• Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

maybe worth £3.20 to you mate

I wouldnt give you tuppence haepenny.

but im a Jock..shot arms long pockets and all that JAZZ

who the feck will buy it Pete..If you want I,ll give you £1.60 and when it sells for a squillion we can split it 50/50

what do you say??

the gasher

Social source share

Way off from what we usually cover on here but this guy was a major blues artist from the 30's, why this record exists I have no idea but it's got to be worth £3.20!  His Vocalion 78's are worth a lot of money in the States.

Just thought it was an interesting curiosity.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

link

Hi Pete,

UK RCA Victor did a series of 6 track EPs of 20s & 30s Blues artists in the mid-60s, presumably to tie in with the British Blues Boom of the time. I've got vol 4 Julius Daniels and vol 6 Doctor Clayton, but unfortunately these don't give details of other titles in the series, so I can't check to see if your 6-track was intended for the series or not. The EPs have the catalogue numbers RCX 7175 and RCX 7177 respectively, so if you find another number in the sequence written somewhere on the sleeve or something, this may place it in the series. Also not sure if titles in pre-production for RCA Victor would use EMIdiscs or if the EMI bit is a red herring in this case.

Alternatively, it may have nothing to do with the above, in which case, ignore me.

Still an interesting item, whatever it turns out to be.

All the best,

Nick

Social source share

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

hello pete , last year i bought a mjaor blues collection it was from steve hooker whos dads collection it was all pre war blues and honking jazz , must have been 800 78s alone i found the usa race series 78s are highly prized by the yank collector especially okeh , vocalion victor etc there was about 70 - 80 of those , the rest was uk issue and even some independant pressed 30s-40s blues in coloured bakelite pressed to raise money by the uk blues society to send the guy some money who was in poverty at the time, i have to admit blues collectors and particulary 78 collectors in general are a very boring and pernickity bunch and i gave up after i sold the usa pressings and the private pressings....just for the record i had a leading dealer in pre war blues come round and offer me between 50p and '£2 for the cream of the collection .....its very interesting stuff and should be worth bundles but its not , all the old collectors are dying and whos gonna buy it? same as rock n roll the old boys have all the gold londons etc and when they die theres not many out there to buyit....got to admit at least there is a lot of new blood on the rnb / soul scene.... dvds ahem

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

i have to admit blues collectors and particulary 78 collectors in general are a very boring and pernickity bunch ...

link

Pah!

We wouldn't tolerate that round these parts would we?

whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

Pah!

We wouldn't tolerate that round these parts would we?

:P

link

i take it thats what the yanks say we call irony ....

by the way bb kenny has just left my gaff with a boxfull of 45s , just to give you a warning to turn your lights out and draw the curtains whistling.gif:huh:

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

by the way bb  kenny has just left my gaff  with a boxfull of 45s , just to give you a warning to turn your lights out and draw the curtains :D   shhh.gif

link

Cheers for the heads up. I got away with it.

I never get to play my records any more - too busy with the sound off listening out for the bearings on Kenny's car so I can hide under the stairs!

I keep telling him, I don't like funky disco but it goes in one ear...

:D

Social source share

Cheers for the heads up. I got away with it.

I never get to play my records any more - too busy with the sound off listening out for the bearings on Kenny's car so I can hide under the stairs!

I keep telling him, I don't like funky disco but it goes in one ear...

:thumbsup:

link

Cheers Andy!,in trouble now i have had it fixed,got some nice toons of Fatbirds,at least my cars got a sound system,what time you back from work then Andy (BB)we`ll fix your radio . :thumbsup: Ken

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert