Victor Meldrew Pet Hates

"I don't believe it"

OK we have all had our "I don't believe it" sessions, you know the times when some one does some thing that makes ya turn into Victor Meldrew. My last Victor Meldrew moment was due to a certain lady who on her arrival at the venue proceeded to empty a full Johnsons baby powder onto the floor instantly turning it into an ice ring................ "I don't believe it" ooohhhhhhh it makes me blood boil.

What's your Victor Meldrew moment?

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

..."I don¢Å¾¢t believe it People who walk straight across the dance floor at a ..."Soul night with two bleedin pints of Watneys red barrel spillin just enough on the dance floor for the next unsuspecting soul do be sent somersaulting through the air as he or she tries to dance to their fave tune¦¦¦¦¦.. Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh ..."I don¢Å¾¢t believe itÂ

Edited by ImberBoy
Social source share

Guest moggy

Venues that advertise record dealers/ sellers welcome

And when you get there, the light is so poor/dimmly lit

you spend most of the time at the bar (damn) as its the only descent light available for folk to view

I dont believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Social source share

"I don't believe it"

OK we have all had our "I don't believe it" sessions, you know the times when some one does some thing that makes ya turn into Victor Meldrew. My last Victor Meldrew moment was due to a certain lady who on her arrival at the venue proceeded to empty a full Johnsons baby powder onto the floor instantly turning it into an ice ring................ "I don't believe it" ooohhhhhhh it makes me blood boil.

What's your Victor Meldrew moment?

:ohmy: Yes - people who spill/carry drinks onto the dancefloor.

:angry: And...those who congregate on the dancefloor to chat because they can't dance.

but worst of all...

:lol: The "mate" who talc'd the floor from waist height - and transformed the decks into something resembling Santa's Grotto! wanker.gif

Social source share

Guest moggy

Another just sprung to mind

Back in my collecting days

Imagine the scene (this is a true story) Morecombe Pier

Can I have a look mate

Yeh sure

Flick Flick

How much is your Seven Souls ( Okeh Demo)

£22

Hang on, Ill just ask me mate to borrow me £5 (old trick that one, make out yer short on reddies)

OK no problem

There you go £22 quid

Erm ive changed me mind now, I dont think i want to sell it :angry:

Deep intake of breath, ok I understand :P

Flick Flick

Well how much is your Mighty Lover (Yellow Boogaloo)

Erm £8

OK, Ill take that then :unsure:

Dont know if i want to sell that either :lol: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Your taking the p**s aint yer, what the f**k have you bought them for :ohmy:

I dont believe it, now that does get me choofin mad

Social source share

Venues that advertise record dealers/ sellers welcome

And when you get there, the light is so poor/dimmly lit

you spend most of the time at the bar (damn) as its the only descent light available for folk to view

I dont believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I totally agree! Record dealers add that little bit more to any event (ie empty wallet !)

I often have a portable deck with headphones and a light available if I know that someone's turning up with a sales box. Or you could of course buy your own and the problem is solved, wherever the venue, without detracting from a darkened dancefloor.

Social source share

Another just sprung to mind

Back in my collecting days

Imagine the scene (this is a true story) Morecombe Pier

Can I have a look mate

Yeh sure

Flick Flick

How much is your Seven Souls ( Okeh Demo)

£22

Hang on, Ill just ask me mate to borrow me £5 (old trick that one, make out yer short on reddies)

OK no problem

There you go £22 quid

Erm ive changed me mind now, I dont think i want to sell it :angry:

Deep intake of breath, ok I understand :P

Flick Flick

Well how much is your Mighty Lover (Yellow Boogaloo)

Erm £8

OK, Ill take that then :unsure:

Dont know if i want to sell that either :lol: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Your taking the p**s aint yer, what the f**k have you bought them for :ohmy:

I dont believe it, now that does get me choofin mad

that happened at tonys at blackburn one nite....blokie turns up with a stonking box of mega rarities plonks em down on a sales table...me and kev marshall dived in and were soon foaming at the mouth...luvverly stuff..." how much do you want for this mate? ".....erm im not sure i may do trades...he didnt actually sell anything and these records were so neatly labelled and sleeved all in chronological order etc...he was obviously a collector just out to show off

cookie

Social source share

my victor m moment came just the other day. mananged to win greater experience on the bay and the seller insisted on sending it by DHL. :boxing: At a cost of 60 us dollars, i was not too pleased but paid up........a few days later hey presto along came the 45 in lovely condition too. then yesterday i got a nice little vat bill from DHL for 80 quid :unsure: making it the most i've had to pay on postage for a 45.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert