Well...whitby This Weekend

BTW i attend Prestatyn event every year! also cleethorpes and i have been known to attend Whitby, like i said i go where i think i will enjoy myself,

You mentioned 'integrity' and 'plastic northern' not me, and it doesn't get much more plastic than a holiday company cashing in on what they percieve to be a 'winner' financially!

But to be honest i don't really care!

Well I do, that's why i replied to the thread. I really do hope it keeps fine for them (in more ways than one)....then maybe it can prove to some of us that he does care about his punters after all eh?

And about the holiday company "cashing in" where do you expect Midnight Hour to run a big weekender? My back room? Let's be honest lots of promoters are in it for the money to some extent. It's just that some go about it in better ways than others....and that's who I choose to give my hard earned pennies (and babysitting hours) to!

• Replies 62
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest hatman

Thought this was the Whitby Thread ????

I count up and thats 4 going Anyone else ???

How much are ticket ke--I mean Hardwork, nice pun on fav sound "you don't love me" Ha Ha Ha how true we dont !!! :thumbsup:

Guest krawen

yep its here again....whitby weekender....anyone going ????

Bazza

So what you doing then Bazza , are you going or stopping local with us :)

Me and Karen had tickets for last year but couldn't go due to my work commitments ,but the guest house we had booked in to let us swap for 2 weeks later , so we took one of the dogs up , went walking and generally had a good weekend.

Sounds like we were lucky from whats been posted on this thread :thumbsup:

All the best

Steve B

yep its here again....whitby weekender....anyone going ????

Bazza

Hi Bazza

We just back from holiday today so not been on site, we are coming to Whitby and so is the Bentick crew I beleive so we will see you there.

Barry and Pam Cooper

So what you doing then Bazza , are you going or stopping local with us :ohmy:

Me and Karen had tickets for last year but couldn't go due to my work commitments ,but the guest house we had booked in to let us swap for 2 weeks later , so we took one of the dogs up , went walking and generally had a good weekend.

Sounds like we were lucky from whats been posted on this thread :unsure:

All the best

Steve B

Hi Steve..she sez we are going..she fancies a bit of a break...and it is half paid for already...Ill see you next week

Bazza

Just for the record, I (aardvark) am definitely NOT Kev Roberts!

I just post information about events on here for a few friends of mine, one of whom is Kev.

My name is Ian & I used to have a little CD/DVD shop in Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent called Discount Disc, I used to sell lots of Northern Soul as well as other stuff. That is how I know Kev.

I just wanted to clear that up.

Ian (aardvark!)

I went to Whitby along with a few good other people from the North East, who enjoyed themselves and have already booked for next year, myself and Yvette were very disappointed with the Modern Room, musically the last couple of years have been better, and we have had a great time this year not sure what it was but I could not get going at all, that's not saying other's did not, the floor was full most of the time.

I missed the usual faces, many who were missing for what ever reason, and we certainly missed Kirsty who we both think the world of, maybe it was that, mates who we think the world of were not there, the likes of John Kane and Tracy, Gill & Graham, Ewan & Debbie and Steve and Andrea to name a few and it created a flat atmosphere for us.

I'm not blamming the DJ's, nor the promoter we all have times when we do not enjoy ourselves, this just happened to be one of those times for us

I only ventured into the main Room a couple of times and it was very full with the dance floor packed.

Will we go back next year, I really don't know, I'm going back on shifts and may have to use Hoildays to go and if i think I will have the same experience it's will be waste of a my Holidays has it put us off musically, to be honest yes it has

I not putting the blame on anyone it was proberly just us, what I can say the people we were with some for the first time thought it was brilliant

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

I went to Whitby along with a few good other people from the North East, who enjoyed themselves and have already booked for next year, myself and Yvette were very disappointed with the Modern Room, musically the last couple of years have been better, and we have had a great time this year not sure what it was but I could not get going at all, that's not saying other's did not, the floor was full most of the time.

I missed the usual faces, many who were missing for what ever reason, and we certainly missed Kirsty who we both think the world of, maybe it was that, mates who we think the world of were not there, the likes of John Kane and Tracy, Gill & Graham, Ewan & Debbie and Steve and Andrea to name a few and it created a flat atmosphere for us.

I'm not blamming the DJ's, nor the promoter we all have times when we do not enjoy ourselves, this just happened to be one of those times for us

I only ventured into the main Room a couple of times and it was very full with the dance floor packed.

Will we go back next year, I really don't know, I'm going back on shifts and may have to use Hoildays to go and if i think I will have the same experience it's will be waste of a my Holidays has it put us off musically, to be honest yes it has

I not putting the blame on anyone it was proberly just us, what I can say the people we were with some for the first time thought it was brilliant

Paul Conroy

Tyneside Soul Promotions

I feel the same Paul...even though we enjoyed it, a bit of the sparkle was not there..because of the reasons Ive highlighted in your post...not sure about next year ..I think we will try Brid...great to see Spot and a the others that were there...but I missed a lot of the faces that did'nt go

Bazza

I feel the same Paul...even though we enjoyed it, a bit of the sparkle was not there..because of the reasons Ive highlighted in your post...not sure about next year ..I think we will try Brid...great to see Spot and a the others that were there...but I missed a lot of the faces that did'nt go

Bazza

Bazza

It defo was flat for us, we were in great company, still had a great laugh, but there was something missing, it may well of been what I mentioned, I don't know,

Never mind

Paul Conroy

Tynesiden Soul Promotions

Guest Glawsters Best

Hope my pic came out on ya phone leon :ohmy::D

spanner

spanner

don't worry got your photo with the blue brigade. as for the weekend we enjoyed our selfs only problem it's such a long way for us it's a similar distant to yarmouth but takes an hour longer but as i have already said we will probably go to brid next year not because of the promoter but because their only a couple of weeks apart I'd like to thank tony,Amanda,Gary, Claire,Pete,Gail,Ganny,sue, Michael and wife, Gilly ,sue and a few more sorry can't remember names but still in recovery mode

fantastic weekend cheers

post-6360-1184087233_thumb.jpg

Source Advert