Mp3 Want Jimmy & The Sundials

• Replies 9
  • Views 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I thought there were two test presses and two labeled copies? So....you gonna make me a soundclip then, Marc??? :wicked:

-mike

Hi Mike, as far as I know only one labeled copy which is the one Val has got and two test presses out of which one seems to have

"dissappered". The other one is the one I have got. Both were once found by Steve Smith. Sorry but I can not do soundfiles or real audio mate,

Marc

Social source share

Ok, two known copies, BUT, it seems mp3 is still much rarer.......

Hi, i bought one of the copies of steve smith, it was a bell sound stamped white label test press

with hand written credits, when i sold my last collection(big mistake) tim Brown+ Martin Koppel bought it of me, some time later when i started collecting again i tried to get it back but Tim Brown couldnt even remember the record so perhaps Martin Koppel kept it, if i remember rightly B side was a nice doo wop track, i still have a decent recording on tape but i need to get it transfered to cd

Best

Floyd

Social source share

Cool Floyd, at least we do now know that the other test pressing did not dissappear but seems to still reside in Canada or Todmorden :wicked: yes, bell sound stamped and handwritten details on the label. There`s a scan of my copy on JM`s Rarest of The Rare with a small soundclip, if that helps you ?

Social source share

I've heard thesoundclip on JM's. Just annoying as it cuts out when it really seems to get going!

Floyd, please keep me updated on the progress of the cd.... :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

-Mike

Social source share

I've heard thesoundclip on JM's. Just annoying as it cuts out when it really seems to get going!

Floyd, please keep me updated on the progress of the cd.... :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

-Mike

Think that might be Carl Fortnum's copy from the capitol soul club days. I remember he had it up for sale for around £500 and was trading alot with John manship as per usual. Great record and on the early Capitol freebie tapes if my memory is right.

Greg

Social source share

Think that might be Carl Fortnum's copy from the capitol soul club days. I remember he had it up for sale for around £500 and was trading alot with John manship as per usual. Great record and on the early Capitol freebie tapes if my memory is right.

Greg

Bet he could have sold twenty copies of it at that price ! Strange how this copy then ended here in Berlin. Its not on the Dome tapes I have though.

Marc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert