Dynamic Upsetters - Come On Down

Just rediscovered a 7 inch that plays at 33 by the Dynamic Upsetters on Upsetters Records with a solid centre. 'Come on down' is the 'B' side but is the better on IMO the 'A' side 'Dance' is a catchy medley of various soul standards. I had forgotten the tune until I played it this morning.

Thing is I can't remember when or where I bought this other than it is in a sleave with the details of Melvin Moore - All of a sudden / Tenessee written on in my writing. It's good but I can't believe I traded Melvin Moore for it :thumbsup: which I had but haven't seen for years. :thumbsup:

Anyway not sure anyone is gonna own up to a trade like that but if it was you and you are reading this can we swap back :thumbsup::thumbsup: other wise any info on this release appreciated.

Edited by ged parker
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just rediscovered a 7 inch that plays at 33 by the Dynamic Upsetters on Upsetters Records with a solid centre. 'Come on down' is the 'B' side but is the better on IMO the 'A' side 'Dance' is a catchy medley of various soul standards. I had forgotten the tune until I played it this morning.

Thing is I can't remember when or where I bought this other than it is in a sleave with the details of Melvin Moore - All of a sudden / Tenessee written on in my writing. It's good but I can't believe I traded Melvin Moore for it :thumbsup: which I had but haven't seen for years. :thumbsup:

Anyway not sure anyone is gonna own up to a trade like that but if it was you and you are reading this can we swap back :thumbsup::thumbsup: other wise any info on this release appreciated.

Had a couple of these, large centre copies, 45rpm on Mega, the same label as Mellow Madness but not in the same league really. Recall the 'come on down' side being ok but not liking the flip at all.

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Had a couple of these, large centre copies, 45rpm on Mega, the same label as Mellow Madness but not in the same league really. Recall the 'come on down' side being ok but not liking the flip at all.

Clearly not in the Mellow Madness league or the Melvin Moore for that matter didn't know this came out on Mega though. Can't understand why I would have bought / traded it way back as it was way out of left field for my taste back then :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert