• Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=017

I promise that I'll never list strange ebay auctions anymore :thumbsup:

Not a joke but rather a case of the second highest bidder being a f-ing hijacked account. Currently trying to reach the winning bidder (who I believe is a board member) to try to figure out how to proceed. I don't understand your comment about "strange ebay auctions" but in case anyone was wondering this situation is being handled properly by myself.

Social source share

Not a joke but rather a case of the second highest bidder being a f-ing hijacked account. Currently trying to reach the winning bidder (who I believe is a board member) to try to figure out how to proceed. I don't understand your comment about "strange ebay auctions" but in case anyone was wondering this situation is being handled properly by myself.

Sorry, I'm not english so I could have been misunderstood due to my bad written english. With "strange" I just mean that the price is very high for what I knew, I didn't suspect anything bad.. :thumbsup:

I don't even know what a hjiaked account is :lol::lol:

Edited by Tommaso
Social source share

Sorry, I'm not english so I could have been misunderstood due to my bad written english. With "strange" I just mean that the price is very high for what I knew, I didn't suspect anything bad.. :thumbsup:

====

yes tommaso - a huge price for this ....someone desperate to get this one..blimey!..gr8tune tho

Social source share

Hijacked account means some idiot got access to someone else's account and went on a buying spree for high end items. I honestly don't know what the point of them doing this is (pretty easy for sellers to spot) but this is the second auction cycle in a row where my best record was disrupted by this nonsense. Anyway, it will be sorted out and if anyone from here had planned to bid at the last moment, please be in touch because I'm trying to figure out what to do.

Social source share

The high bidder still beat them on a snipe - so they must have been willing to pay the amount it went for in the end?

Tahnk feck I bought mine a couple of years ago for seventy quid.

Well, that's true but I can't really expect them to pay that much and wasn't about to play dumb about the second highest being fake.

Social source share

Well, that's true but I can't really expect them to pay that much and wasn't about to play dumb about the second highest being fake.

Why not? If they sniped that amount they must have been prepared to pay for it - surely??? My view is the moment you do a snipe it's effectively out of your hands, you are saying "I'll bid up to this" - not "I'll put in a ridiculous amount I don't expect to pay just to knock everyone else off".

I know you want to be fair but I don't think the winning bidder has a leg to stand on really.

Social source share

Why not? If they sniped that amount they must have been prepared to pay for it - surely??? My view is the moment you do a snipe it's effectively out of your hands, you are saying "I'll bid up to this" - not "I'll put in a ridiculous amount I don't expect to pay just to knock everyone else off".

I know you want to be fair but I don't think the winning bidder has a leg to stand on really.

The winning bidder should pay just above what the third placed guy bid, thats what he would have won it for. In the reggae section on ebay, dozens and dozens of auctions have been ruined by fake bidders bumping prices up (from Mexico mainly)...the honest sellers, like Kidinquisitive, will ignore the second place bids and do the right thing.

Social source share

Guest moggy

The winning bidder should pay just above what the third placed guy bid, thats what he would have won it for. In the reggae section on ebay, dozens and dozens of auctions have been ruined by fake bidders bumping prices up (from Mexico mainly)...the honest sellers, like Kidinquisitive, will ignore the second place bids and do the right thing.

Pete

any reason why they are targeting reggae :thumbsup:

Social source share

Pete

any reason why they are targeting reggae :thumbsup:

There was a topic about it, think I might have removed it eventually, they were running a racist website but still nobody seems to know why they are doing it. People off SS got the website closed down, this was only about 5 weeks back.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Saddens me that people cannot just forget about e-bay for the 7 days or so certain records are on for so the 2 or 3 a year i'm interested i can win for a low price. Dream on lardy!!! This was always gonna shoot up to a pricely sum but not as pricely as that. I blame Mr Heard!!!!!! He's created a monster!! Isn't it nice to know that about a year ago this was valued at approx £40 until JM auctioned one off after it had some airing at quality venues such as Burnley.

Its dance floor draw is equal to Mello Soul as was evident at the last Burnley when they swarmed to the floor when Karl spun it. One of the finest sounds I've ever heard IMHO.

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Saddens me that people cannot just forget about e-bay for the 7 days or so certain records are on for so the 2 or 3 a year i'm interested i can win for a low price. Dream on lardy!!! This was always gonna shoot up to a pricely sum but not as pricely as that. I blame Mr Heard!!!!!! He's created a monster!! Isn't it nice to know that about a year ago this was valued at approx £40 until JM auctioned one off after it had some airing at quality venues such as Burnley.

Its dance floor draw is equal to Mello Soul as was evident at the last Burnley when they swarmed to the floor when Karl spun it. One of the finest sounds I've ever heard IMHO.

What a top choon! It was only £40? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Are you pulling my leg, Mello Soul's blah blah, stampede blah blah, killed in the rush blah blah, its ok but to the Mello's its pants, short pants at that.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Guest SteveC

Are you pullng my leg, Mello Soul's blah blah, stampeed blah blah, killed in the rush blah blah, its ok but to the Mello's its pants, short pants at that.

Tony you failed to read my comment correctly. It ended with IMHO. The fact is that it create the same dancefloor reaction as MS - remember mate - beauty is in the ear of the beholder. MS will always be in my top 3 but at the moment so is Lenny Williams and judging by the reaction last Friday it appears it is for a lot of people.

Anyway have you made your mind up Kell Osborne - be quick coz its going soon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Pete, with 3rd place bidder do you mean 3rd place individual bidder or 3rd place full stop (i.e in this case 3rd place would mean the actual auction winner).

Social source share

Pete, with 3rd place bidder do you mean 3rd place individual bidder or 3rd place full stop (i.e in this case 3rd place would mean the actual auction winner).

Sorry you lost me there. How can third place be the auction winner?

I mean

bidder 1 legit

bidder 2 fake

bidder 3 legit

so he pays whatever increment it would have taken to beat bidder 3

Social source share

OK guys, I just spoke with the winning bidder and he suggested I relist the record, which I agree with. Basically the last 30 seconds or so of the auction zoomed past the third highest bidder (who bid $950). All three of these guys were placing manual bids by the way, no snipes involved. Which means that if someone had a hypothetical snipe set for $1,500 with four seconds to go, that bid would have failed to even register. I will probably have this relisted later today, pre-approved bidders only this time.

Social source share

It's amazing the number of records that Karl picked up on after he'd Heard me play them at Steam..... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Sorry you lost me there. How can third place be the auction winner?

I mean

bidder 1 legit

bidder 2 fake

bidder 3 legit

so he pays whatever increment it would have taken to beat bidder 3

Bidder 1 and bidder 2 were the same bidder Pete - clear now - cheers.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

It's amazing the number of records that Karl picked up on after he'd Heard me play them at Steam..... :thumbsup:

The little tinker :boxing: the sound had been probably played out before many years ago (was it a stafford spin?) much the same as many others that sound fresh at the moment. What is the history behind the sound anyway?

All I know is that Karl plays a set that appeals to my taste - if you do too then lifes looking good!!!

Social source share

Bidder 1 and bidder 2 were the same bidder Pete - clear now - cheers.

Ummm, no, they weren't. I can't even begin to imagine how you got that. The second highest bidder was just some hijacked account that bid on dozens of different high priced items yesterday, the Lenny Williams being the only record on his shopping list the last time I checked. It's getting to be a common occurence these days on any item over a certain amount. I don't know what they hope to get out of it but it's been happening to me and a lot of other sellers the last couple months. The winning bidder is a genuine soulie who got in over his head and refused to lose a bidding war.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Ummm, no, they weren't. I can't even begin to imagine how you got that. The second highest bidder was just some hijacked account that bid on dozens of different high priced items yesterday, the Lenny Williams being the only record on his shopping list the last time I checked. It's getting to be a common occurence these days on any item over a certain amount. I don't know what they hope to get out of it but it's been happening to me and a lot of other sellers the last couple months. The winning bidder is a genuine soulie who got in over his head and refused to lose a bidding war.

I'm f***** losing it - i meant 1 & 3 - sorry

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Well, the highest bid and the third highest bid were submitted by the same bidder, that's true. The fourth highest bid, at $950, was submitted by who I've been referring to as the third bidder. Confusing I admit.

No not at all. Its as I thought - just have to treble the time it takes to explain to me m8 :lol:

Social source share

It's amazing the number of records that Karl picked up on after he'd Heard me play them at Steam..... laugh.gif

And Mr Searling gave this airplay prior to 'Steam', IMHO you all have fantastic taste............kinda know what Steve means too, great record, now somebody should send me one as a gift, as Im absolutely potless & need a hit :lol: .

Russ

Social source share

And Mr Searling gave this airplay prior to 'Steam', IMHO you all have fantastic taste............kinda know what Steve means too, great record, now somebody should send me one as a gift, as Im absolutely potless & need a hit :lol: .

Russ

Ahhh hard luck Russ, I will stick a 25 count box shhh.gif in the post to cheer you up mate, don't play them all at once. :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert