Long Time Wants

Guest NASHEE

Guest NASHEE

Not that I would ever do such a thing you understand !!! :yes:

But I was just wondering...like you do...

has anyone ever had a record on your wasts list for years....

searched for it for an absolute age...

Waited for it to plop through the letterbox....

ripped the packaging off....

put it on the turntable...

and thought...OMG whats this garbage.

It's not the wrong record...It's not even a bad record...It's just not to your taste anymore?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hey up Nashee - yeah loads of times - Bought a few £200+ records in the last few years that I "thought" I needed only to realise they weren't as good as I wanted them to be. Sold them on again without losing any money which was nice. Can you ask your Ted to email me at D.Pearson@bradford.ac.uk

cheers, derek

Social source share

I wanted Jimmie Raye "Philly dog" as a top want for ages. By the time I finally found a copy I didn't actually want it anymore.

So not quite what you have asked but similar. My tastes for the collection have moved on.

But it is a 45 that I would still love to hear in a venue just don't have any desire to own a copy.

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

hey up Nashee - yeah loads of times - Bought a few £200+ records in the last few years that I "thought" I needed only to realise they weren't as good as I wanted them to be. Sold them on again without losing any money which was nice. Can you ask your Ted to email me at D.Pearson@bradford.ac.uk

cheers, derek

HI sweetness....Please PM me with your phone number, Ted and emailing are a no go I'm afraid.

Lindax

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

I wanted Jimmie Raye "Philly dog" as a top want for ages. By the time I finally found a copy I didn't actually want it anymore.

So not quite what you have asked but similar. My tastes for the collection have moved on.

But it is a 45 that I would still love to hear in a venue just don't have any desire to own a copy.

Mybe that is what I meant Dylan !!!!...Things sound so good after hearing them at a nighter...but maybe in the cold light of day ...months, maybe years down the line....they just dont have the same bite.

I've started trying to get mp3's of wants if possible....then if I go off them...no matter, they just get crossed off before I spend the dosh.

Linda

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Sherry Grooms - "Take Away The Memories" on ABC. I wanted it from about 1975 to 1985, when I finally got one from Soul Bowl and realised that I must have been given some wrong info when I first heard it, and that it wasn't a record I should have wasted a decade looking for as, quite frankly, it was a piece of cr*p...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert