Career Djs

seen a few djs now playing crossover etc you couldnt give em these tunes talk to em now an its"iv'e always had this stuff" bullshitters wouldn't give it room,northern only but now dj crossover & 70s etc ya can tell who they are cos they only play established tunes that they've paid alot for no imagination dare'nt play a cheapie career djs don't ya just luv 'em any one else noticed 'em they know who they are "you dj at my do an I'll dj at yours", 'would'nt know a deep soul tune cos they are shallow there ive said me piece been wanting to get that off me chest,and don't get me wrong i like all kinds of soul even northern!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

seen a few djs now playing crossover etc you couldnt give em these tunes talk to em now an its"iv'e always had this stuff" bullshitters wouldn't give it room,northern only but now dj crossover & 70s etc ya can tell who they are cos they only play established tunes that they've paid alot for no imagination dare'nt play a cheapie career djs don't ya just luv 'em any one else noticed 'em they know who they are "you dj at my do an I'll dj at yours", 'would'nt know a deep soul tune cos they are shallow there ive said me piece been wanting to get that off me chest,and don't get me wrong i like all kinds of soul even northern!

you must have had a chest the size of dolly parton

hope you feel better for that rant

plz tell us who these djs are

Social source share

Crossover has been about/played for years now.... tunes that I and others know that just weren't "pigeon holed" that way then so the "always had that stuff" reply from said DJ's might actually be right.... probably it's just that YOU didn't know it or recognise it as a SOUL tune "back then the first time"....

Other than that I'm at a loss as to what you are actually "having a go at" or "commenting" on :thumbsup: .... is it the "they daren't play cheapies" thing OR the local thing of "you play at my do and I'll play at your do" which has been covered on a thread somewhere before....

Social source share

Spoken like a true gentlemen Mark!!! :lol:

Wasn't it Sam Cooke who sang "A Change Is Gonna Come" first although I prefer Otis Redding's version!!! Gotta change or adapt to keep things alive I guess. thumbsup.gif

I guess folk do have the "modern/crossover" and just played at home cos the general concensus out there didn't want it - customer demands??? :D

For eg: Sons of Robin Stone (Atlantic) Got To Get You Back

Back in 74/75 I thought this was the B's Knees but only in my house :lol:

32 years later and I wouldn't worry about playing it at a "do" :yes:

In essence what is an Oldie? Aren't they all?

What's modern? This years/months releases?

What's crossover? I give in with this one :D

I guess what I'm trying to say is DON'T PUT A LABEL ON THINGS, ANYTHINGS INCL PEOPLE :lol:

SOUL GALORE - DINNINGTON RESOURCE CENTRE - IS BACK - AND HOW!!!

Social source share

Hiya Mark

Lazy sodz round my way since me accident so JUST HAD 2 get them going again :D

THINK wot I was trying 2 say was if we dont change/adapt the scene will get old and stale - like me :D

Noooooo, seriously I just hate labels, all that kinda stuff, whether its people or sounds or places. Had enough of it yonks ago as a young 'un when it all got political - remember our conversation of 1999 regards politics/bollitix? It still lingers and I notice that we both still use the phrase :thumbsup:

Couldn't give a rats ass what the music is so long as I like it and these shattered bones can shuffle to it - now where did I put that Max Bygraves album? There it is next to Joe Loss :):Pwhistling.gif

Love to see you back over in S25 Mark, check the flyers/events m8 and PS: Up the Mighty Owls :)

Social source share

DJs who make a living at it, will never be as 'risque' as the part timers, never have been.

Play to the crowd has always been the way.

Enough stories on here about how to fill or empty a dancefloor. Empty enough dance floors and you wont be getting much work.

As they say its a big choice to give up your day job.

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert