Wants List

Hammersoul

Looking for these:

Good things-Future 2000 on rota- Having trouble finding one that doesn`t crackle at start,ones i`ve had/found all have a crackles at start,if any one has a mint one that plays fine(even not for sale)let us know.

Never should have walked away-Willie Darrington on rav(first issue).

A dream-Creations on zodiac.

Come live with me-Stan Ivory and omnifificient church on total control 12".

That`s love-Marshall,Donovan,broomfield on Augusta. Again can`t seem to find one that ain`t battered or above vg+(does one exist???).

Time/There`s a differance-Mark v on finc.

Man for my lady-Sabata on tsop 12".

She`s gone-J.b Bingham on united artists.

Good and plenty/If it movesyou lose-Carolyn Crawford on philly.

Pm me if anyone has any of the above...

Wayne.

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Looking for these:

Good things-Future 2000 on rota- Having trouble finding one that doesn`t crackle at start,ones i`ve had/found all have a crackles at start,if any one has a mint one that plays fine(even not for sale)let us know.

That`s love-Marshall,Donovan,broomfield on Augusta. Again can`t seem to find one that ain`t battered or above vg+(does one exist???).

Wayne.

Hi Wayne

Didn't know there was an orig 12" of Stan Ivory - thought it was 45 only? did i miss summat (that's quite possible!) or is that the reissue you're after?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I think the 45 is on Tese or something like that Simon.

I think it's a tad harsh to call the Total Control 12" a re-issue though...........a re-release would be more accurate, as I think Stan may have been involved in the TC label......I certainly have other 12's by him on that label. I would imagine they were just trying to get the cut out to more people a second time around. Dunno though!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

i got the 45 of stan ivory, yeah its on tese....white label as i recall

i did contact stan who knows the coo with the 45's being hard and expensive to get

he was on that TC LABEL AND re-released the '12

i have stans email if anyone would like to ask him about the '12

think they are available, but dont qutoe me on it !

Social source share

OK so we're ALL right :wicked:

White demos and Pink Issues on 45 are the originals and the 12" was released about a decade later by Stan himself................

I just had a mad panic that there was an original 12" knocking around...................

Cheers

Steve

ps Still a great record imho.......love the off key vocals :wicked:

Social source share

I have the 45. It's a TESE Issue. Pink & Red label.

Sean

That is right Sean, I found six copies of it down in the basement at that place in washington in 96.

there were 5 issues - pink

and 1 demo - white

I swopped you one for something or other at the time.

Sold em all but 2 to various sources over the years, kept an issue and a demo. Tats then mentioned to me that he never got one, so I gave him the demo.

The Bulmeister!

Social source share

Matter of interest,is there much differance apart from time between the 7"and the 12"?Maybe between you all can put up a soundclip from both versions so i can see what version to go for. :thumbsup: .Bully wished i`d met you earlier than you can sorted me out with one of them copies :thumbsup: .

Thx for everyone getting in touch with info etc..I didn`t even know it came out on a 7",it sure pays to go on here sometimes :D .

Social source share

Matter of interest,is there much differance apart from time between the 7"and the 12"?Maybe between you all can put up a soundclip from both versions so i can see what version to go for. :lol: .Bully wished i`d met you earlier than you can sorted me out with one of them copies :thumbsup: .

Thx for everyone getting in touch with info etc..I didn`t even know it came out on a 7",it sure pays to go on here sometimes :thumbsup: .

Actually I think you'll find it doesn't pay !!! the 45 is gonna cost you a whole lot more than the 12" :D

Both versions are the same Wayne, altho' the 12" is a louder pressing and better for playing out..... :lol:

Girf

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

Both versions are the same Wayne, altho' the 12" is a louder pressing and better for playing out..... :D

Jeez, I dread to think what the single sounds like, in that case. I've not looked it out for a while, but I seem to remember having to ramp up the levels whenever I was taping the 12"!

Great tune, in whatever format! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Looking for these:

Wayne.

I've got a Willie Darrington, pretty sure it's 2nd issue though,

what's the difference??

Tony

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

I've got a Willie Darrington, pretty sure it's 2nd issue though,

what's the difference??

Tony

The 2nd issue has "Never should have walked away" on both sides.

Social source share

Actually I think you'll find it doesn't pay !!! the 45 is gonna cost you a whole lot more than the 12" whistling.gif

Both versions are the same Wayne, altho' the 12" is a louder pressing and better for playing out..... :thumbsup:

Girf

looks that way Girth,good news i might have a 12" comin my way,just seems stange that i`ve gone on here and ended up finding one from a mate :thumbsup: .The strange world of collecting records :thumbsup: .

Social source share

I have the 45. It's a TESE Issue. Pink & Red label.

Sean

That is right Sean, I found six copies of it down in the basement at that place in washington in 96.

there were 5 issues - pink

and 1 demo - white

I swopped you one for something or other at the time.

Sold em all but 2 to various sources over the years, kept an issue and a demo. Tats then mentioned to me that he never got one, so I gave him the demo.

The Bulmeister!

That's right mate.

The Guy in the shop locked us in the basement for the entire day.

We were down there for hours dreading he'd go home without freeing us!

I swapped you a Checkmates "All Alone" Demo for it... so think I did OK there.

Also picked up my Differences "Five Minutes" on Monca out of that huge pile.

Think we did OK for a dollar apiece!

:rolleyes:

Sean

Social source share

Source Advert