The Motown Band

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

I have been in touch with Motown experts regards this un-issued acetate by the Motown Band and my deceased good buddy frankiej put me onto this many years ago and I was surprised to find out that it has never been released to this day.or so I am told......does anyone know anything about it at all.

apparantly it came out on a bootleg cd titled as 'all the time'

mel

mp3 attatched(apologies mike as I am still unable to sound-clip it)

Motown_Band_Instrumental.mp3

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have been in touch with Motown experts regards this un-issued acetate by the Motown Band and my deceased good buddy frankiej put me onto this many years ago and I was surprised to find out that it has never been released to this day.or so I am told......does anyone know anything about it at all.

apparantly it came out on a bootleg cd titled as 'all the time'

mel

mp3 attatched(apologies mike as I am still unable to sound-clip it)

Info is wrong Mel, that came out on a bootleg over a decade ago with an instrumental version of Frances Nero on the other side - I think it was credited to Soul Borothers and it was on a red label.

Social source share

Thanks for that pete

cant say Ive ever heard the inst to francis nero.......any good. thumbsup.gif

It's quite interesting because it has a real clip-clop beat which you don't really notice on the vocal. I remember the bootleg now, it was on "Bari" records and as you say, the inst is called All The Time

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Thanks pete

I have a few unissued things on Motown will maybe post about them in the future....

Dave

LOL.......

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

It's quite interesting because it has a real clip-clop beat which you don't really notice on the vocal. I remember the bootleg now, it was on "Bari" records and as you say, the inst is called All The Time

I seem to remember there were a couple of Soul Brothers Inc 're-issues' on that Bari label

All The Time c/w Didn't We

&

Keep On Lovin c/w True Fine Boy

Social source share

With reference to these Motown Band Tracks, I can't add anymore info to the Soul Brothers track "All the time" except for the fact that they were bootlegged on the Bari label but I can shed some light on a couple of the others mentioned.

I was fortunate about 15 years ago to come across some genuine Motown Acetates which I still own to this day and quite a few of them have gone on to be as popular as some of the released records.

Amongst these acetates are 2 of the tracks being discussed.

The Frances Nero instrumental to "Keep on lovin' me"being refered to is in fact a track credited to The Marvelettes called "I've been loving you" this is on a Jobete Music Corporation Acetate 10", # JD327, track number 3272-07, this was recorded on 21st September 1965, Frances Nero was released in November 1966, I have never heard a vocal of The Marvelettes but it appears there was one written over a year before Frances Nero.

The other track mentioned was "True fine boy" as credited to Sandra Edwards, this was recorded on 26th October 1065 on again a Jobete Music Corporation Acetate 10", #JD337, track number 3280-07 again a vocal has as far as I'm aware not yet surfaced. Sandra was in the group The Elgins who recorded many fine sides for Motown's VIP subsidiary she also recorded as Sandra Mallett fronting The Vandellas on "Camel Walk".

I have quite a few more of these acetates which include "Try love just one more time" which I think is by Norma Jenkins or so Sidney Barnes seemed to think when I asked him about it, this is of course the original take of the track that was eventually cut by The Sparkles on Old Town, "That's a funny way" by The Velvelettes, "Lonely Boy" by Shorty Long same track as Eric Mercury and Brenda Holloway but again just the band track, and my favourite "Where are you" by Ivy Hunter.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert