• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hello Pete,

Probably a one off. Never seen the likes. Have trolled through thousands of 45s belonging to a local dealer and he has some obscure stuff, including demos, but nothing like that.

Some records were pressed on UK demos but never went to release.

I have a UK RCA demo of Della Reece - "Blow Out the Sun". It is green on one side and black on the other. The 45 was never released on a Uk issue and there is no record of it in the vinyl bibles.

Dunc

Social source share

Hello Pete,

Probably a one off. Never seen the likes. Have trolled through thousands of 45s belonging to a local dealer and he has some obscure stuff, including demos, but nothing like that.

Some records were pressed on UK demos but never went to release.

I have a UK RCA demo of Della Reece - "Blow Out the Sun". It is green on one side and black on the other. The 45 was never released on a Uk issue and there is no record of it in the vinyl bibles.

Dunc

Dunc I think that did come out on UK issue...I'm sure I've had it...will investigate

Social source share

I also have a reggae Uk 45 purchased from the same source on a London indie label from the sixties. The B side is a northern cover of Judge Baby I'm Back, but with different vocals.

The backing is proper northern but the vocals are too weak, unfortunately.

Will dig it out later. A side is a reggae version of "on Broadway"

Dunc

Social source share

Here you are Pete,

Take a listen. The reggae one is much better than the northern attempted b side

On Broadway/ Hey Chick - ray pereira (reggae) - baf

15679 refosoul

Reggae song with northern flip with diff vocals

Dunc

post-1303-1173137272_thumb.jpg

Edited by dunc
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I didn't think R & B / Ska Beat did any demos, this even looks a little like a Pye demo from the period, anyone seen these before - are there any more?

a47d_1.JPG

I very vaguely remember seeing something similar at the end of the 7Ts when I had a flick through a collection belonging to an ex Pye member of staff. He'd worked there during the 6Ts and I went to meet him at the Marble Arch building (just at the back of Oxford St). But, you're right, it is incredibly obscure - Tony Rounce would probably know yes.gif Jo

Social source share

Here's Della Reece.

The label is very dark and difficult to photo and this is the good side!! The b side is a black label with black writing, so work that one out. The crazy 1960s

Dunc

post-1303-1173139600_thumb.jpg

yes deffo came out on british i have a uk issue of "blow out the sun" also gale garnett

demo on uk rca same dark green as yours !

also another tought one is the lafayettes - caravan of lonenly men ok uk rca

best steve T

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert