Holiday, Four Holidays, Fabulous Holidays All The Same ?

• Replies 4
  • Views 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All

Are the Holidays, Four Holidays, Fabulous Holidays, Holiday, out of Detroit all the same group. If so does anyone have the full story with line ups. I have records by all of these, love just about everything they have done.

Dave

Hi Dave

silly question but have you read Graham Finch's excellent write up on Soulfuldetroit.com? That should answer some of your questions.

Social source share

Hi All

Are the Holidays, Four Holidays, Fabulous Holidays, Holiday, out of Detroit all the same group. If so does anyone have the full story with line ups. I have records by all of these, love just about everything they have done.

Dave

Hi Dave check out soulful Detroit, its very confusing with the holidays. Graham finch has done 100% super intresting feature about this group/ groups, recordings and members etc and trust me very very intresting you will enjoy.

Social source share

Wasnt jimmy ruffin lead vocal with the four hollidays on markie on the 2 45s fron 1964.

the golden world set up featured edwin starr on i`ll love you forever in 1966 and on groove city

it was j.j barnes and steve mancha. Dont think the markie 45s are connected with the others

except for the fact the`re detroit items

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!