Deep Soul tune I can't find

exte82

Hey!

I heard a great male vocal deep soul tune in one mix with words like "evil ways" and "one of these days", but I can't find it. One of these phrases is most likely the title of the song.

If anyone knows the tune I'm talking about, I'd be happy to know the name.

Thanks!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know a soul tune with that lyric off-hand but I do recall a song called 'Ride On'  by Eric Burdon on an album called 'Darkness' that contained a lyric something like  'One of these days, I'm gonna change my evils ways , I'm gonna Ride on' (para -phrased a bit). It's slow roll blues-rock not deep soul but maybe there's a cover.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Dukeburgundy said:

I don't know a soul tune with that lyric off-hand but I do recall a song called 'Ride On'  by Eric Burdon on an album called 'Darkness' that contained a lyric something like  'One of these days, I'm gonna change my evils ways , I'm gonna Ride on' (para -phrased a bit). It's slow roll blues-rock not deep soul but maybe there's a cover.

That was written by the great Bon Scott and the Young brothers from AC/DC in 1976 so I would doubt that it became a deep soul record ... :wink: 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!