Wanted - Parisians

Phild

• Replies 25
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Parisians - Twinkle, Twinkle. Anybody got one for sale? How much?

cheers

Phil

a very popular tune indeed Phil and a bit of a fave of mine, you will be looking at about £7/800 ish i reckon,

good luck :)

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

a very popular tune indeed Phil and a bit of a fave of mine, you will be looking at about £7/800 ish i reckon,

good luck :)

Surely thats the price on The Traditions rather than the Parisians? Which I think is exactly the same track?

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Saw a Traditions a while back for £400.

I saw one on ebay last year and I reckon that it was about that price. Prior to that the last one I saw was £700. No idea what it sold for.

Social source share

Surely thats the price on The Traditions rather than the Parisians? Which I think is exactly the same track?

your right Stuart it is basically the same track, the Traditions did go for about £400+ a month or so ago but i know of 2 people that paid in the region of £7/800 for the Parisians version and when i enquired about one about a year ago i was quoted at £800 which i hasten to say i didnt buy :D

supply and demand i suppose again

Social source share

your right Stuart it is basically the same track, the Traditions did go for about £400+ a month or so ago but i know of 2 people that paid in the region of £7/800 for the Parisians version and when i enquired about one about a year ago i was quoted at £800 which i hasten to say i didnt buy :D

The Traditions is the better version in my humble opinion, reccon my mate got a bargain with the one on ebay about a month ago. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I remain under the impression that the two records are exactly the same recording (I recall playing my Parisians alongside Nick Brown's Traditions and us concluding that the mixes were different but that was all, or have we both lost it?). Anyone know for sure? I know that the Group Collectors Book has the same conclusion. In fact they use the track for the explanation of how their listings work. I've seen more copies of the Parisians than the Traditions I'm certain.

Social source share

I remain under the impression that the two records are exactly the same recording (I recall playing my Parisians alongside Nick Brown's Traditions and us concluding that the mixes were different but that was all, or have we both lost it?). Anyone know for sure? I know that the Group Collectors Book has the same conclusion. In fact they use the track for the explanation of how their listings work. I've seen more copies of the Parisians than the Traditions I'm certain.

That sounds interesting Stuart playing them side by side, your right about seeing more of the Parisians than the Traditions for sale or wanted,

someone must know, i think im going to start a new thread as there is another similar record by different artists but sound the same

Social source share

That sounds interesting Stuart playing them side by side, your right about seeing more of the Parisians than the Traditions for sale or wanted,

someone must know, i think im going to start a new thread as there is another similar record by different artists but sound the same

The Parisians has girl backing singers for a start. I've also heard about a third version, but not heard it.

Social source share

can someone post a soundfile of the Traditions? I have it somewhere but can't remember which cd it is on. Can at least then compare and say what and if there is any difference.

Always thought the Traditions was the rarer of the two :rolleyes:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

can someone post a soundfile of the Traditions? I have it somewhere but can't remember which cd it is on. Can at least then compare and say what and if there is any difference.

Always thought the Traditions was the rarer of the two :rolleyes:

There's a sound clip on Manship's Rarest Of The Rare

CB

Social source share

The Parisians on my PC sounds like a slightly speeded up version of the Traditions :rolleyes: Other than that I'd say they are the same.

Anyone got a full sound file of the Traditions?

I agree they sound identical with the traditions having the girl backing singers

Social source share

I agree they sound identical with the traditions having the girl backing singers

:unsure:The other way round my friend. Parisians is a mess to my ears, with a much bigger production, girl or kiddie backing singers.

Traditions is a much cleaner more basic production. Them bongo's make it for me.

Social source share

:DThe other way round my friend. Parisians is a mess to my ears, with a much bigger production, girl or kiddie backing singers.

Traditions is a much cleaner more basic production. Them bongo's make it for me.

:P thats what i meant, i always do that and ive only listened to each of them 5 times each :unsure:

I agree with you too about the Traditions being a lot cleaner, not so much going on and you can hear them bongos clearer :lol:

Social source share

Source Advert