Little Dooley Storming R&b Northern

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

SWAPPED IT FOR ANOTHER record. no longer availabl< SEEMS TO BE NO POINT IN TRYING TO SELL AT MOMENT ON HERE< BETTER OFF AT VENUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just that time of year, june to august is slow everywhere. Just look at the number of records on ebay that are going through un-sold. Also you can't fight the market, interest rates are up, the number of mortgages are down for the third month and credit card lending has dropped. Times are getting tougher again and people don't have so much spare cash. It not this site it's the state of the whole market.

Social source share

A couple of years ago I was going out to venues and selling records from my own collection and pulling a couple of hundred per night... now if I sell a £30 record I've done well... can't put it down to the quality of the stuff I'm taking out as I sold the lesser quality stuff first - and prices are below "book" on most items...

There's also less people actually looking in boxes in the first place...

Social source share

A couple of years ago I was going out to venues and selling records from my own collection and pulling a couple of hundred per night... now if I sell a £30 record I've done well... can't put it down to the quality of the stuff I'm taking out as I sold the lesser quality stuff first - and prices are below "book" on most items...

There's also less people actually looking in boxes in the first place...

I don't even bother with venues, to much trouble for the number of records sold.

Social source share

I don't even bother with venues, to much trouble for the number of records sold.

Well, reminds me on the last record fair I did over here...deejayd the night befor eto be woken up by the door bell at 8 in the morning...no breakfast nu lunch...only STANDING behnid my records...the table next to me sold a reocrd every five minute (East German -GDR- pop 45s...) and me I did not even sell one single 45! Suddenly I sold one at 15 Euros...only to hand over the money to the promoter the next minute for the table rent...never again. I prefer to go with me beloved one on sunday for a walk across town and wood...

Marc

Social source share

Well, reminds me on the last record fair I did over here...deejayd the night befor eto be woken up by the door bell at 8 in the morning...no breakfast nu lunch...only STANDING behnid my records...the table next to me sold a reocrd every five minute (East German -GDR- pop 45s...) and me I did not even sell one single 45! Suddenly I sold one at 15 Euros...only to hand over the money to the promoter the next minute for the table rent...never again. I prefer to go with me beloved one on sunday for a walk across town and wood...

Marc

Yes, that's what sunday's were made for. Hi Marc, how's things

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert