Eddie Holland - Love Is What You Make It

Denbo
Go to solution Solved by Robbk,

This is classified as an unissued recording, except for I think, the double CD 'It Moves Me - The Complete Recordings 1958-1964' from Ace.
Has no acetate or test pressing ever been found of this recording?
Was the track on the above mentioned CD taken from a master tape of some kind?

Social source share

2 hours ago, Denbo said:

This is classified as an unissued recording, except for I think, the double CD 'It Moves Me - The Complete Recordings 1958-1964' from Ace.

I'm pretty sure Pete Lowrie had an acetate of this .. but the CD release was sourced from master tape

Andy

• Up vote 1
Social source share

31 minutes ago, Andy Rix said:

I'm pretty sure Pete Lowrie had an acetate of this .. but the CD release was sourced from master tape

Andy

Thanks Andy. How can I contact Pete Lowrie? I have a question for him.

38 minutes ago, Roburt said:

I bet it went like this ... 

KentMasterTape2.jpg

Thanks but I don't understand what you're saying?

Social source share

• Solution
On 28/11/2023 at 08:33, Denbo said:

Tom DePierro and I had an acetate of that recording in our stack of acetates and demo records for "From The Vaults", we found in The Motown Vault.  I had it on my suggested list for one of our project's later LPs.  I don't recall that one turning up in those 1980s and 1990 auctions, where most of them ended up in The UK.  I remember that it had Eddie Holland's name on it along with the song title, so it must have been a Motown demo record, rather than the creme-coloured red typed Jobete Music "Proof of Ownership" acetates.  But, now that I think of it, I seem to remember it also being on a bigger Lp-type acetate, containing 4 songs, all by Eddie Holland, if I remember correctly.  I think it was from 1964.

I remember finding the demo record because I remember being glad it was from the period 1962-1964, because that was my favourite Motown period, and I was fighting hard with Tom to get as many of the earlier sounds in the LPs.  We found several more cuts from that period by several artists in that stack.  If no one in The UK NS or Motown Collecting communities remembers seeing it, maybe an American or Canadian bought it? 

Edited by Robbk
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Robbk said:

Tom DePierro and I had an acetate of that cut in our stack of acetates and demo records for "From The Vaults", we found in The Motown Vault.  I had it on my suggested list for one of our project's later LPs.  I don't recall that one turning up in those 1980s and 1990 auctions, where most of them ended up in The UK.  I remember that it had Eddie Holland's name on it along with the song title, so it must have been a Motown demo record, rather than the creme-coloured red typed Jobete Music "Proof of Ownership" acetates.  But, now that I think of it, I think I remember seeing one of those for that song, too.  I remember finding the demo record because I remember being glad it was from the period 1962-1964, because that was my favourite Motown period, and I was fighting hard with Tom to get as many of the earlier sounds in the LPs.  We found several more cuts from that period by several artists in that stack.  If no one in The UK NS or Motown Collecting communities remembers seeing it, maybe an American or Canadian bought it? 

Hi Robbk, I've sent you a PM.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!