Jo Armstead - A Stone Cold Lover - No blue on label?

Go to solution Solved by Mithras,

Be great if someone could help me with this one. Got a copy of Jo Armstead - A Stone cold Lover through the post this morning. The label is missing the blue on the right hand side, which every other Giant record I've seen (or got) has. Interesting the flip (The urge keeps coming) does have the normal blue. 

I know there's a boot of it, but I don't think it's that, as from memory that label looked right but the boot is vinyl not styrene, but working from memory there so could have got that wrong.

This one is styrene and looks like it's got the right stamp in the runout, so I'm a bit confused. Could be a production error I suppose - anyone come across something similar?

IMG_1524.jpg

Social source share

Initially I thought  just one that slipped through "quality control" at the printers.

Comparing it to mine not only is the blue missing but the ZTSC number is prited in the red stripe whereas mine is printed under that,the GT numbering is larger too.

Also the production credits  on the right are in a different order and on yours the M on Mike is also not on "straight".Time is also not on the same level as the numbers.

Checked a couple of other Giant labels and the numbers, production credits are in various places like there was no fixed method of printing them.

Cheers Paul

Edited by Soul Shrews
More research
Social source share

22 minutes ago, Soul Shrews said:

Initially I thought  just one that slipped through "quality control" at the printers.

Comparing it to mine not only is the blue missing but the ZTSC number is prited in the red stripe whereas mine is printed under that,the GT numbering is larger too.

Also the production credits  on the right are in a different order and on yours the M on Mike is also not on "straight".Time is also not on the same level as the numbers.

Checked a couple of other Giant labels and the numbers, production credits are in various places like there was no fixed method of printing them.

Cheers Paul

Two different pressing plants Dear Soul Shrews. 

Capturedcran2024-03-2411_44_33.thumb.png.13f5b8edaed618b4cb8f24b551ec98c9.pngCapturedcran2024-03-2411_44_21.thumb.png.2c63b477f3a0c6a4c223f9fcc3bc6422.png

20 hours ago, Marvlus said:

Be great if someone could help me with this one. Got a copy of Jo Armstead - A Stone cold Lover through the post this morning. The label is missing the blue on the right hand side, which every other Giant record I've seen (or got) has. Interesting the flip (The urge keeps coming) does have the normal blue. 

I know there's a boot of it, but I don't think it's that, as from memory that label looked right but the boot is vinyl not styrene, but working from memory there so could have got that wrong.

This one is styrene and looks like it's got the right stamp in the runout, so I'm a bit confused. Could be a production error I suppose - anyone come across something similar?

IMG_1524.jpg

As soul Shrews implied a quality control hazard mispress only. Odd looking but what's not to like ? 😉

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Thanks chaps - helpful. it is quite amazing that there can be some many label variations.....

21 hours ago, Marvlus said:

IMG_1524.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!