George Smallwood Franklin

Guest collo

Guest collo

Can anyone help with a sound file of this one by george franklin smallwood and i think the marshmellows ? Hey Mamma

thanks all

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got both Smallwood 45s and I think I tend to prefer this to "ILT"

Marc

He has released more than two 45s on this label. At least four I think?

All with different label designs and colours (yellow, green, grey & blue).

Never seen the LP though.

CB

Edited by cC B
Social source share

He has released more than two 45s on this label. At least four I think?

All with different label designs and colours (yellow, green, grey & blue).

Never seen the LP though.

CB

I saw an lp on ebay last month , alas no soundfiles . :(

Social source share

had quite a few out on his own label...including the very hard to find "lady disco" and "sunshine lady" i love hey mama...something about all his releases they are all really well produced check the sleeper record "rollercoaster"...maybe a little electronic for this forums ears as i know how sensitive some of you are :unsure::(:ohmy: the boogie and disco boys should love it though.....

Social source share

Check out www.dcsoulrecordings.com for a full discography and a scan of the album. I believe it was just tracks that came out as 45's on the album, but it does include the rare 'Mr Sunshine ' which I recently picked up on 45. This is a bit more downtempo than 'Hey mama' and kind of reminds me of a flowers type groover. it's great anyway!

Dave

Social source share

Guest Blueimage

I can supply the LPs track listing if anyone still needs it.

His full catalogue is indeed listed on my website, www.dcsoulrecordings.com ........someone above mentioned a 12", there was never a 12", but you may have mistaken the "You Know I Love You" 33 1/3 small holed single for one.

Check out www.dcsoulrecordings.com for a full discography and a scan of the album. I believe it was just tracks that came out as 45's on the album, but it does include the rare 'Mr Sunshine ' which I recently picked up on 45. This is a bit more downtempo than 'Hey mama' and kind of reminds me of a flowers type groover. it's great anyway!

Dave

Edited by Blueimage
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert