Donnie Elbert, Along Came Pride

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest yorksoultrain

Had an e-mail off a mate asking me if i could give him a valuation on this, as i have no idea on prices on the british market these days, perhaps one of you knowledgable people can help me out cheers in advance thumbsup.gif

heres one for the books h me telling you

issue £25

demo £45

dave

Social source share

heres one for the books h me telling you

issue £25

demo £45

dave

Cheers dave, i bow to your greater knowledge, just spoke to pete fitsimmons remember him dave rock n roll collector, don`t know how he got my phone number must have rung me mam, he`s found me a cracker gonna post up for a valuation soon as he sends me a scan

will ring you soon best mate HARRY biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Cheers dave, i bow to your greater knowledge, just spoke to pete fitsimmons remember him dave rock n roll collector, don`t know how he got my phone number must have rung me mam, he`s found me a cracker gonna post up for a valuation soon as he sends me a scan

will ring you soon best mate HARRY biggrin.gif

Harry, there has already been a very busy thread about the value of ACP - and the various issues and reissues of it - on here, plus a lot of interesting sidebar stuff. It was still active about a week ago, have a scroll back and I'm sure you'll find out all you need to know...

Social source share

Harry, there has already been a very busy thread about the value of ACP - and the various issues and reissues of it - on here, plus a lot of interesting sidebar stuff. It was still active about a week ago, have a scroll back and I'm sure you'll find out all you need to know...

Cheers tony, i`ll have a look at that mate :D

Social source share

• 5 years later...
Guest HensTeeth

I have just purchased one of these, not realising that they were issued on different labels in the UK. When my copy arrived I discovered that it's on the RCA Victor issue from 1972. Is this legit to play out (being a 'reissue' and all that) or am I liable to get black marked by the soul police, who often patrol the venues up here fairly vigorously, muttering amongst themselves in hushed tones?

Social source share

Had an e-mail off a mate asking me if i could give him a valuation on this, as i have no idea on prices on the british market these days, perhaps one of you knowledgable people can help me out cheers in advance thumbsup.gif

I have just purchased one of these, not realising that they were issued on different labels in the UK. When my copy arrived I discovered that it's on the RCA Victor issue from 1972. Is this legit to play out (being a 'reissue' and all that) or am I liable to get black marked by the soul police, who often patrol the venues up here fairly vigorously, muttering amongst themselves in hushed tones?

Interesting wasn't aware of the RCA issue until now.

Wondered if it might have been a re-take, but the Youtube RCA clip sounds the same to me.

A CBS issue was auctioned by Manship a couple of months ago, it fetched £109, though he tends to get exceptional offers.

See here:

I think its a great UK production, worth a spin on any label.

I confess to having owned the same copy since 1969 and only pulled it out when I saw the Manship Auction.

Social source share

Perhaps worth noting that the RCA copy was re-issued on the flip of a rather idiosyncratic beat ballad

called "time hangs on my mind", not a version of the Temps "Get Ready", as on the others:

As it happens both were produced by the UK Popster and producer Keith Mansfield.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert