Bournemouth Opera House S.o.s

Guest FREEBIRD

Guest FREEBIRD

WHAT CAN I SAY:: The first of four dates at the opera house is now done and dusted. I can honestly say we all had a great time. The night ended far too quick for many.

I would like to thank the Djs, Dave, Chilli, Garlic, Annie, Garry, Moldie, And Chriss, A superb job was done by all !!

The punters ,You were all great, and the possitive feed back said you enjoyed yourselves.

The warm up at mr greens was also a success, and the landlord welcomes us all back again, and why wouldnt he ( £££s ).

Not forgetting the warm up Djs Jack and Jill AKA Kev and Paul who kept you all out of the rain.

No doubt Iv forgotten some one, but I will edit this as they come to mind.

FROM ME, "SHAUN" THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE EVENING A SUCCESS.

HERE`S THE PROMO BIT< THE NEXT ONE IS MAY 31ST CHECK THE OPERA HOUSE WEB. WWW.OPERAHOUSE.CO.UK AND THE EVENTS PAGE>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pleased this was all ok, can we get some playlists up guys & anyone have any phots/vid.

Look forward to seeing you all next Friday for Soul Sam @ The Orchid Hotel.

ATB Russ

WHAT CAN I SAY:: The first of four dates at the opera house is now done and dusted. I can honestly say we all had a great time. The night ended far too quick for many.

I would like to thank the Djs, Dave, Chilli, Garlic, Annie, Garry, Moldie, And Chriss, A superb job was done by all !!

The punters ,You were all great, and the possitive feed back said you enjoyed yourselves.

The warm up at mr greens was also a success, and the landlord welcomes us all back again, and why wouldnt he ( £££s ).

Not forgetting the warm up Djs Jack and Jill AKA Kev and Paul who kept you all out of the rain.

No doubt Iv forgotten some one, but I will edit this as they come to mind.

FROM ME, "SHAUN" THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE EVENING A SUCCESS.

HERE`S THE PROMO BIT< THE NEXT ONE IS MAY 31ST CHECK THE OPERA HOUSE WEB. WWW.OPERAHOUSE.CO.UK AND THE EVENTS PAGE>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Bournemouth Opera House was an excellent large venue, very elegant and stylish with a balcony, good size dance floor and drinks waitresses. The DJ's kept the floor busy and the atmosphere of the place was relaxed and friendly. The people who had travelled a long way and were staying in local hotels were very impressed with the venue and thoroughly enjoyed the event. Well done Shaun

Edited by CHARMAIN

Well done shaun. What a great venue for a top soul night. We got to Boornemouth about 7 and went straight to the Greens Bar to meet a few mates for a drink and listen to some nice warm up tunes before the Opera house start at 9. About 9 oclock myself and Kerry went into the venue and were blown away by this great venue and lovely dance floor. Then my mind started to tick over to what was i going to play in my double deck set at 12 oclock with my long time mate Moldie. The floor was pritty busy for the best part of the night. Dont want to make this a story so i will leave it to other people who went to say what they thought about the venue. But top marks for you Shaun. Keep up the good work :lol: Will add playlist soon

Guest souliegirlie

The Bournemouth Opera House was an excellent large venue, very elegant and stylish with a balcony, good size dance floor and drinks waitresses. The DJ's kept the floor busy and the atmosphere of the place was relaxed and friendly. The people who had travelled a long way and were staying in local hotels were very impressed with the venue and thoroughly enjoyed the event. Well done Shaun

Hear Hear, Charmain. There was a good number of people there with plenty of dancing, although we lightweights only made it til 2.30 a.m.... Yes, excellent venue, very grand, clean, great bogs(!) plenty of staff so no queuing for drinks. The sprung dance floor was perfect, and didn't need the vast amounts of talc that people put down before they had even tried it out... Only slight quibble was the temperature, but i guess that made you keep dancing! It was pretty much all my kind of music. Shame there were not many "fancy" dancers there strutting their stuff for us to watch, i guess they were elsewhere in the Midlands... Would definitely go again and offer our wholehearted support.

post-9970-1206897362_thumb.jpg Heres a very poor pic of dancers at SOS.

Edited by souliegirlie

My Playlist from 12.00-1.10 double decking with Moldie. Please remember each one of my records he played one in between.

Soul twins..quick change artist..karen

the charades..the key to my happiness..MGM

holy st james..thats not love..ABC

spyder turner..i cant make it anymore..MGM

sam dees..lonely for you baby..SSS

john bowie..your gonna miss a good thing..Merben

jerry williams..if you ask me..calla

barbara lynn..im a good woman..tribe

billy storm...educated fool infinity

the vibrations.. cause your mine..epic

tony middleton...to the end of the earth...MGM

collins and collins..top of the stairs..A&M

willie mitchell..that driving beat..Hi

roger hatcher...sweetest girl in the world..excello

delegates of soul..i`ll come running back..Uplook

the metros..since i found my baby..RCA

Played the last 20min off this set alone

carol and gerri..on you heartache looks good...MGM

joanie summers..dont pity me..W/B

Christine cooper..heartaches away my boy... parkway

johnny howard..the chase is on..Bashie

tommy neal..going to a happening..pameline

the younghearts..a little togetherness..canterbury

pat & the blenders..just because..fast eddie

2nd set double decked with moldie so the same again he played a record in between each one i played

the sheppards..stubborn heart...mirwood

mel torme..comin home baby..london atlantic

benny troy..i wanna give you tomorrow..Delite

carol anderson..sad girl.. fee detroit

the four voices..your love is getting stronger..Voice

thanks to everyone that attended a first of many great nights at the opera house. :g:

A great nite , a great place with a brilliant dance floor, your right about to much talc used ,the floor was that good it just didn't need the amount that was put down. Some terrific 60s & 70s played and according to the door staff over 300 in , cant be bad considering how many local dos have been on in the area lately . Keep up the good work

Guest bluebill

Well done to all involved a topnight in a top venue, can't think of anything that wasn't spot on.

All dj's played blinding sets and knew how to fill the floor, thought Toddy and Annie were the pick of the night with all others a very close second.

Looking forward to May for the next one !!

Guest outonthefloor

Yeah we had a great nite

Travelled down from southend to support our mates and were not disappointed

All u Soulies owe a debt of gratitude to the scootering fraternity coz in the main they were the ones supportig this first nite so that

it can continue to grow and devlope into the fantastic soul nite this venue deserves.

One comment on the talc

the floor was a bit sticky where i was n so i did put a small amount down

To be fair a large amount was put down by one girl but in her defence she was a bit worse for drink and i think it was a mitake

would love to see this place filled to the rafters n top named djs on the bill but they would be hard pushed to do a better job than Chris n moldie who worked like trojans to keep the floor full and the punters happy.....although i did only dance to every other tune whistling.gif

Get behind this nite it deserves to be a success...thanks to everyone especially all me great mates ...you know who you are xxxx

Helen

XXXXX

Guest SteveC

Shaun, sincerely happy that your inaugaral event at the Opera House went with a bang and was as successful as you'd hoped. The one pic on the thread proves how outstanding the venue is. Looking forward to attending one in the near future.

Sorry we couldn't make this one Shaun but we were already committed to going to Bridgwater. Have just checked out the photo of your venue and we are definately going to get down to you as soon as possible and work some magic on that dancefloor!!!! Bit of a nightmare journey to get to you from up here in the valleys but will try and rally the "dragons" and maybe get a minibus load together.

Keep in touch

Debs xx

Big thankyou to the promoter for sticking his neck out and giving us a soul event in such a brilliant venue. Despite all the negative comments beforehand everyone who attended had a brilliant time. Full marks to all the djs for keeping the dance floor going the whole time. It must have also been very hard for them with all the negativity beforehand. Without all the soul snobbery beforehand I am sure there would have been another 200 people which should have happened for all the hard work that must have gone into promoting and getting this event off the ground. Just to persuade the owners to allow a do on a Saturday night is a major achievement in itself. I understand that it also cost quite a lot of money which must have given the promoter extra stress in the weeks leading up to it. This was no dodgy half hearted do in a grotty room somewhere and I only hope that the dampers weren't put on any future events by the lack of numbers and negative comments. This was a chance for the South to have an event with the spirit of the old Northern dos and I only hope that the negative comments made by a few haven't put a stop to it before its even started. Most of us on the soul scene are more than happy to have a brilliant venue, great crowd and amazing dance floor. Thats what we got on Saturday. Hope it continues and growsl

Guest outonthefloor

Big thankyou to the promoter for sticking his neck out and giving us a soul event in such a brilliant venue. Despite all the negative comments beforehand everyone who attended had a brilliant time. Full marks to all the djs for keeping the dance floor going the whole time. It must have also been very hard for them with all the negativity beforehand. Without all the soul snobbery beforehand I am sure there would have been another 200 people which should have happened for all the hard work that must have gone into promoting and getting this event off the ground. Just to persuade the owners to allow a do on a Saturday night is a major achievement in itself. I understand that it also cost quite a lot of money which must have given the promoter extra stress in the weeks leading up to it. This was no dodgy half hearted do in a grotty room somewhere and I only hope that the dampers weren't put on any future events by the lack of numbers and negative comments. This was a chance for the South to have an event with the spirit of the old Northern dos and I only hope that the negative comments made by a few haven't put a stop to it before its even started. Most of us on the soul scene are more than happy to have a brilliant venue, great crowd and amazing dance floor. Thats what we got on Saturday. Hope it continues and growsl

Spot on :thumbsup:

Come and say Hi at the next one

XXXX

Guest FREEBIRD

Conclusion: I think the night went well and the possitive remarks prove that we were`nt far off the mark. Thanks to everybody for thier kind words. I will see you all at the next night at the OPERA HOUSE, On the 31st of may.2008..........Cheers , Shaun. S.O.S.

Conclusion: I think the night went well and the possitive remarks prove that we were`nt far off the mark. Thanks to everybody for thier kind words. I will see you all at the next night at the OPERA HOUSE, On the 31st of may.2008..........Cheers , Shaun. S.O.S.

G'Day Shaun, Plenty of positive feedback for your night, sounds like an awesome venue, congratulations to you and yours. Can't wait to see you all in September. I'm busy fattening up Skippy, he's getting worried your gonna auction him off for charity.

Do the sheep down your way fancy kangaroos?? Looking forward to spinning some crucial sounds for your dancers. Stay soulful and keep on keeping on. See yas soon.

Tony " T BONE " South West Soul, Western Australia.

Guest bazabod_downunder

G'Day Shaun, Plenty of positive feedback for your night, sounds like an awesome venue, congratulations to you and yours. Can't wait to see you all in September. I'm busy fattening up Skippy, he's getting worried your gonna auction him off for charity.

Do the sheep down your way fancy kangaroos?? Looking forward to spinning some crucial sounds for your dancers. Stay soulful and keep on keeping on. See yas soon.

Tony " T BONE " South West Soul, Western Australia.

Hey Tony, see you & Sue off to my neck of the woods in blighty, certainly more going on there now than when I left, have fun & hope to see you in Perth in November.

KTF

Baz

Source Advert