The Orwell 27th Jan

IMHO the combination of quality music versus a busy dance floor was perfect :wicked:

As most clubs, we could always do with more in BUT this was a very pleasing night with a fabulous array of quality music backed up by dancers who knew their stuff...........backed up as usual with TOP quality requests.

The last set is not just a 'send them home happy with classics' but more than a 'send them home happy with records THEY actually want to dance to at that time of night'........................hence the spinning of Rose Brooks & Willie Hutch & James Brown & Jimmy Delphs (hee hee, private joke that one!) etc etc

Onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

• Replies 3
  • Views 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

IMHO the combination of quality music versus a busy dance floor was perfect :wicked:

As most clubs, we could always do with more in BUT this was a very pleasing night with a fabulous array of quality music backed up by dancers who knew their stuff...........backed up as usual with TOP quality requests.

The last set is not just a 'send them home happy with classics' but more than a 'send them home happy with records THEY actually want to dance to at that time of night'........................hence the spinning of Rose Brooks & Willie Hutch & James Brown & Jimmy Delphs (hee hee, private joke that one!) etc etc

Onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

A reet top nite indeed! Nice 1 m8, we had a great time even though it would have been a bonus if they'd turned the heating on earlier, Louby's nose was blue til 10!! Then again, who needs heating with music of that quality to shake yr tush to :boxing:

Cheers 2 all for playing all, and I mean all (every one), of our requests! Earl White Jnr, Ernie Washington, Hamilton Movement, Ron Matlock, Michelle Wiley, Almeta Latimore. Nice 1!

Thanks to Bully for dead-legging me, I'll probably be able to walk again by about Thursday :shades:

Cheers for the Kim Morrison, CHOOOOON!!

Steve

A reet top nite indeed! Nice 1 m8, we had a great time even though it would have been a bonus if they'd turned the heating on earlier, Louby's nose was blue til 10!! Then again, who needs heating with music of that quality to shake yr tush to :wicked:

Cheers 2 all for playing all, and I mean all (every one), of our requests! Earl White Jnr, Ernie Washington, Hamilton Movement, Ron Matlock, Michelle Wiley, Almeta Latimore. Nice 1!

Thanks to Bully for dead-legging me, I'll probably be able to walk again by about Thursday :D

Cheers for the Kim Morrison, CHOOOOON!!

Steve

Hiya Steve

Fantastic to see you on Friday mate :unsure:

Michele Wiley in particular sounded the business at 1.45am :D

Glad you enjoyed it......................................the reason it was so cold was this............The owner says to Barry Maleady at 8.45pm 'are you warm enough Barry?'.....................now Baz has just been up one flight of stairs umpteen times with his 'wall of sound'..................he's wearing about 4 layers and a big coat and is obviously 'dead warm'.....................so he says 'yes'..................................Owner then thinks the rooms right and don't need no heating so he turns it off :angry: :angry: :angry:

He was 'persuaded' :D:D:D to put the heating back on when we all realised it was fookin freezin at 10pm!

Get that Kim Morrison played mate - tune!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

If You Can Walk Again by Thursday Steve, i am obviously losing my touch!!!!!!!!!!

It's normally a 10 day job, if I catch you right.

Great Night, Friday Night, I really enjoyed my first night up at the Orwell, Great to find that there are other people who do want to listen to quality music! I will be definitely be going back! :wicked:

Source Advert