East Anglian Soul Club (easc), Peterborough

Another great nite at this fantastic up market venue right in the centre of Peterboro.

Good numbers ,

friendly crowd ,

great PA,

Think we caught a bit of all the DJs apart from Dougie Hall-which was no reflection on Dougie , just time constaints.

Excellent sets from all with a good, balanced mix of the rarer quality stuff (yet stiil in tune with the audience and dance floor ) to the classics and oldies-a bit of RnB, crossover, 70s, modern and caught some mean funky stuff downstairs. Big plus for me was a distinct lack of commercial motown and hearing Candi Staton 'now you've got the upper hand ' -one of those tunes I never tire of hearing ....

Good to see Carl & Co on the dance floor -worth the admission price alone

Nice to see our old friends from our days in Peterboro-Dave and Marie and Gill . First time at EASC for all three but won't be their last , as boy did they enjoy it.

Finally thanks to the organisers and all involved.

Edited by YKSoulandy
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another great nite at this fantastic up market venue right in the centre of Peterboro.

Good numbers ,

friendly crowd ,

great PA,

Think we caught a bit of all the DJs apart from Dougie Hall-which was no reflection on Dougie , just time constaints. .

Alright you guys Doug here sorry you missed my spots

downstairs in other sounds room

and really enjoyed myself with a load of tunes i enjoyed playing and hope to see you

next month along with Mr Pete Taylor

and Mr Ian Gee

thought Tony Dellar played an excellent set of 7ts downstairs and Max Rees did a nice warm up spot before me (only jesting Max ) good set of across the board music.

all round from all the jocks and made the night and the atmosphere electric

next month can only get better

Guest StefMalajny

Another great nite at the City Club, I may be a bit biased but this has to be the ultimate small venue, we have the baby ballroom upstairs , Carl Piper and his Mansfield baggy clad crew travel 70 miles every month to rip into the oldies, then we go down into the most solubrious lounge with massive leather chairs where those of us a bit hard of hearing can chin wag about "the old days" , we then have the Atrium a sort of huge conservatory where the crossover stuff is played, there is also a raised bar at the front and the beer garden will be in full swing at the next event.and some real ale wow

All profits go to the NSPCC so its a fiver well spent , the residents work for free and we have some A list jocks lined up who have kindly agreed to come down for petrol money, thank you guys.its the last Friday of each month and more than well worth checking out. Oh and we give away free pizzas at 1.00 am

We totally embrace all the good things about our lovely scene, hope to see you there

Good numbers ,

friendly crowd ,

great PA,

Think we caught a bit of all the DJs apart from Dougie Hall-which was no reflection on Dougie , just time constaints.

Excellent sets from all with a good, balanced mix of the rarer quality stuff (yet stiil in tune with the audience and dance floor ) to the classics and oldies-a bit of RnB, crossover, 70s, modern and caught some mean funky stuff downstairs. Big plus for me was a distinct lack of commercial motown and hearing Candi Staton 'now you've got the upper hand ' -one of those tunes I never tire of hearing ....

Good to see Carl & Co on the dance floor -worth the admission price alone

Nice to see our old friends from our days in Peterboro-Dave and Marie and Gill . First time at EASC for all three but won't be their last , as boy did they enjoy it.

Finally thanks to the organisers and all involved.

are the dave & marie you refer to the coltons?

very good friends of mine back in the 80's & 90's.

so dave's finally caught the soul bug then?

I remember doing a few C90 compilation tapes for

him around 1989. he freaked out when he heard elouise laws.

nice people. glad to see he's moved on from budgie & AC/DC.

we then have the Atrium a sort of huge conservatory where the crossover stuff is played, there is also a raised bar at the front and the beer garden will be in full swing at the next event.and some real ale wow

I thought the Xover/Modern room had gone and this room would now be playing Motown/Club Classics :unsure:

Dave f.............

Guest StefMalajny

are the dave & marie you refer to the coltons?

very good friends of mine back in the 80's & 90's.

so dave's finally caught the soul bug then?

I remember doing a few C90 compilation tapes for

him around 1989. he freaked out when he heard elouise laws.

nice people. glad to see he's moved on from budgie & AC/DC.

Yep the bike people, Dave was well chuffed I remembered he sang in a band down the Embankment wearing a German Helmet and cracking a whip, boy he must have took some converting

yep twas Dave and Marie Colton !!

Dave has just good at hiding his 'soulboy' providence ......after all as bass player of The Name they did some awesome 'covers' including 'In Crowd' , 'take me to the river', 'my girl ', tracks of my tears ' etc .

Expect to see him at EASC in the future and next time he says he'll have his dancing shoes on .....

have a look at website www.thename.tv and (slim) Dave in his mod suit

Source Advert