More Sad News, Theresa Carden From Leeds

Sorry to be the bearer of more sad news, especially to those of you who knew Teresa well from the soul scene in the 90's. Many of you will know her well, she was one of the 3 Theresa's that used to go to Queens Hall Bradford, Stoke to name a few with little Alison (my best mate). Those of you who knew her closest will know that she battled for many, many years with a terrible illness that in the end got the better of her. She died on Saturday, aged 38, surronded by her family.

She didnt come out very often in recent years bdue to her illness, the last time was at The Wilton (Andy P do you remember the lift home), she was so loveable. Keith from Hartlepool if you reading this, Alison said you will remember the long conversations with her at The Wilton.

Alison has just rang again to say that many of you will also remember her from modern do's, especially Thorne, many people ask us both about her when we are out.

The funeral is on Wednesday, any messages will be passed onto Theresa's mum by Alison.

Hope this year gets better!.

Rip, darling, going to have a drink for you next time we are out.

Kirsty & Alisonxxxx

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I knew all 3 Teresas, but am unsure which one this is

Please pass on mine and Michaels condolences to her family

It was one that went out with Michaels friend. The pretty one who had anorexia. Will pass it Kirsty.

x

Social source share

Very sad...

I remember going to Keele with Paul from Sheffield and the Three Theresas.

The car broke down just outside Sandbach services and we all had to push it up the slip road.. with each one of them peeling off as the strain got too much...

It ended up with me pushing it and Theresa sat inside steering.

Not seen her for years then she turned up at the Wilton looking no different to the last time I had seen her, and to be honest she didn't look to well then.

Such a shame.

Social source share

It was one that went out with Michaels friend. The pretty one who had anorexia. Will pass it Kirsty.

x

Know who you mean now Kirsty...

So very sad.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Remember being in Rob the Stick's Land Rover... me and Tony in the back... Teresa in the front.

Rob ended up going up this massive curb... sorry.. central reservation type thingy whistling.gif ... all of us ended up being thrown up in the air... records everywhere... along with a bar of Dairy Milk we were trying to eat... couldn't find it anywhere... until Teresa went to get out of the car... and found she was stuck to the seat... so funny....

Social source share

Know who you mean now Kirsty...

So very sad.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Remember being in Rob the Stick's Land Rover... me and Tony in the back... Teresa in the front.

Rob ended up going up this massive curb... sorry.. central reservation type thingy whistling.gif ... all of us ended up being thrown up in the air... records everywhere... along with a bar of Dairy Milk we were trying to eat... couldn't find it anywhere... until Teresa went to get out of the car... and found she was stuck to the seat... so funny....

Thats made me chuckle Joan. Alison's just rang again, she said do you remember the ice cream story?. I'll see if you've remembered it by tomorrow night.

Joe, I can just picture it :thumbup:

Social source share

Thats made me chuckle Joan. Alison's just rang again, she said do you remember the ice cream story?. I'll see if you've remembered it by tomorrow night.

Ha ha... that is the ice cream story... where did i get Dairy milk from?

I know... it was a Dairy Milk Ice Cream Lolly! biggrin.gif

I think it's times like these we should remember her by... her lovely smile...

Social source share

Thanks for posting this up Kirsty, Ali had texted me the sad news a few hours earlier. Hung out with the 3 Theresa's quite a bit during the early-mid 90s and on glancing through my photo albums at the weekend (looking for something completely different) I saw her smiling face on several photos.

Can you send me the funeral details as I'd like to try get over for it.

thanks,

derek

In time I will post up photos of Theresa in respect and as a memorial.

Social source share

Thanks Derek, some photos of her posted up would be lovely. I cant pm from work, but will pm you tonight or get Ali to send you a text. It is on Wednesday morning at a church near Ali, Theresa Burke is going to.

It would be nice if you could make it.

Kx

Social source share

The funeral was today. Appartently it was very moving & she went off in style, white horse drawn carriage, white horses & white coffin. She was played out to "Dont take away the music" by Tavares. Rip Theresa.xxxx

Social source share

Guest 45s and 33s

Michael McShane (who is not a member of Soul Source) asked that I post to pass on his condolences on behalf of the Scottish mob - he knew Theresa well from his frequent forays down to England in the 90s. Although I don't think I knew her, I would also like to pass on my respects.

Ali

Social source share

Hi Kirsty,

So sorry to hear the news. Will never forget the nights out at Thorne when you, Alison & Theresa were there. The three of you are such a fixture in our memories of that place. What a great time we had.

Please pass on our sincere Southern condolences to Theresa's family on the loss of their beautiful girl.

Theresa, Justin & Dru from London xx

Social source share

Hi Kirsty,

So sorry to hear the news. Will never forget the nights out at Thorne when you, Alison & Theresa were there. The three of you are such a fixture in our memories of that place. What a great time we had.

Please pass on our sincere Southern condolences to Theresa's family on the loss of their beautiful girl.

Theresa, Justin & Dru from London xx

Well hello, long time no see. Hope you are all keeping well. We certainly did have some great times at Thorne. I've a feeling though that you might be thinking of Theresa Burke though as it tended to be me, her & Alison at Thorne in more recent years. Theresa Carden went to Thorne many years ago. Though Theresa Carden may have come with us now & again, Theresa Burke is the one I am closest to & tended to come out with us more. Bri sends his love.

Kirstyx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert