Mamie Lee- I Can Feel Him Slipping Away

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

Has anyone got a stock copy? Reason I ask is because of the 'fault' on the demo's.

When they were cutting the master plate from the tape, it must have stuck/slowed as she sings "Does." You can actually hear it going a bit before, on the first few lines. Just wondered if they corrected it for the stockers?

Social source share

Has anyone got a stock copy? Reason I ask is because of the 'fault' on the demo's.

When they were cutting the master plate from the tape, it must have stuck/slowed as she sings "Does." You can actually hear it going a bit before, on the first few lines. Just wondered if they corrected it for the stockers?

i have a stock copy but fancied the demo - didn't know they had a 'fault' unsure.gif

Social source share

It's just the way she sings...the stock copy is the same way.

Edited by Souleful
Social source share

Id have thort the same plate's would be used for the demo's an issues? :D

never noticed it mesel, will give it a spin... as another note, I really like the Beat ballad flip "The Show Is Over" too! thumbsup.gif

steve

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Id have thort the same plate's would be used for the demo's an issues? :D

never noticed it mesel, will give it a spin... as another note, I really like the Beat ballad flip "The Show Is Over" too! thumbsup.gif

steve

Maybe it was. Just curious.  Its the bit on the second line where she sings "But the little things he does" Sounds like Dooooes, as if it goes momentarily from 45 to 33! Definatly not the way she sings it, sounds like a drunken slur, but I recon its a tape fault, or some such.

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

...as if it goes momentarily from 45 to 33! Definatly not the way she sings it, sounds like a drunken slur, but I recon its a tape fault, or some such.

It's the way she sings it, she does the same thing with her voice in other parts of the song as well.

Way to ruin the trade I had goin' though...

Edited by Souleful
Social source share

It's the way she sings it, she does the same thing with her voice in other parts of the song as well.

Shouldnt ruin ya trading it mate. For me it's one of the best, personally I think her voice on it is outstanding! and for me it's by far the better version, fantastic Don Costa production and the bonus of a great Beat Ballad on the flip, If I didnt already have it, I'd be knocking on ya door for sure! Good luck with off-loadin it, am sure ya won't have a prob! thumbsup.gif

steve

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Nope, its not the way she sing it, and it's not in other parts! Not having that! I know your trying to trade it, but it makes no odds, really. Its a great tune, I have one, love it, and they are all the same, so what difference does it make to your trade? None whatsoever, but it's still a glitch, and nothing will convince me otherwise!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Nope, its not the way she sing it, and it's not in other parts! Not having that! I know your trying to trade it, but it makes no odds, really. Its a great tune, I have one, love it, and they are all the same, so what difference does it make to your trade? None whatsoever, but it's still a glitch, and nothing will convince me otherwise!

This is getting rediculous. Listen to the record, man. While her voice drops down on the 'does' part, the backing track stays at the same speed and tone. She drops her voice down a considerable amount, although not as significant as the formentioned part, at other parts during the song...it's just how the song is sung, but there's no use in talking to a wall.

You totally scared off a guy that was interested in it by claiming that there is a "fault" in the record...you owe me a George Carrow record now :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

This is getting rediculous. Listen to the record, man. While her voice drops down on the 'does' part, the backing track stays at the same speed and tone. She drops her voice down a considerable amount, although not as significant as the formentioned part, at other parts during the song...it's just how the song is sung, but there's no use in talking to a wall.

You totally scared off a guy that was interested in it by claiming that there is a "fault" in the record...you owe me a George Carrow record now :lol:

Have listened to it for the last 20yrs, no one could do that with their voice, IMHO. Sorry about the swap, the guy must have listened to it and agreed with me! :thumbsup: Actually, as I said before, they all sound the same, so fault or no fault, maybe he just changed his mind!

Social source share

Always thought she was a bit more of a Jazz singer than Soul.

She was adimired for her style of singing which was influenced by Dinah Washington etc.

I think its a great record, and she puts a bit more into it than the Tobie Bowie version, even though that is slightly faster.

Social source share

Have listened to it for the last 20yrs, no one could do that with their voice, IMHO. Sorry about the swap, the guy must have listened to it and agreed with me! :thumbup: Actually, as I said before, they all sound the same, so fault or no fault, maybe he just changed his mind!

what are you looking for in trades?

Social source share

Upbeat northern.

I Have lots, I'm new on here can we send private mail? if so send me a list of things you like(that'll give me something to work on. In the mean time consider it sold don't care what anyone else says this is a good record and I want it.

Social source share