Posted (edited)

I've just received the news that has sat me down. Dave Stokes has sadly passed away today.  😢 I'm gobsmacked.  I can't ever remember going to a nighter without Dave been there..  My thoughts at this sad time are with his family and close friends.  I bet Dave Caffery and Eddie Batten  and Sheila are numb. . 

Sleep well and Rest in soulful peace my friend until we meet again at the nighter in the sky

Ste and Lou.  XX X

Dave is in the middle, with Dave Caff on the right and Ed on the left

Screenshot_20210331-180643_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 4
  • Listening 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 5
  • Views 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just received the news that has sat me down. Dave Stokes has sadly passed away today.  😢 I'm gobsmacked.  I can't ever remember going to a nighter without Dave been there..  My thoughts at this s

Jesus this is shock dave was a ticket for winsford back in the day,and I have had the pleasure of bumping into him at least 3 times a year this defo will be a big massive upset to dave C as you state

I am stunned Steve, for the past 25 years there have not been many nighters where the two Daves haven't been when I got there. I am glad to have been able to call him a friend, he was a smashing bloke

Posted Images

Posted

Jesus this is shock dave was a ticket for winsford back in the day,and I have had the pleasure of bumping into him at least 3 times a year this defo will be a big massive upset to dave C as you state steve R.I.P Mr spinner of this is England fame you will be sorely missed Dave 

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I am stunned Steve, for the past 25 years there have not been many nighters where the two Daves haven't been when I got there. I am glad to have been able to call him a friend, he was a smashing bloke and was always willing to help someone out, he will be missed.

Rest peacefully old friend

Martyn & Carol x

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Oh blimey, this is sad news. Used to see Dave at the all nighters, Winsford, Keele, Stoke and a few of the local Sale/Stretford soul nites, Oakfield & the Greatstone always with his mate Dave C. A shock and another good soul gone. R.I.P Stokesy

Edited by Soulandy
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Bloody hell the bad news just keeps coming. Terribly sad news.

R.I.P. Stokesy

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. News News News - Then Use The Submit News Feature Please
    All About The Soul by mike on Thu 19 Jun 2014