Otis Smith - Let Her Go - Perception

25 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

I did not know such a thing existed...how cool was that!

I did get a mint perception issue for 10 pence in junk shop around 78...as it was getting revived.

Thanks for posting.

Ed

image.png.e0f4b27ca85c8918bbe1cc817ea5e115.png

Brilliant.  But no good on today's shit roads , too many potholes and speed bumps/ ramps

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Crikey Julian there’s a name from the distant past . Tubby used to end up at Dave Scutt’s in Clarence Road in Southport along with Legs (both from Accrington as I recall) and many other folk after the Mecca and possibly the Torch if my memory serves me correctly. Hope you’re well Julian cheers Dave

Social source share

7 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

I did not know such a thing existed...how cool was that!

I did get a mint perception issue for 10 pence in junk shop around 78...as it was getting revived.

Thanks for posting.

Ed

image.png.e0f4b27ca85c8918bbe1cc817ea5e115.png

Do you have to press that little eject button with your right foot which should be on the acclerator? That has to be the most mental musium piece i've seen for ages, absolute quality!

Social source share

It was always my understanding that Graham Warr brought back from the USA the first copy amongst a stellar hit that included many first copies of records that are today considered classic northern rarities (Dena Barnes, Duke Browner etc) Graham himself told me he was the first to play it at the Catacombs. There was always a crossing over of tunes between the Torch and the Catacombs, so presumably it would have gone to the Torch very soon after (Max told me he regularly traded with Keith and Colin, which led to the cross pollination and helped tunes to reach a wider audience)

• Up vote 3
Social source share

19 hours ago, Dwr said:

Crikey Julian there’s a name from the distant past . Tubby used to end up at Dave Scutt’s in Clarence Road in Southport along with Legs (both from Accrington as I recall) and many other folk after the Mecca and possibly the Torch if my memory serves me correctly. Hope you’re well Julian cheers Dave

Hi Dave

Yes, the Accrington boys were around at the Torch and Mecca along with most of lancashire if I remember correctly!  Speak to Tom Handley from Southport on a regular basis.

I have an old address book. When I get time I'm going to list lots of names from back in the day to see if anyone knows where they are.

Cheers

Julian

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!