Rare And Unique 45. Sold

Nick Hackett

HITSVILLE USA

GREETINGS TO TAMLA MOTOWN APPRECIATION SOCIETY.

Rare and unique piece of history,given to only UK members of the above society (fan club).

Side 1 is 3m55secs contains short interviews and music from the following M.Phelps,B.Gordy,S.Robinson & Miracles,S.Wonder,M.Gaye,Marvelettes,Temptations.

Side 2 is 3m25secs contains short interviews and music from the following Martha & Vandellas,E.Holland,K.Weston and The Supremes.

Vinyl is Mint and comes in original mint company sleeve.

£100 NOW SOLD

cash/cheque sorry no paypal

cheers nick.

post-4445-1196102265_thumb.jpg

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

HITSVILLE USA

Rare and unique piece of history,given to only UK members of the above society (fan club).

Side 1 is 3m55secs contains short interviews and music from the following M.Phelps,B.Gordy,S.Robinson & Miracles,S.Wonder,M.Gaye,Marvelettes,Temptations.

Side 2 is 3m25secs contains short interviews and music from the following Martha & Vandellas,E.Holland,K.Weston and The Supremes.

cheers nick.

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Hi Nick i too have this record plus the booklet to go with it direct from the late Dave Godin,if you remember he put it up for the auction at the memorial bash in the Rising Sun pub southgate for the late Randy Cozens,its a very nice item to own,a must for Motown collectors.

come on someone buy this rare item.

Toby.

Social source share

HITSVILLE USA

Offers by pm please.

cheers nick.

i take it these are what universal used on a cellarful of motown recently

kev

Edited by kevinsoulman
Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

i take it these are what universal used on a cellarful of motown recently

kev

Hi All,Theres a lad that lives near me that inherited part of Dave Godins collection

there was six copies of this 45 all unplayed, i bought one3 off him for£100.00. I then sold it on for

£150.00 I think it was eventually put on a list and went for £200.00. Cheers. Sid :P

Social source share

Hi All,Theres a lad that lives near me that inherited part of Dave Godins collection

there was six copies of this 45 all unplayed, i bought one3 off him for£100.00. I then sold it on for

£150.00 I think it was eventually put on a list and went for £200.00. Cheers. Sid :P

Hi Sid,

Very interesting this!

I don't know of anyone that 'inherited part of Dave Godins collection'.

Because nobody did... officially.

Dave gave me a copy of this 45 many, many years ago and it's true, he had more than a few copies in the house, but unless this lad was given these items before Dave passed away I'd be very interested to know how he got them... as an 'inheritance'.

Not saying for a second that you're not telling the truth as you understand it but I'd really like to know how this lad got his hands on these six copies.

:)

Sean

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Hi Sid,

Very interesting this!

I don't know of anyone that 'inherited part of Dave Godins collection'.

Because nobody did... officially.

Dave gave me a copy of this 45 many, many years ago and it's true, he had more than a few copies in the house, but unless this lad was given these items before Dave passed away I'd be very interested to know how he got them... as an 'inheritance'.

Not saying for a second that you're not telling the truth as you understand it but I'd really like to know how this lad got his hands on these six copies.

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Allright Sean,Maybe he was given the records before Dave passed away.Dave obviously new he was dying

and made arrangments where his records were going.The lad im talking about is called Stan Tony Stanhope who is from Preston.He borrowed my van one saturday to collect Daves lp collection, and organised the sale of most of Daves vinyl as far as im aware.I know they were very close friends and Dave obviously gave him certain pieces from the collection that he wanted him to have.im

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Allright Sean,Maybe he was given the records before Dave passed away.Dave obviously new he was dying

and made arrangments where his records were going.The lad im talking about is called Stan Tony Stanhope who is from Preston.He borrowed my van one saturday to collect Daves lp collection, and organised the sale of most of Daves vinyl as far as im aware.I know they were very close friends and Dave obviously gave him certain pieces from the collection that he wanted him to have.im

:lol:

Social source share

Fascinating.

I was aware that a guy from Preston had taken some LP's to sell.

So about these 6 x 45's?

Social source share

Really ? what kind of van was it ?

Sorry Nick I couldn't resist wicked.gif (least I've bumped it for you :D

C'mon somebody buy this bloody record ! :rolleyes:

Social source share

• 8 months later...

HITSVILLE USA

£100

cheers nick.

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

HITSVILLE USA

£100 NOW SOLD

cheers nick.

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert