November Soul Session

Soulof

Hi,

Punky and Soulof are arranging a November soulparty in Gothenburg Sweden.

This will be a weekend to remember so be sure not to miss this !. This will be a specialevent with

Steve Cato from sunny Manchester and Swedish dj´s that have played at Steve Catos club in Manchester

On Friday November 9th there is a smaller warmup free admission at Rutger bar

On Sat 10th Nov its a night from 9pm to at least 4am. this is a private party but all that has to be done is to mail

your name to this address soulsession-gbg@hotmail.com to get access to the party.

Pls note this must be done. Entrance for the Saturday is 100:- SEK ( around £7)

Dj´s for the two days poss. more tba

Steve Cato Manchester England (Soul or Nothing etc)

Punky & Soulof, Gothenbourg

Christian H, Ludde Gothenbourg,

Sebban Basta Nilsson Malmoe

Lars Schr¶der Stockholm

For ttravel and hotel info pls look here

https://uppers.org/showCityguide.asp?country=1&city=3

For traveling best flights is from Manchester: (goers from other Uk

destinations as well )

change in Copenhagen

www.sas.se info is also in English

www.cityairline.com flights directly from Manchester, Birmingham to

Gothenburg. if book early it can be reached for about £ 180-200 but o-wise

expensive (only Matrix businessmen on that one....)

you can also see att ebookers.com SAS also included there . Gothenburg

are our airport called in that system. all flights think ttrough Copenhagen

From Dublin , London, Glasgow ryanair is traveling directly to Gothenburg

See you all in November !

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great!!!

Will be great to see mr Cato again!

Looking 4ward. Punkk

Its good to see that the event details are up on the forum and details sorted...What kind of venue is it??? i have been told its a boat????

Nice chance to see all the boys again,quite a few have played over here in the past couple of years

...A few weeks to sort out travel for any from the uk if you fancy a break,will be my first time in Sweden and looking forward to it all so much..I am sure that many are aware of some quality soul nights around Europe...Lets see if we can't get a few over to see Olof and the boys,you know they will look after you :lol: ...

Guest Lydia H

I'm really really looking forward to coming over. Not only have I not been to Sweden before, but I have really missed our Olof and it will be good to see him and the boys again. And not only will we get our fix of the fellas, but a good ole soul weekend too. How fantastic! Bring it on.... :lol:

Oh yes, do remember that I'll probably want to see some vintage stores too...who wants to research that for me?

:Pbiggrin.gif:shhh:

xxx

Lydia

Guest Arcticsoulboy

Woohoo! This´ll be great - really looking forward to it! Hmm, I´ll bring my best dancing shoes and my recently purchased bottle of icelandic "Black death" schnapps...

Guest Lydia H

I'm coming over from London! Gonna be some wonderful debauchery and hellraising going on. Mooore than likely...

Can't wait, had some of the best soul events ever in Gothenburg.

Join in!

Marcus

Ah it'll be great to see you. I can't believe we will see you more in Sweden than we do back home!

And hell-raising you say? I'm not sure if I will be able to cope with that.... :wicked::lol::lol:

Punky - Hellraising in a positive note, not satanism or anything like that! I SHALL bring my best suit if you bring yours you old mod you. Can't wait to see you!

Stevie & Lydia - Will be great to see you there. Can't wait to show you around and also to show you what the Swedes can get up to. I'm sure you will cope!

SoulOfSoul- Thanks for the add! I shall do my best to keep up with the superb line-up you guys have sorted.

This is gonna be a greeeat party! :thumbsup::thumbsup::unsure:

Can Punky post a flyer on here please and then i can forward it to others..Need to know whats the score with money out there???? no euro i think???? whats the score and whats the exchange rate like??? do we with the pound get a good deal as with the dollar/euro,i hope so...First time in Sweden and i hope i get to see a moose rolleyes.gif

Steve- You get around 14 kronor (no euros) for one pound. A pint is around 40 kr, around £2.50 to £3.

So pretty much like London...

I know a place to go see a moose.

It's a little family of three. They're big!

we´ve plannned that moosetrip allready ! thats a proper king of the forrest. Really looking forward to this!

we´ve plannned that moosetrip allready ! thats a proper king of the forrest. Really looking forward to this!

Good stuff! thumbup.gif

Still cheap flights with Ryanair, £0.79 to fly on the Friday and £0.79 to go back Sunday morning from London to Gothenburg. Surely cheap flights from Manchester and other places as well!

WELL WORTH IT FOR A SOULFUL SINFUL WEEKEND IN SWEDEN!

Good stuff! :wave:

Still cheap flights with Ryanair, £0.79 to fly on the Friday and £0.79 to go back Sunday morning from London to Gothenburg. Surely cheap flights from Manchester and other places as well!

WELL WORTH IT FOR A SOULFUL SINFUL WEEKEND IN SWEDEN!

I will pass on the details Macke,lets see if a few more can pop over for the weekend.. :wave:

Guest Lydia H

We get to see mooses too? How fabulous...I'll make sure to bring a spare battery for my camera as I think I will be snapping away taking pictures like a crazy woman.... biggrin.gif

Guest Arcticsoulboy

Hotel: check

Train tickets: check

Records: check

Dancing shoes: check

Moose antlers: check

Belorussian vodka: check

Now all I need is a time machine to transport me 10 days forward... See you in Stockholm before the weekend!

Hotel: check

Train tickets: check

Records: check

Dancing shoes: check

Moose antlers: check

Belorussian vodka: check

Now all I need is a time machine to transport me 10 days forward... See you in Stockholm before the weekend!

Vodka and a moose..Now there is a story :no: ...

.Nice flyer indeed...Any news on others coming over from UK/Norway ETC????..

Edited by little-stevie

Vodka and a moose..Now there is a story :D ...

.Nice flyer indeed...Any news on others coming over from UK/Norway ETC????..

x Hmm. Not that I know of yet but names keep dropping in. theres a big bunch of travellers from Stockholm that travels south to get northern :thumbup: .

only a week to go !

Guest Bearsoul

I will be on the Stocholm soul train my son..Have the beers and a bit of the other :D ready mate..

Have an ACE TIME !!! you lucky lucky people ! wish we could have made it maybe another time......And OLAF .....The Landlord at Mulvaneys wants to know when your coming back as his takings are down BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Cptn M

Guest Lydia H

So many people telling me to give you a big hug or snog when we see you Olof. Sorry Steve, I think it's gonna have to be a bit of a snog fest to pass em all over :D:lol::thumbsup:

Have an ACE TIME !!! you lucky lucky people ! wish we could have made it maybe another time......And OLAF .....The Landlord at Mulvaneys wants to know when your coming back as his takings are down BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Cptn M

ahh Mulvaneys. best place in the world. will be over very soon Mr Morgan!

Guest Bearsoul

ahh Mulvaneys. best place in the world. will be over very soon Mr Morgan!

WHEN ??? LET US KNOW ! YOUR WELCOME HERE AT THE EMPORIUM OF WAX...VERY VERY CLOSE TO MULVANEYS :)

CnC :huh:

Guest Arcticsoulboy

Just three days to go now - yay! How cold is Gothenburg at the moment? Any fog from the North Sea? I think I´ll dress something like the deck hands on those crab trawlers in "The Deadliest Catch" on Discovery Channel...

Guest Lydia H

only one day left for us, we fly out tomorrow night, so tonight I have to pack....I've checked the weather forecast and it looks like it's going to be very cold

should we sneak over some bottles of warming spirits (vodka, gin etc) - as I hear they are lots cheaper here.....?

Source Advert