Newly Cut Acetates

Guest enchantedrythm

Some wierd veiws out there, some interesting bits though.

Soul police-now there is a thought, but are we not self-policing?

D.J's are booked on their own merits, their reputations or maybe their "share a venue " influences etc (their ability to stage a venue, book certain D.J's and guarantee an away match when the said D.J hold his or her venue((old boy network)).

Maybe promoters could police this?

By playing these unreleased tracks cut off C.D's is to take that the C.D in question is released and available to all? In that circumstance then it cannot be acceptable as its really what the scenes political standpoint has been against on the whole.

D.J's like The Barnfather have been cutting dubs for as long as I can remember, some 35 years. In certain cases, ease of use, protection of particular venerable vinyl seems slighty more acceptable, but still the matter of policing that comes into play would be enough to do anyones head.

Playing of tracks that are off pre-released C.D's is a matter of promotion at the end of the day and must be counted in its own merits as to the person playing said track and or relationship of those parties. This kettle of fish can be taken either way. Conspiracy? Promotion? or just plain getting the public at large to hear a track that fits the pattern in a way that dance floor reaction demands?

For me the above would just be a matter of promoting ones own interests, in whatever guise it presents itself.

I'm against this practise full stop. I collect vinyl on the strength of first auditions, usually at a venue, and feel mistreated when discovering the said track not available.

THERE ARE MILLIONS OF RECORDS OUT THERE THAT FIT THE BILL, AND MAYBE AVAILABLE, if only in small numbers, these should be played in preference.

Or ive such a brilliant set of records to play you should BOOK me now!

Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!