The Snow

Guest WorcSoulSurvivor

Guest WorcSoulSurvivor

Hiya All,

Just wondering whether anyone has been put off by the snow? Thats the trouble with these great events, they're all at a distance, and hard to get to!! I suppose it gives a great excuse to have a snowball fight after the event!! Giv me your views on this.

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vinylvixen

Thats the trouble with these great events, they're all at a distance, and hard to get to!! I suppose it gives a great excuse to have a snowball fight after the event!! Giv me your views on this.

The snow's all gone down in London....and hope it stays that way. I'm off to see England v Italy @ Twickenham tomorrow...can't decide who to support wicked.gif Now, rugby shaped snowballs would be interesting :thumbup: Jo

Social source share

Bloody hell a poxy bit of bloomin snow and the whole country goes into stand still rolleyes.gif

How do you think places survive where it snows 75% of the year?

Its only a bit of white stuff get over it :thumbup:

Sorry but you did ask for oppinons biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest WorcSoulSurvivor

Its only a bit of white stuff get over it :thumbup:

Actually here in worcester we've got just over a foot, so it is a bit difficult. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Another big fall this afternoon here in Nuneaton. Not a gritter in sight. I did go to work today though...

I reckon it'll be mostly gone by tomorrow, so no probs getting to Rugby.

Social source share

Guest WorcSoulSurvivor

I havent herd anything for the Glades-Kidderminster. Hopefully be ok!!

Why couldnt this hav come at xmas when we wer all off?

Social source share

Guest soul-girl

Hey! we're snowed in. Should have gone to Peterborough tonight, but can't get off the drive! Hopefully it will rain tomorrow so that we can to Wigan as planned. Keep warm all

Social source share

I havent herd anything for the Glades-Kidderminster. Hopefully be ok!!

Why couldnt this hav come at xmas when we wer all off?

You should be all right :thumbsup: Knowing the Kiddy-ites, if it's free, they will have bagged it all up to sell at a Car Boot sale by tomorrow :rolleyes:

Been having a wry smile to myself over the last couple of days. On Wednesday night I was chasing up a record that i had bought from the US off Ebay on 4th Jan that had not arrived. I got in touch with the guy, who lives in Texas & he appologised explaining that he was way behind with his shipping & had not been able to even get on line over the last 4 or 5 days, this was all beacause they have had severe Ice Storms since Christmas !

Anyway, we got talking & he told me that they tend to have these every 5 years or so, particularly in ,as he put it, 'Roy Orbison' country, which is the west of Texas, but they had never experienced anything this bad.

So i say 'It's this Global Warming, my daughter is 10 & she has never seen more than an inch of snow' !

& bugger me we get up on Thursday to 5 inches of the stuff !!!!

Sad thing is my daughter still never saw it ! she was on a school trip for 4 days in Osmington Bay on the south coast & it rained ! bless her.

She was home last night though & saw todays extra inches , though it was snowing too heavy to get out much.

Seems to be thawing now ! Knowing her luck it will be gone when she get's up !

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Guest WorcSoulSurvivor

Seems to be thawing now ! Knowing her luck it will be gone when she get's up !

It wouldn't surprise me if it snowed again tomorrow!! Are u going to the Glades, or going to try?

Social source share

Guest the average man

Midlands is very bad.

so's the wevver! :rolleyes:

I drove to Malvern from Bath tonight and the only trouble I had was reversing onto my drive!

Social source share

It wouldn't surprise me if it snowed again tomorrow!! Are u going to the Glades, or going to try?

Nah, the big thaw as started :rolleyes: Couple of days & we probably won't get over the bridge due to flooding :D

After my comment about Kiddy-ites, going to the Glades would probably be unwise :shades:

Only joking though, my wife is from Kiddy originaly :lol:

Have a good un :thumbsup:

Social source share

Still lots of snow in Stafford and a couple of down pours earlier ... enough to cancel 3Bs soul night at Stafford Rangers which I was looking forward to :shades: Not really thawing here although they have forecast rain for tomorrow but we know how reliable those predictions are don't we :rolleyes:

My 18 year old neighbour went out last night and built a snowman in our front garden for my 6 year old son .... his face this morning was a picture and Hannah said it was worth getting frost bite for :thumbsup:

Social source share

sweet baby jesus ..... a wee bit o snow and it's news in england :rolleyes:

Allright killjoy ! we don't see it very often in the mother country :thumbsup:

I bet you made this snowman didn't you ? :shades:

post-5566-1171063418_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!