Las Vegas Connection

• Replies 28
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

...when two people decided they HAD to have it, I guess. There's a $450+ dollar difference between what everyone else thought they ought to pay and what the two highest had on it. Classic 'buffer getting called out' moment, right there. Ouch! Can't understand the fuss tbh, the other one's better - and considerably cheaper.

Social source share

it did go for almost as much on manships auction a few weeks back adam, but yeah still a surprise to see it go for even more on ebay unsure.gif

Had totally forgotten about the one on JMs auction! Still thought it was a £100-150 45 max. J-Brew is right their other release is better, don't see that for sale very often either so how much would you have to pay for that one?

Adam.

Social source share

Guest wrighty

Had totally forgotten about the one on JMs auction! Still thought it was a £100-150 45 max. J-Brew is right their other release is better, don't see that for sale very often either so how much would you have to pay for that one?

Adam.

was a fairly 'cheap' 45 (about $40-50) but this one went thru on ebay recently, maybe jason's buffer theory again?!

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=230198176522

ph34r.gif

Social source share

was a fairly 'cheap' 45 (about $40-50) but this one went thru on ebay recently, maybe jason's buffer theory again?!

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=230198176522

ph34r.gif

It has probably got more to do with the fact that the small quantity of this title which one major US dealer used to have has dried up, and this was the first copy with a soundclip which came up for grabs on eBay since then. Plus that no internet dealer seems to have it in stock.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Guest wrighty

It has probably got more to do with the fact that the small quantity of this title which one major US dealer used to have has dried up, and this was the first copy with a soundclip which came up for grabs on eBay since then. Plus that no internet dealer seems to have it in stock.

yeah totally, the soundclip seems to have done the trick alright seb, the ebay auction a couple of months before without one only fetched $40 odd shades.gif

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

...when two people decided they HAD to have it, I guess. There's a $450+ dollar difference between what everyone else thought they ought to pay and what the two highest had on it. Classic 'buffer getting called out' moment, right there. Ouch! Can't understand the fuss tbh, the other one's better - and considerably cheaper.

I agree, the other one is better. Much better IMO wink.gif

"Give Me Your Love" is pretty popular in Scandinavia isn't it? Seb?

Got it in the play box for NYE, might end up getting a spin...

Social source share

I agree, the other one is better. Much better IMO :(

I play both sides at Function, mostly 'Dancing with love bones'. The other resident Jonte usually plays 'Give me your love'. Both sides always do the trick. Hey James, I might get to play it before you on NYE. :thumbup:

$885 for the other... :thumbsup: The break is horrible; "coming out to getcha cause I need your love..." No thanks, brrr.

Edited by Helena
Social source share

I agree, the other one is better. Much better IMO :(

All four sides on their two 45s are great in my opinion. :thumbsup:

"Running Back To You", "Give Me Your Love" and "Dancing With My Love Bones" have all had their fair share of plays from myself, Helena and Jonte here in Sweden and I know that at least one of the Oslo guys are playing "Running Back To You" every now and then as well.

(just realised that Helena posted at roughly the same time as I did... yes, that break is a bit too party-hardy... but I still think it's great)

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Whilst we're talking about this could anyone upload full MP3s onto refosoul of 'Running Back' and 'Can't Nobody'. Seeing as the price has seemingly jumped out of my price range then I'll settle for good old digital format!

Cheers,

Adam.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I play both sides at Function, mostly 'Dancing with love bones'. The other resident Jonte usually plays 'Give me your love'. Both sides always does the trick. Hey James, I might get to play it before you on NYE. :(

$885 for the other... :thumbsup: The break is horrible; "coming out to getcha cause I need your love..." No thanks, brrr.

I'll leave it at home then, hun :thumbup:

Social source share

$885 for the other... :( The break is horrible; "coming out to getcha cause I need your love..." No thanks, brrr.

Yeah, that's the bit where the extra $800 becomes a bit much - decent enough track otherwise, it's just one of those kind of "oh no, not a rock guitar solo" moments (or thereabouts) when that 'break' comes in....quite easy to edit it out, though, in this case - got one somewhere :thumbsup:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Cheers for the clips :thumbsup:

Now, as I prefer the records that I buy to be much, much cheaper anybody care to recommend similar style stuff...but in the £5-£20 price range!

Adam.

Social source share

theres just too many Adam :thumbsup:

Fair point Simon :)

Always sort of passed over anything described as funk/funky etc but now I find I can't get enough of the uptempo funk tinged 70s/modern stuff. Not too funky though, don't want my ear drums to burst!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!