Pauldonnelly

SAD NEWS

SAD NEWS.....In the photo taken at the Cellar Bar Stamford by Frank Elson back in 1974 is a black guy we all knew as Geno, I'll always remember him dancing with a suit on and a silk hanky in his hand....he was a class act.

Over the last few years Poke has had this personal mission to track him down after returning home to Africa to become King of his local Tribe. Poke did tell me several years ago that Geno my have been murdered in some tribal altercation.

Poke emailed the local paper in Africa a few months back with a request for some info and regretably they cam back with the sad news that Geno had infact been murdered several years ago as Poke had suggested. RIP in peace Bro..

SKMBT_C25309090811180 copy.jpg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

OMG Very sad to hear this news. Geno was a really good friend of my late brother Rob Ward R.I.P. and used to see him at the Cleethorpes pier/Winter gardens All nighters. I also new him,he was ever so polite and humble. Always was happy to be able to walk with us on the same side of the street. At the time was not allowed in South Africa. He used to tell us his Dad ran a Cane furniture busines called Mmanto Shikane and exported cane furniture all over the world.. Geno came over to the UK to have a good education. Loved Northern Soul and was a really good dancer as it was in his blood. R.I.P. Geno.

Edited by Mr Fred
  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

That is so sad to hear as i remember him well, Not the news we wanted to hear but Thank you Poke for taking the time to investigate the Rumour of our Friend Geno and Thanks also to Paul for Posting and Mr Fred for the insight to his Dad... R. I. P. Geno

Rick 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Northern Soul Days - Source Forum

Northern soul days gone forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Shirley Lawson, Sad Sad Day / So Much To Me - Enterprise
    Record Wants by swaggy on Mon 03 Oct 2016
    • 1 / 461
    • swaggy on 03 Oct 2016
  2. Larry Hammond Sad Sad Way
    Look At Your Box by keithw on Wed 04 May 2011
    • 4 / 745
    • Keithw on 04 May 2011
  3. Tempos - Countdown / Sad Sad Memories
    Record Wants by HensTeeth on Mon 15 Apr 2013
    • 2 / 658
    • HensTeeth on 15 Apr 2013
  4. Jimmy Elledge: Sad Town- Sad Town - (m-)£250
    Record Sales by on Thu 12 Mar 2009
    • 1 / 408
    • on 12 Mar 2009
  5. Larry Hammond - Sad Sad Way - Acetate (sidra's Theme Vocal)
    Record Sales by Pete S on Mon 09 Jan 2012
    • 1 / 2311
    • Pete S on 09 Jan 2012
  6. Jimmy Elledge: Sad Town- Sad Town - (m-)
    Record Sales by on Mon 09 Mar 2009
    • 2 / 454
    • Guest on 10 Mar 2009

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.