Little Willie Johnson - Lonliness

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

I'm after a copy of Little Willie Johnson - Lonliness.

I would give very good trades/cash for this in the region of £1500-£2000 depending on condition.

Thanks

James

jamestrouble@hotmail.com

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

I thought I saw one on ebay geezar?

Finished. It's on it's way to Essex, but not to me, which means I'm going to have to try to pursuade Wrighty to DJ in the northern room at the next Soul Revolution allnighter, easier said than done angry.gif Which by the way, I should have some interesting news about in the next week or so, including details of the New Years Eve party, and a monthly Soul Revolution soul night...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Finished. It's on it's way to Essex, but not to me, which means I'm going to have to try to pursuade Wrighty to DJ in the northern room at the next Soul Revolution so I can dance to it angry.gif Which by the way, I should have some interesting news about in the next week or so, including details of the New Years Eve party, and a monthly Soul Revolution soul night...

Ahh well cool... Wrighty in the Northern room at Soul Rev + monthly gig too :D By the way I thought someone located Mr Johson on here a while back ?

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Can't you dance to it in the funk room? Is it some kind of northern soul record? Sounds more at home in a funk room to my ears.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest wrighty

Can't you dance to it in the funk room? Is it some kind of northern soul record? Sounds more at home in a funk room to my ears.

i totally agree - thats why i had to have it, and why i'm quite a few quid poorer rolleyes.gif

of course that didn't stop james trying his usual 'why do you want that, too northern for you' line when i played it to him tho :D

Social source share

I'm after a copy of Little Willie Johnson - Lonliness.

I would give very good trades/cash for this in the region of £1500-£2000 depending on condition.

James, in the meantime treat yourself to Willie Hamilton "Nobody But Me"....even "punchier" and as Mel would put it "and then some"...

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist....LTER&Format= (sadly only the b-side)

You should be able to get one 10 times cheaper than your offer for Mr. Johnson.

The type of sound we LOVED to swing our hips to in Berlin 15 years ago...

...and are beginning to rediscover :thumbsup:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James, in the meantime treat yourself to Willie Hamilton "Nobody But Me"....even "punchier" and as Mel would put it "and then some"...

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist....LTER&Format= (sadly only the b-side)

You should be able to get one 10 times cheaper than your offer for Mr. Johnson.

The type of sound we LOVED to swing our hips to in Berlin 15 years ago...

...and are beginning to rediscover :huh:

It's ok Mark, but alot less "punchier" than the Little Willie and then "take away some", IMO. Nice enough, I could imagine it being a good old fashioned German hip swinger that you loved to get down to 15 years ago, but I think you're on a different page of the book here mate, maybe even a different book! :thumbsup: I do see where you're coming from though, it just doesn't have the 'edge' of the LWJ.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveC

Just heard it and its an absolutely awesome track - with arguably the finest vocals ever. I love it to pieces and insist that wrighty primes me before he plays it - funk or northern room - whichever!!!!!!

Fresh and fantastic!!

Social source share

Source Advert