For Sale / Trade: Leonard Adeair "i Dig You" On One Way

boba

I have a copy to sell or trade of Leonard Adeair "I dig you" / "Pussycat baby" on One Way 301. This record is extremely rare and never comes up for sale, definitely harder than his other title (which is also rare) on Stage Productions. This copy is a clean VG, shiny with light scuffing, plays fine, I'm attaching a scan and audio. The flip has a few more marks but is still a similar grade. I will take offers on this (cash in US$ or trades) for a week (until next Saturday).

Here is the scan:

post-5120-1184448611_thumb.jpg

Here is an audio clip:

ladeair.mp3

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I only had a few PMs about this with an offer of $500. I'm not sure if this is unknown because it is so obscure, but this is an extremely rare 45 that never comes up for sale. I think it's pictured in one of the guides (I think the Tim Brown guide) in a section of rare 45s. Here is audio of the b-side, which is also pretty good (but not as good as the a-side, which is really nice):

ladeair2.mp3

The flip plays with some crackle at the beginning, as you can hear. I will take offers of cash or trades until Saturday night. Thanks.

Social source share

A very interesting 45 Bob. Maybe not quite as good as his record on Stage Productions, but still very worthwhile. What do you know of the Robert Kelly 45 on One Way? Was he one of the Kelly Brothers as has been mentioned or a completely unconnected artist? Whatever he has a marvellous voice.

soul on!

Social source share

A very interesting 45 Bob. Maybe not quite as good as his record on Stage Productions, but still very worthwhile. What do you know of the Robert Kelly 45 on One Way? Was he one of the Kelly Brothers as has been mentioned or a completely unconnected artist? Whatever he has a marvellous voice.

soul on!

I like this Leonard Adeair much better than the Stage Productions 45, partly because I collect groups and the Stage Productions 45 only has a Marvin Gaye style over-dub and no backing group. Either way this is a much harder record.

Robert Kelly was one of the Kelly Brothers (and the King Pins). The guy that ran one way was Offe Reese, who was a member of the King Pins (from which some members became the Kelly Brothers).

Edited by boba
Social source share

Current high bid still only $650. I got offered a couple records I would trade for although haven't heard back from the person. Will update tomorrow night (US time) with the status. Thanks.

High bid is still $650. I will take bids through tomorrow (Saturday). I think I will be out Saturday night UK time so I might be resolving the bids of people that PM me until Sunday (but I will definitely close this out on Sunday). You can PM me with offers or trades or email me at boba (at) panix.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert