• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the dukester

Hello

Would some kind soul give me a valuation for this 45 please Seeburg 3008

Thanks

Dazz

On Anglo American auction at the moment £500 so far.

Social source share

Blimey, Thanks for that Dukester didn't even realise it was on there, got to be a miss-print , not even as good as Martha !!!

I got a mint copy on ebay for $3 6 months ago. It was listed in soul but listed with the other a-side. No one else saw it. I've seen it for sale a few times in other contexts, don't think it is really 500 pounds rare.

Social source share

I got a mint copy on ebay for $3 6 months ago. It was listed in soul but listed with the other a-side. No one else saw it. I've seen it for sale a few times in other contexts, don't think it is really 500 pounds rare.

I would say about 30/40 but wouldnt bother till i found one for twenty. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest martyn

Sold one on ebay a couple of years back.£20 if my memory serves me well.A copy of 'Come see about me' on Seeburg went for £65 in the same time period (to Japan).............Don't know if the prices might be driven by juke box collectors?

Social source share

Sold one on ebay a couple of years back.£20 if my memory serves me well.A copy of 'Come see about me' on Seeburg went for £65 in the same time period (to Japan).............Don't know if the prices might be driven by juke box collectors?

Why do you get a free juke box with it. :D

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Was you thinking of something else Dukester, as I don't see it on AA auction

Dazz

Im Sure Ive just deleted their list from my email, seen it on there :D I must be going mad :thumbup:

Social source share

the records were made by the Seeburg jukebox company...

Like we dont know,i used to have loads of em`all diferent colours,including above :thumbsup:

Social source share

It was on Brownies auction a couple of months ago. I thought it was rare? went for big money I believe. If anyone has it cheap I'll certainly take it. :ohmy:

Try "wants" :thumbsup: you never know,but starting off with Brownies auction price aint gonna`help!! :ohmy:

Social source share

I think that was the bargain of the century Boba. If you see another one buy it and I'll give you a good profit on it. :thumbup:

Now then where's all these other cheap copies that the rest of you have/can get????

Social source share

I think that was the bargain of the century Boba. If you see another one buy it and I'll give you a good profit on it. :thumbup:

Now then where's all these other cheap copies that the rest of you have/can get????

I definitely don't think it's common, but I think it's the type of record (jukebox ripoff record) that random dealers that get it won't even bother putting it on ebay. I think if it was known to random US sellers as a valuable record you would start to see copies go through ebay.

Social source share

I definitely don't think it's common, but I think it's the type of record (jukebox ripoff record) that random dealers that get it won't even bother putting it on ebay. I think if it was known to random US sellers as a valuable record you would start to see copies go through ebay.

What about the stuff on the HIT label? Bloody hard to find some of the titles on this label also. I've been after a copy of Ritchie Brown - Uptight- for ages now....Anyone?

Social source share

seeburg spotlite band playe by guy hennigan covered up in1987 at tonys new empress ballrooms,, too packed dancefloors,,, recall aconversation with butch in the record room cafe bar area,,who thought it was one the best things guy was playing at the time ,,got too agree,, bought my first copy off tony livesy ,,joans husband ,,for £60 few years later sold too dj and promoter mark wilson in scotland , since tried afew times too buy ,,,,,trade it back.. too no avail..incidently igot larry clinton wdj easier than igot thi s record,,, the copy recently auctoned on anglo americans ..went in excess of£760 ,,,got the martha reeves but in my opinion not on the same planet as the spotlite band,,,,

Can't see what would make a primitive kareoke record worth £500 myself
:D

Social source share

seeburg spotlite band playe by guy hennigan covered up in1987 at tonys new empress ballrooms,, too packed dancefloors,,, recall aconversation with butch in the record room cafe bar area,,who thought it was one the best things guy was playing at the time ,,got too agree,, bought my first copy off tony livesy ,,joans husband ,,for £60 few years later sold too dj and promoter mark wilson in scotland , since tried afew times too buy ,,,,,trade it back.. too no avail..incidently igot larry clinton wdj easier than igot thi s record,,, the copy recently auctoned on anglo americans ..went in excess of£760 ,,,got the martha reeves but in my opinion not on the same planet as the spotlite band,,,,

What does Butch know :D

Social source share

since guy playing it , big marks the only guy ive ever known to own it .....wouldnt sell it to me either

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert