasion in style

Warren !

(i'm sure Tony passed on the message to the birthday boy,

-just in case you didn't get it,

in the hustle-bustle of the night,

here goes again);

Happy Birthday mellow fellow ! :thumbsup:

Callum & Soggy also asked me to send their best wishes,

& all looking forward to next 2 niter weekend :D

perhaps even a little birthday Vimto :D

Regards

A