Stuart Maconie's Northern Soul prog on Radio6

Rick Cooper

9 hours ago, Rick Cooper said:

Get ready to party on New Years eve with Stuart Maconie's northern soul show on radio 6 but only for two hours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001tpg7

Thanks for the nudge Rick,I shall be tuning in tho I fear the playlist will be a bit "samey"...Gone With The Wind,DILY,The Night...and the three before eight...

incidentally,Stuart's partner in soul,Craig Charles,has just "spun" DILY on his R6 show...😲

Edited by Mgm 1251
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

If anybody wants to start the party early , don't think it's been mentioned so far John Kane , 3 hrs non stop NS , on the iPlayer BBC Sounds , Christine Cooper ,Heartaches , currently spinning , just search on the top line of shows , Happy Northern Soul Year , Everybody ,( I know it's a repeat , but for those that missed it 27 / 12 / 23 ) so far brilliant ,,,,

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Stuart Maconie's show was very predictable and boring, which was what I expected. He played almost every track from the televised and radio BBC Proms shows. Was this to show how much better the original versions are or how good the Proms versions are. It's the former for me but probably the latter for him. Two tracks that he omitted were Ray Pollard -The Drifter and Jimmy Beaumont's I Never Loved Her Anyway, were these judged too risky?

Another missed opportunity from the BBC. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!