70s Bootlegs

Merve

After seeing the Buster & Eddie original go on Manships auction & the reference to a box of 100 find being the only finds of the pink issue, it got me wondering how many of the red boots are out there ?

Same goes for all the other big records booted in that era - How many were actually produced of a particular title ? With certain titles are the boots rarer than the originals due to later finds ? Did the bootleggers press more of one title than another based on how big the record was at the time ?

.....Just curious. I'd never considered it before   

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Some are certainly scarcer numbers wise than originals , still worth fu*k-all though really despite the silly prices some tools pay these days , I've a number in my box that fetch £50-100 these days but they're still just the boots I paid a quid for .... that said the originals of them have gone mental of late so I guess it's all relative ... :lol:

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Some are certainly scarcer numbers wise than originals , still worth fu*k-all though really despite the silly prices some tools pay these days , I've a number in my box that fetch £50-100 these days but they're still just the boots I paid a quid for .... that said the originals of them have gone mental of late so I guess it's all relative ... :lol:

Wish I'd have kept all mine. I'd discarded them as 'rubbish' (which they certainly are)  but could have sold for silly money now & got some decent originals 😏

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I bought plenty 76/77/78...as soon as they came out. £1 each, like a drug, you just had to have em.

Even bought a little Joe Cook/ Against my will....not even realising it was the wrong title.

Richer folks.....used to get the emi discs before the pressings were out, and they were about 15 notes if I remember.

Not many 15/16 year olds knew much about originals.

I guess at least 1000 per record.

No regrets, happy innocent days.

Ed

Social source share

3 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

I bought plenty 76/77/78...as soon as they came out. £1 each, like a drug, you just had to have em.

Even bought a little Joe Cook/ Against my will....not even realising it was the wrong title.

Richer folks.....used to get the emi discs before the pressings were out, and they were about 15 notes if I remember.

Not many 15/16 year olds knew much about originals.

I guess at least 1000 per record.

No regrets, happy innocent days.

Ed

Same as. I was wondering when I posted originally whether any of the older heads who (a-hem) might have known the people involved & could give us a heads up on what actually went on like numbers pressed etc .

I mean, would you boot as many Johnny Howards as Lou Prides, as many Prince George's as Lainie Hill's ?

emi discs were never that much in my neck of the woods (£4 in 76) but they were still warm when we got them 🤫😆 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert