Little Al & The Maxidynes

Jaco

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"Lonely, lonely days of my life" on Shell.

Anybody know anything about this?

Is it/was it played out?

I got this is my early-doors play box. I'll spin it at "Silk" Wellingborough on this coming Saturday.

Social source share

"Lonely, lonely days of my life" on Shell.

Anybody know anything about this?

Is it/was it played out?

First heard this great record via Tim Brown playing it on a Richard Searling show, anyway a great record from Charlotte North Carolina, check out Jason Perlmutters excellent site www.carolinasoul.org for more info on carolina soul labels they did two other records on the label by the way not sure what they are like not as good i have been told as lonely lonely days of my life.

Saw one for sale last year at a very out of my league price ( more than 20 quid )

cheers

Andy

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Rod Shard gave me a copy years ago in Afflecks Palace Manchester because it would,nt

play even tho it looked ok , Steve Jones my mate put it on a old record player and

started playin it at 78rpm within a couple of secs a thin film of crap was building up on the stylus

gave the 45 a quick wash down with surgical spirit and hey presto it played perfect

spun it out for around 6 months then sold it for £150 to Soul Sam and gave Rod £75 at his stall

which im sure he did,nt expect..not bad for a 45 he gave me to stick on the loft wall :thumbsup:

Social source share

Rod Shard gave me a copy years ago in Afflecks Palace Manchester because it would,nt

play even tho it looked ok , Steve Jones my mate put it on a old record player and

started playin it at 78rpm within a couple of secs a thin film of crap was building up on the stylus

gave the 45 a quick wash down with surgical spirit and hey presto it played perfect

spun it out for around 6 months then sold it for £150 to Soul Sam and gave Rod £75 at his stall

which im sure he did,nt expect..not bad for a 45 he gave me to stick on the loft wall :thumbsup:

Aye up Ian, how's it going.

Them were the days. Got mine off Rod and Alge way back. I missed the copy that Tim Brown got and then had to wait a bit for the next one to show.

I know Alge got one before I got my copy.

I think Rod and Alge managed to track him down but I may be getting that confussed with some of the other people they tracked down.

Great tune!

Take it easy

Phil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert