wchrisj profile photo

Searching For My Baby

Posted

I hope this is okay to ask on this forum, but I'm curious if anyone has ever heard a "live" full or extended song recording of Bobby Moore and the Rhythm Aces "Searching For My Baby?"   I've seen one abbreviated or partial video on Youtube but never seen or heard a full covering of the song.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A mag article about the group & their hit … January 68 … 

soul BobbyMooreMagArt2

soul BobbyMooreMagArt

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Bobby (sax player in light jacket) & the group playing live …  Searching For My Baby was by far their biggest hit (they had 2 later 45's that charted nationally but only "Searchin" made it into pop Top 50 charts). The singer on their live shows was usually Marion Sledge (he also played guitar in the band), Bobby being the band leader & sax player. Chico Jenkins also sang sometimes & it may well have been him on lead on "Searchin" (He usually wrote the lyrics to Moore's tunes & was also credited as lead singer on lots of the group's follow-up songs to their hit). By 1968 they also included Marion's sister (wife ?) in the ensemble and she performed vocal duties too.

As "Searchin" was their BIGGIE, no doubt when they played it live (& this would have been on every show), they would have extended the song somewhat. I'd bet the instrumental sections would have been given more prominence to highlight the contribution of the musicians over that of the singer/s. 

soul BobbyMooreRhAcesMont

soul BobbyMoorePhoto2Z

Edited by Roburt
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

So do we actually know for sure which Bobby Moore songs that Bobby actually sang? 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I don't think Bobby sang on any of their tracks (not lead anyway).

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yeah apparently it is thought that he MAY have been lead on The Hamburger Song but that is about it.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Andrea Henry - I need you like a baby MGM DEMO
    Record Sales by tykarim on Thu 02 Apr 2020
    • 1 / 313
    • tykarim on 02 Apr 2020
  2. Wayne Champion with the Blues - Don't panic baby
    Record Wants by B-naked on Wed 01 Apr 2020
    • 1 / 133
    • B-naked on 01 Apr 2020
  3. Peppermint harris-i cry for my baby
    Record Wants by Mrtall on Thu 26 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 146
    • Mrtall on 26 Mar 2020
  4. Larry Williams - Sweet Little Baby - Decca
    Record Sales by Viney on Tue 17 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 283
    • Viney on 17 Mar 2020

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.