Trammps Stop And Think

Tubbs

Just picked up a US acetate of the Trammps stop and think so this begs the question was it due for a US release. I know it got a German and French release as I've had both. Now my dillema is which do I sell the german w/d or the acetate which has a slightly diff intro

tubbs

post-1438-1169068449_thumb.jpg

Edited by tubbs
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

If you look at Dave Rimmer's site for the Golden Fleece discography you'll see that "Stop and Think" was allocated an actual release number, the last release on the label. I started a thread last year on this and asked whether anyone had ever seen the actual 7" release on vinyl in the USA. So maybe your acetate is the only legitimate appearance of the track in the USA.

I suspect that as Golden Fleece was a CBS distributed company and the Trammps were label hopping from Buddah to Golden Fleece (CBS) then on to Atlantic for mega stardom with Disco Inferno, that CBS just let Golden Fleece go under while the Trammps moved on , and so the final release never made it to the presses.

How different is the intro ? Can you post a clip of it ?

Either way, great record is Stop and Think, and lead vocalist Jimmy Ellis , is unquestionably one of the greatest SOUL vocalists who ever lived, and it's a shame the Trammps are often dismissed as just a disco act.

I'll have the acetate Tubbsy if you want to sell it :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry I have no idea how to record stuff onto the pc, but the intro is just so slightly diff that I never noticed it my mate did only then when I played it back to back with the german one did i notice it as it's only the drum pattern for about 5 sec thats diff.

Someone else asked if i could put up a clip as they hadn't heard the track so if anyone has it and knows how to put up a clip please do.

Tubbs

Social source share

If you look at Dave Rimmer's site for the Golden Fleece discography you'll see that "Stop and Think" was allocated an actual release number, the last release on the label. I started a thread last year on this and asked whether anyone had ever seen the actual 7" release on vinyl in the USA. So maybe your acetate is the only legitimate appearance of the track in the USA.

I suspect that as Golden Fleece was a CBS distributed company and the Trammps were label hopping from Buddah to Golden Fleece (CBS) then on to Atlantic for mega stardom with Disco Inferno, that CBS just let Golden Fleece go under while the Trammps moved on , and so the final release never made it to the presses.

Either way, great record is Stop and Think, and lead vocalist Jimmy Ellis , is unquestionably one of the greatest SOUL vocalists who ever lived, and it's a shame the Trammps are often dismissed as just a disco act.

I'll have the acetate Tubbsy if you want to sell it whistling.gif

Just checked Mr Rimmers site and the b side of the acetate is the same as what the info says on his site. TRAMMPS DISCO THEME. So there maybe is a vinyl copy out there somewhere after all.

Tubbs

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert