Boogaloosoul Birthday Bash - Sat 2nd Dec - London

Boogaloo

I was banned from playing Georgie Fame somebody stole my thunder :D with a very polite "youre no way playing that crap!"

I think that answers your question :yes:

:lol::yes::lol:

I know what i would of replied with :lol:

Bearsy

• Replies 59
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a great night. Really enjoyed myself on the decks, thank god I had Ian alongside me. I think all the couples played really good sets and all complemented each other. I now know what hard work it is for the DJs. I didn't realise that they do actually work, and its not as easy as I and many others thought. A great nite, great people, brillilant atmosphere and most of all a busy dance floor. Well done Warren, and have a great Birthday.

Ciara

Another good night - well done to Warren and the other DJ's - good mix of music and the dancefloor packed most of the night.

Enjoyed the night and appreciated the venue owners help in controlling my drinks bill by only having one person behind the bar (not sure switching to doubles was really the best option) :D

Thought all the DJ's were excellent, but particularly enjoyed the last set.

Worth the the trip over from London.

Cheers,

Dave

Anyway here's the real posting.

Thanks for the comments folks. Great night was had by all including all the djs. Big thanks to all the djs and double deckers especially Donna and Kenny (Ady's stand in for the night) who owened the floor with a terrific selections of old and new sounds. Also excellent spots from Nick and Dawn (ta for the tune Nick) and Toni and Martin. Mrs Boogaloo (Karen) had a great time also behind the decks playing her favs.

The only disappointment of the night was the quality of the answers on the Motown quiz. :D The winners only got 10 out of a total of 15. Congratulations to Mick Donnelly and Nogsy for their extensive soul knowledge. An exciting prize awaits you. :lol:

Mine and Karen's plays for the night were:

Four tops - Something about you - Tamla

Marvin Gaye - Love starved heart - Tamla

Barbara McNair - You're gonna love my baby - Motown

Marlena Shaw - Wade in the water - Chess

Gladys Knight - No one could love you more - Tamla

Ruby Winters - Better - Diamond

Patti Austin - He's good enough for me - Coral

Harvey Averne - Never learned to dance - Uptite

Charles Sheffield - Voodo Working - Excello

Lou Lawton - Knick knack patty wack - Wand

Manny Corchado - Pow Wow - Decca

Helen Troy - I think I love you - Kapp

Gwen Davis - My man don't think I know - SS7

Hector Rivera - A chance for romance - Barry

Ted Taylor - Someone's always trying - Okeh

Ernie Fields - Workin' out - Reo

Tommy Ridgley - My love gets stronger - International city

Lovemasters - Pushin' and pullin' - Jacklyn

The Soul Notes - Don't make me beg - Way out

King Coleman - Black bottom blues - Philips

Maxine Brown - Oh no not my baby - National

Monique - If you love me - Maurci

Nick and Val - I'll find you - Glover

Annabelle Fox - Lonely girl - Satin

Jo Ann Garrett - A whole new plan - Chess

Linda Lloyd - Breakaway - Columbia

Edited by boogaloo

Wahoooo, I've finaly made page two of a soul source posting. Thanks to Bearsy, Ciara and Dave for all your support and your extensive use of the world wide webbything, couldn't have done it without you. :D:lol:

Warren

Good soul nights deserve plenty of attention, :thumbsup:

well done again and hope you had a great birthday Warren thumbsup.gif

Bearsy

Thought all the DJ's were excellent, but particularly enjoyed the last set.

Worth the the trip over from London.

Cheers,

Dave

Awe shukc`s :thumbsup: thanks Dave.........are you readin` this,promotor`s :D

Quote Warren Boogaloo;

Thanks for the comments folks. Great night was had by all including all the djs. Big thanks to all the djs and double deckers especially Donna and Kenny (Ady's stand in for the night) who owened the floor with a terrific selections of old and new sounds.

Cheers again Warren thumbsup.gif

Awe shukc`s :thumbsup: thanks Dave.........are you readin` this,promotor`s :D

Quote Warren Boogaloo;

Thanks for the comments folks. Great night was had by all including all the djs. Big thanks to all the djs and double deckers especially Donna and Kenny (Ady's stand in for the night) who owened the floor with a terrific selections of old and new sounds.

Cheers again Warren thumbsup.gif

Ken its nice to know that your not like some of the other dj`s on the scene and trying to blow your own trumpet :lol: , do you do barmitzfars laugh.gif

Ken its nice to know that your not like some of the other dj`s on the scene and trying to blow your own trumpet :thumbsup: , do you do barmitzfars :D

:lol: .............yes,when yer` havin` one unsure.gif

Source Advert