Jimmy Hanna & The Dynamics - Leavin' Here - Seafair Bolo Recs

Picked up today

JIMMY HANNA & THE DYNAMICS - LEAVIN' HERE / SOMEONE SOMEWHERE - SEAFAIR BOLO - B-752

Would love to know more about it value where the label is from and all that.

Derek

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Picked up today

JIMMY HANNA & THE DYNAMICS - LEAVIN' HERE / SOMEONE SOMEWHERE - SEAFAIR BOLO - B-752

Would love to know more about it value where the label is from and all that.

Derek

by sheer coincidence I was talking (via email) to geoffg about this earlier as he's pretty sure this is the version that used to be played on the early 60's mod scene (as opposed to the Eddie Holland's 1963 original or the UK Bird's versions) - it's from 1965 and a label listing is here :

https://j_withers.tripod.com/seafair.htm

The above says it's a NW label - not sure what NW refers too but I'm sure someone else will...

Value wise, I would guess at about £15-25 - great version IMO, though it's such a brilliant song I love all three versions mentioned above....

Martin

Social source share

by sheer coincidence I was talking (via email) to geoffg about this earlier as he's pretty sure this is the version that used to be played on the early 60's mod scene (as opposed to the Eddie Holland's 1963 original or the UK Bird's versions) - it's from 1965 and a label listing is here :

https://j_withers.tripod.com/seafair.htm

The above says it's a NW label - not sure what NW refers too but I'm sure someone else will...

Value wise, I would guess at about £15-25 - great version IMO, though it's such a brilliant song I love all three versions mentioned above....

Martin

NW stands for northwestern united states, which is meaningful to early garage collectors that care about the sonics and the wailers for example.

Social source share

Yes, pretty good version but not a patch on Connie Austin's (that ones pretty unknown still), there's a few other things worth picking up on the label too, not least Mr Hanna's swinging cover of Roy Lee Thompson's "Busybody" which is in my playbox for tonight!

mmmm, soundfile please Michael smile.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert