Mirwood White Demo Albums

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

I collect Mirwood and also the Jay-boy uk releases etc.

I have near enough all the uk jay boy stuff with most on demos from years ago plus a good few import Mirwood White Demos.....

anyway

I had not or never recall ever seeing a white Mirwood Album demo now for well over 25yrs or more but have a Olympics album on a demo now.

Can anyone please tell me just how many were released if possible......

cheers

mirwood-mel :unsure:

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Mel, here is the Mirwood LP discography link

https://www.bsnpubs.com/veejay/mirwood.html

Apart from having the Jackie Lee and Olympics I also have the James Bond Song Book LP, very groovy and I play it when I DJ at lounge/soul/psych/mod gigs ... and I used to have the Rubber Soul Jazz LP too which I seem to recall has some crackin' instrumentals which would be perfect for northern soul dancefloors ...

:unsure:

[My Motto: I'm always "arsed" to lug LP boxes around the country from venue to venue because it makes me a superior DJ to those who couldn't be arsed ... :thumbup: ]

Social source share

I collect Mirwood and also the Jay-boy uk releases etc.

I have near enough all the uk jay boy stuff with most on demos from years ago plus a good few import Mirwood White Demos.....

anyway

I had not or never recall ever seeing a white Mirwood Album demo now for well over 25yrs or more but have a Olympics album on a demo now.

Can anyone please tell me just how many were released if possible......

cheers

mirwood-mel :thumbup:

pm me with you jayboy missing numbers

may be able to help

Social source share

Mel, here is the Mirwood LP discography link

https://www.bsnpubs.com/veejay/mirwood.html

Apart from having the Jackie Lee and Olympics I also have the James Bond Song Book LP, very groovy and I play it when I DJ at lounge/soul/psych/mod gigs ... and I used to have the Rubber Soul Jazz LP too which I seem to recall has some crackin' instrumentals which would be perfect for northern soul dancefloors ...

:rolleyes:

[My Motto: I'm always "arsed" to lug LP boxes around the country from venue to venue because it makes me a superior DJ to those who couldn't be arsed ... :D ]

Great link, I was suprised to see Shirley Matthews "My Sugar Baby" on one of the albums. I always assumed that it was Simon Soussan special, with some unknown, vocalising over the "My Little Girl" backing track.

You learn something every day. Apparently.

Paul

Social source share

How about a compilatiion album - Orig 60s mirwood tunes album on Vj records (Yellow VJ label) Unfortunately no cover for it. The record looked like an original 60s issued album.

gave it to Barrie Waddington who will be able to enlighten you about the the track listing but I remeber it had ciggarette ashes, Dont pretend etc on it and one I had never heard of!

How about that for a mirwood collectable! :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert