Anyone Esle Had This Happen?

I had a box of records in the car overnight and it was very cold and where I live in the country you get obviously get a lot of dew or condensation.

I went to pack this record for a sourcer - It was mint minus when I put it in the box in the car.

When I went to pack it to send I checked it and the vynil has gone dull in patches and it make the record look bad. It still plays absolutely fine but just looks horrible.

The record in Question was Brenda Holloway- When your gone - Tamla US White demo

There is no staining on the label- this has just affected the vynil

Anyone shed any light? and can I do anything about it?

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yeah stop making excuses for selling dodgy records..

we live in the big smoke where theres a lot of dew..

I woke up yesterday morning looked out the window and there was dew on the grass

so I shouted f*** off back to Israel.. :D:sleep3:

yeah good old chubby.. :thumbsup:

I had a box of records in the car overnight and it was very cold and where I live in the country you get obviously get a lot of dew or condensation.

I went to pack this record for a sourcer - It was mint minus when I put it in the box in the car.

When I went to pack it to send I checked it and the vynil has gone dull in patches and it make the record look bad. It still plays absolutely fine but just looks horrible.

The record in Question was Brenda Holloway- When your gone - Tamla US White demo

Social source share

Sounds like a shellac type of vinyl and some of the oil has escaped. Gentle cleaning should do the trick. Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert