Ernest Mosley on ebay

Dobber
Go to solution Solved by Mithras,

2 hours to go

I’m not convinced this is original,first off,none of the originals have “stubborn heart” printed through the centre hole,but all of the boots do! And secondly the stamp in the run out looks very poor,and not beyond the realms of adding that yourself! 

thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394999351919?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2_QWOvInSxG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=2sZhFfVKSIC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Dobber said:

2 hours to go

I’m not convinced this is original,first off,none of the originals have “stubborn heart” printed through the centre hole,but all of the boots do! And secondly the stamp in the run out looks very poor,and not beyond the realms of adding that yourself! 

thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394999351919?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2_QWOvInSxG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=2sZhFfVKSIC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Looks like a boot to me too.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

That ARP stamp is indeed very well done, I checked against my original copy, and it's very, very good.  I didn't know about the print through the centre hole on the boot until I read this thread, so I think I would have been taken in...or at least sought opinion from a trusted and knowledgable pal.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

There are currently at least 6 copies listed unofficial, from £30+ to £70+ on discogs & 1 real one at £900 , the one that was for sale on eBay was definitely an unofficial, but I thought these where banned on discogs , but definitely not on eBay , don't you think it's about time that eBay had some kind of Quality Control , wether an employee or feedback , that insisted on pointing out to the poor f*"ch*rs who obviously don't know or realize , that this particular site is full of bootlegs , reissues etc so check before you bid . Or is eBay hoping that nobody knows the difference so they get more from the sale and is technically aiding and abetting fraud .

I have doubts on his Jimmey ( soul ) Clark too , currently over £100. ? 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I told the seller it was and that he shouldn’t be advertising it as original, he disagreed saying it had the stamp and he’s had it donkeys , tried my best but wouldn’t have it , eBay has become a joke of a firm now as the amount of obvious fraudulent adds are overwhelming camper vans cars everything , lots now collect your information when you ask about a vehicle you might be interested in they sell your email on to marketing firms , I pointed this out with many others but their happy to take the fee’s for the adds so couldn’t give a monkeys same advertisements for same underpriced vehicles on there month after month at prices that would be sold in hours 

Edited by Paul Shirley
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!