Rimini 2008

mischief

• Replies 24
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was told when we were out there this year that 2007 would be the last one, (club was supposed to be changing hands or something)! Don't know if anything's changed.

No - that club closed but another was already being looked at then.

I know they are definitely planning a summer Rimini 2008, as their regular UK DJ has been asked again recently.

I can check if dates are confirmed - if anybody wants them early?

m

No - that club closed but another was already being looked at then.

I know they are definitely planning a summer Rimini 2008, as their regular UK DJ has been asked again recently.

I can check if dates are confirmed - if anybody wants them early?

m

Certainly would be interested in going again - loved it last year. So yes dates please as soon as you have them Maria.....

Excellant if you have dates... as more want to come this year but need to book holidays or adjust shifts etc...

It's too late to call Simone in Italy now, so I have just sent him and Christian an email with the question (and this link in case they want to answer direct).

Not sure if they had a date confirmed yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask :lol:

Cristina has moved back to London and she was talking about it to Karen recently too.

m

ps. I meant to say the previous club was being sold and that's why they had to look elsewhere (the new owner had other ideas)

The guys hope to confirm everything by the end of this month, but say it's defintely JULY 2008 and are aiming for the usual weekend. The venue is in a nice beach area near Rimini (even closer to the main airport, I believe) ...but I won't say too much until all is confirmed :unsure: .

m

• 1 month later...

I've been that busy lately that I haven't even sent my Christmas cards to Australia yet, let alone written the rest :D

Thanks to Nicky for nagging me on this, coz I've just got an email reply back from Simone who sent me the date:

RIMINI 18th / 19th July '08

(not sure if they'll add any dates either side of these, but he'll call with more details soon)

It's back to work now, so cheerio kiddies :lol:

m

Guest Ste Brazil

I've been that busy lately that I haven't even sent my Christmas cards to Australia yet, let alone written the rest :lol:

Thanks to Nicky for nagging me on this, coz I've just got an email reply back from Simone who sent me the date:

(not sure if they'll add any dates either side of these, but he'll call with more details soon)

It's back to work now, so cheerio kiddies :lol:

m

I think we are going to give this a go, heard good things about it.

What is the usual music policy, across the board?

Ste. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've been that busy lately that I haven't even sent my Christmas cards to Australia yet, let alone written the rest :huh:

It's back to work now, so cheerio kiddies :rolleyes:

m

• 3 weeks later...
Guest studmeister

Great, really looking forward to a return trip to Rimini after a two year break. looking to bring a few "Rimini virgins" over too! :lol:

As a Rimini virgin, just got a couple of questions, if someone can kindly respond. Planning to bring the other half and grown up family . They can do the beach thing while I enjoy myself.

Firstly, is it tickets in advance or pay on the door?

What is the general area I need to be looking at for hotels? Don't want to be the wrong end of town, you know what I mean.

Anyone recommend any specific hotels?

Thanks for any answers.

Andy

As a Rimini virgin, just got a couple of questions, if someone can kindly respond. Planning to bring the other half and grown up family . They can do the beach thing while I enjoy myself.

What is the general area I need to be looking at for hotels? Don't want to be the wrong end of town, you know what I mean.

Thanks for any answers.

Andy

I'm glad you asked that as I have been meaning to post a near identical set of questions. In our case we are intending to bring our music (and sandcastle) loving four year old :lol:

Also, in previous threads I have seen that Bologna is mentioned as being the closer airport - but others have flown to Rimini itself - can anyone confirm which is best/least hassle (esp. re 4 year old in tow)?

cheers

Martin

cheers Paul, can't see any easyjet flights available atm, is there anywhere else I should be looking or are the just not bookable yet?

May not be out yet.. be careful.. we found when booking cheap flights (easy and ryan air) when there is a lot of intrest the prices go up.. even if you look in the morning then ring your mates then check the price again, go on a day later to book it, it will go up..

Happened to us a couple of times but really noticed it when we went Edingburgh as everyone in our group was looking so at the start of the week it was cheap at the end it was more expensive..

Would highly recomend Rimini to any one who hasn't been before...

cheers Paul, can't see any easyjet flights available atm, is there anywhere else I should be looking or are the just not bookable yet?

No neither can I Martin but their site still shows the route. I've emailed them to find out but am awaiting a reply. Forli and Bologna are at least an hour away by road, so Rimini direct is best if you can get it. By the way Curtis would love the beach it's very child (and father) friendly.

Don't panic yet. I usually book our around February or March and we're often the first from our mates. They watch and wait ..and get theirs cheaper.

Unless you see a "near-nothing + tax" price, wait a bit. And I agree that most should try and fly straight into RIMINI airport - not Forli (the bus ride in Italy ain't worth it). Although those near Stanstead might weigh up which side they'd rather have the bother.

FLIGHTS TO RIMINI ARE AVAILABLE FROM at least 4 UK AIRPORTS (I understand) :

From East Midlands (EMA) (RMI) Ryanair

From London Gatwick (LGW) (RMI) - Astraeus (sub charter)

From London Luton (LTN) (RMI) Easyjet

From Manchester International (MAN) (RMI) - My Travel Airways

(Martin - I'll give you info about hotels, etc too. It's on further down the road this year, so just waiting on the address)

Another 'top' uk DJ has just been confirmed :g: , so it shouldn't be too long before the Italian promoters make some announcements about the venue address and final dj lineup.

As long as you've all booked your time off work - the there's pleny of time for booking flights/hotels now.

Rimini : only 6 MONTHS to go .........and counting thumbup.gif

m

Hey there Studdy!

Fair few should be going from our neck of the woods.

Give me a call before you book, might save a few bob on cabs

Col.

Guest studmeister

Hey there Studdy!

Fair few should be going from our neck of the woods.

Give me a call before you book, might save a few bob on cabs

Col.

OK Soulsmith, or I will see you at Bisley in two weeks.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies.

Source Advert