• Replies 98
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

No I hate all that, just makes me laugh..

after Kris Tebbuts thread I checked wightlink ferry's at the moment a car is £57 on there 4 day saver.. so if you are going by car book now.

dont mean to sound funny or nothing of the sort but it is a bloody scooter rally so any chance of some costing for a scooter to go over on the ferry and not just wannabees in cars :thumbsup::ohmy:

wightlink is about £45 for scooter and 2 people.

thing with the locals getting into it ... is that in some respects, many of them are bound to get it a bit wrong. but its nice they make a bit of effort to get invloved. and perhaps they should get involved ... after all its their island.

No I hate all that, just makes me laugh..

after Kris Tebbuts thread I checked wightlink ferry's at the moment a car is £57 on there 4 day saver.. so if you are going by car book now.

How much, my bloody ferrys costing £117 from Southampton - it was £150 from Portsmouth :D

Yep done it again 4 night special... cut and pasted off website

Portsmouth Gunwharf - Fishbourne

Thu 23/08/2007 11:30 £57.50

change

Fishbourne - Portsmouth Gunwharf

Mon 27/08/2007 12:30 inc

2 x Adult inc

Car/motorhome (up to 6m long & 2.25m high) (my reg removed) inc

Booking Total £57.50

(just tidyed up a bit)

Edited by mischief

It'll cost me £25 to cancel but I'll be better off by about £40 :thumbsup:

you doing the 4 nights?

just complain tell them you wasn't offered the deal..

book before you cancel as if you keep going on the fare may go up.. happened to us today with sleezy jet..

Edited by mischief
Guest clanger v2

Yep done it again 4 night special... cut and pasted off website

Portsmouth Gunwharf - Fishbourne

Thu 23/08/2007 11:30 £57.50

change

Fishbourne - Portsmouth Gunwharf

Mon 27/08/2007 12:30 inc

2 x Adult inc

Car/motorhome (up to 6m long & 2.25m high) (my reg removed) inc

Booking Total £57.50

(just tidyed up a bit)

I thought it was a scooter rally :thumbsup:

:D

Edited by clanger v2

I thought it was a scooter rally whistling.gif

:rolleyes:

Be honest I do miss ridding to rallies but records now come first i'm affraid.. and I can't get 4 box's of vinyl on me scoot.. I have taken a box of 150 in the past but you spend the whole time worring about it..

Could always take CD's :P

I did bump in to a dj on the island a couple of years ago with a small 45 box.. so i said lets have a look then.. it was full of cd's :D:ohmy:

he was walking around giving it the billy big ones, look at me i'm a dj with my records... wanker.gif

"you fell over"

you doing the 4 nights?

just complain tell them you wasn't offered the deal..

book before you cancel as if you keep going on the fare may go up.. happened to us today with sleezy jet..

Sorted thumbup.gif

Booked the cheaper ferry and cancelled the expensive one. Cost £35 to cancel but are still £35 better off :P

Only doing Friday till Monday as cant more time off work :rolleyes:

cheers mischief .... kind of you to do so. that is good advice, especially for saturday tickets.

i did the same for you lot actually. got a call from someone asking about saturday night and whether there will be a lot of northern soul played. told them we had a soul room friday ... and pointed them to you for saturday.

cheers mischief .... kind of you to do so. that is good advice, especially for saturday tickets.

i did the same for you lot actually. got a call from someone asking about saturday night and whether there will be a lot of northern soul played. told them we had a soul room friday ... and pointed them to you for saturday.

Cheers mate, looking forward to it now... bought a couple of gems today to take ...

just out of intrest do you hold back tickets to sell on the door or is it advance only?

we don't have tickets, last year we had a one out one in most of the weekend... mind you its only £3.. we couldn't afford to do tickets if we wanted to.. i had to do the door last year.. god thats hard work... people moaning that its 11.30 why should they still pay the same as everyone else... not forgetting this is our first year at £3 last year it was still only £2.. :thumbup:

Guest kent soul club

Cheers mate, looking forward to it now... bought a couple of gems today to take ...

just out of intrest do you hold back tickets to sell on the door or is it advance only?

we don't have tickets, last year we had a one out one in most of the weekend... mind you its only £3.. we couldn't afford to do tickets if we wanted to.. i had to do the door last year.. god thats hard work... people moaning that its 11.30 why should they still pay the same as everyone else... not forgetting this is our first year at £3 last year it was still only £2.. rolleyes.gif

We had the same thing at our do at Margate scooter rally, trying to get £3 off people.

"This is fooking scooterists ripping off scooterists"- and we weren't even covering our costs!

Hey-Ho!

Anyway looking forward to IOW - Going to the Crown Friday ,Hipshaker Saturday, and probably back to the Crown Sunday.

Bum still aches from run to Holland, but can't wait 'till August bank holiday.

no .... we don't hold tickets back. if people are going to make the effort to commit to it in advance we think we should sell them while we have them. we usually have a few left at the weekend but saturday in particular usually sells out before doors .... and then sunday does, partly with people who can't get in saturday. we sometimes have a bit more space later on in the evenings if people leave and we know they're not coming back (taking their wristbands off). capacity is up a bit this year which should help .. but tickets are selling faster too.

we started to do tickets because it started to get too hectic at opening time ... had queues out of the car park going up the road. i don't spend a great deal of time on the door but i don't recollect too many issues over price, although i'm sure there are some. i think there is an element among scooterists who still believe 80s prices should be charged for a lot of things (including their scooters/repairs etc). although that shouldn't be an issue for you ......... £3 is undercharging i think. and a lot of people don't realise the hard work, time, effort that goes in ... and that there is loads to pay for. our security bill for example is pretty horrendous .... and we spend a lot on DJ fees, making sure every DJ gets paid a reaonable, standard amount ...... and we even dish out a few hundred quids worth of t-shirts for the bar staff to wear. i have had one complaint about booking fees from someone who bought 34 tickets, which meant a £17 booking fee. however, at 50p per ticket the booking fee is the cheapest we are aware of from a proper agent and is out of our control. we don't have the time to deal with the volume of tickets we sell and we don't have credit card facilities either. this is a bit of a hobby to us. once i spoke to the guy he was understanding. and ... as for our door .. we have a couple of young-ish :thumbup: .. er .. ladies who deal with people and do an excellent job. an invaluable part of our team.

and likewise .... absolutely looking forward to it.

we don't have tickets, last year we had a one out one in most of the weekend... mind you its only £3.. we couldn't afford to do tickets if we wanted to.. i had to do the door last year.. god thats hard work... people moaning that its 11.30 why should they still pay the same as everyone else... not forgetting this is our first year at £3 last year it was still only £2.. rolleyes.gif

its a shame people have to be like that. its never a case of ripping people off. things have to be paid for ... but as i said above, not everyone realise that. if they went to a mainstream club in a town somwhere they'd be paying at least 2 or 3 times what you are charging without getting the quality you provide them.

We had the same thing at our do at Margate scooter rally, trying to get £3 off people.

"This is fooking scooterists ripping off scooterists"- and we weren't even covering our costs!

Hey-Ho!

Anyway looking forward to IOW - Going to the Crown Friday ,Hipshaker Saturday, and probably back to the Crown Sunday.

When we had the Maybe Tomorrow nights running a few years back we charged a fiver and there was the club on till 2am and a band, we charged £5 non-members and £4 members. We used to get asked things like did members get discount if there was 4 of them pay to get in at the same time wacko.gif

I hate doing the door :thumbsup: people arriving late thinking they shouldnt have to pay at all, moaning that the door tax is £3/4/5 when "normal" club would be £12/15 and upwards etc etc etc

Sorry shouldnt really say hate doing it, it just the cheeky ones that get on my nerves, the vast majority are right as rain

Edited by richard

indeed mischief ....i love it. not only because we play there but the whole thing. thousands of people ... and scooters .... great buzz about the place. weather usually good too ... gives it an almost festival like feel at times. and a really good choice of events to go to. crown northern soul

theatre bands and 3 button heroes vfm bands and DJ's 2 skinhead reggae do's mod nights at the wight rock bar ricky tick at marine bar mohair movers in sandown hipshaker plus a couple of more do's in bars like the squadron and liquid lounge. plenty!!!!!!!

I also Notice that now even one of The Main Stream Four Star Hotels Run By Warners @ Bembridge Coast Have a Ska Madness Themed Break with "Complete Madness" on during The Rally

Jon Buck

Be honest I do miss ridding to rallies but records now come first i'm affraid.. and I can't get 4 box's of vinyl on me scoot.. I have taken a box of 150 in the past but you spend the whole time worring about it..

"you fell over"

I know how you feel....when I used to DJ at ST Ives in the 80s I used to take a 200 box and some LPs on the back of my bike up and down the AI.....scary of what? I did take a corner in Huntingdon too fast once and the record box came flying off. :thumbsup:

TICKET UPDATE:

individual saturday advance tickets are now sold out via the wedgewood rooms. there are still tickets available for friday & sunday .... and a small number of weekend tickets.

we still have some tickets available to personal callers on the iow @ liberty's cafe bar, 12 union st, ryde.

and .... subject to availabilty ... we will be selling tickets @ the venue from midday - 4pm on fri, sat and sun. and on the door each night, again subject to availabilit y.

Guest kid mohair

TICKET UPDATE:

individual saturday advance tickets are now sold out via the wedgewood rooms. there are still tickets available for friday & sunday .... and a small number of weekend tickets.

we still have some tickets available to personal callers on the iow @ liberty's cafe bar, 12 union st, ryde.

and .... subject to availabilty ... we will be selling tickets @ the venue from midday - 4pm on fri, sat and sun. and on the door each night, again subject to availabilit y.

See ya friday night....... wicked.gif:lol:

Hey-Ho!

i didnt realise you were working :lol:

Hope the weather picks up before the weekend :D

Just checked the weather. Friday and Sat look good, :thumbsup::ohmy: haven't got to Sunday yet.

As we've just got back from holiday, haven't yet got tickets for Saturday nite, will have to get Ian to sort some out as soon as we get there. Looking forward to a great weekend. Hope everyone has a safe journey, whether on scooters or in cars.

Guest Bearsy

Just checked the weather. Friday and Sat look good, :D:D haven't got to Sunday yet.

As we've just got back from holiday, haven't yet got tickets for Saturday nite, will have to get Ian to sort some out as soon as we get there. Looking forward to a great weekend. Hope everyone has a safe journey, whether on scooters or in cars.

I might have 2 tickets spare for Saturday night Ciara but wont know until friday morning when we all meet up, i will call yourself or Ian and let you know as soon as i know :lol:

really buzzing now with me scooter all ready (praying big time here) and looking forward to the ride down and a very cultural weekend on the IOW :lol: , see you all at Hipshaker Saturday night and the Crown on Friday the only 2 places to be this weekend thats for sure thumbup.gif

Bearsy

I might have 2 tickets spare for Saturday night Ciara but wont know until friday morning when we all meet up, i will call yourself or Ian and let you know as soon as i know :thumbsup:

really buzzing now with me scooter all ready (praying big time here) and looking forward to the ride down and a very cultural weekend on the IOW :wicked: , see you all at Hipshaker Saturday night and the Crown on Friday the only 2 places to be this weekend thats for sure :thumbsup:

Bearsy

Thanks for that Paul. Have you got both mine and Ian's numbers. Look forward to seeing on the Island.

Safe Journey

Source Advert