This Weeks Original Mastercuts On Starpoint With Ian Dewhirst

Ian Dewhirst

OK it was my birthday this week and for some weird reason I decided to celebrate over 3 days this year. So yep, naturally I'll be completely knackered again for this week's show LOL...

But not to worry, it's a cracker this week 'cos I'm playing loads of my faves! Got some real goodies this week right from the off with an exclusive belting Neil Thompson mix of a Frankie Knuckles gem with a twist! Plus whilst he was at it, Neil has also managed to remix another long-term show fave so we're naturally proud to give it the first play on this week's show! Best pair of birthday presents I've had this year!

So it's gonna be total self-indulgence for me this week! I'm treating myself. But hey, if I like it, then a few others will! Should be fun!

Also Alan Champ is threatening to drop by, so it'll be like old days and will no doubt be the finale to 4 days of partying.

All this is just limbering up for Prestatyn from where we'll be broadcasting LIVE next weekend so keep it Starpoint!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 6th March 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Intense feat Jazmina * Frankie Knuckles feat Satoshie Tomii & Robert Owens * Tongue N' Cheek * Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr * Donnie * Instant Funk * Basic Black * Tafuri * Switch * Mel Britt * Jodi Mathis * Natural Four * Eula Cooper * The Internationals * Ila Vann * Rock Candy * Anne Sexton * Nolan Porter * Stevie Wonder * The Lovelites * Charles Sherrell * Aretha Franklin * The Spinners * Al Green

See you LIVE @ 2.00pm!

Laters,

Ian D X :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 337
  • Views 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great to be joined by Al for this week's show plus Carl and Jen in the studio made for a memorable show on Sunday.

Self-indulgence was the key this week with loads of regular faves 'cos it was my birthday however we did manage to fit in a couple of exclusives and some wonderful mixes and re-edits so check 'em out!

And don't forget that next Sunday afternoon we'll be broadcasting LIVE from Prestatyn with all the Starpoint jocks who'll be there so keep it on Starpoint all weekend!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 6th March 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Intense feat Jazmina Let The Rain Come Down

Frankie Knuckles feat Satoshie Tomii & Robert Owens Tears

Neil Thompson/Ian D 'Thomohawk' Mix

Tongue N' Cheek - Tomorrow

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr Shine On Silver Moon Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix

Donnie Who's Rockin You?

Instant Funk I Got My Mind Made Up Victor Rosado Remix

Basic Black Whatever It Takes

Tafuri What Am I Gonna Do About Your Love

Switch Keeping Secrets Neil Thompson Re-Grooved Mix

2nd Hour

Mel Britt She'll Come Running Back

Jodi Mathis Don't You Care Anymore

Natural Four I Thought You Were Mine

Eula Cooper Let Our Love Grow Higher

The Internationals Beautiful Philosophy

Ila Vann You Made Me This Way

Rock Candy Alone With No Love

Anne Sexton You've Been Gone Too Long

Nolan Porter If I Could Only Be Sure

Stevie Wonder Ordinary Pain

The Lovelites You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling

Charles Sherrell Why Can't I Be Treated Like A Man

Aretha Franklin One Step Featurecast Re-Edit

The Spinners Games People Play (They Just Can't Stop It)

Al Green Everything Is OK Ashley Beedle Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-03-06-Starpoint.mp3

See ya LIVE from Prestatyn on Sunday!

Laters,

Ian D :thumbsup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

OK entirely predictable. 4 days of partying @ Prestatyn last weekend completely wiped me out for the whole of this week. We're talking all round body aches, manflu and I've got the usual bloody chest infection which I get every year about this time! I'm not getting any younger that's for sure........

Big shout outs for everyone who was @ Prestatyn. Despite all the last minute problems it turned out great anyway, as we all knew it would. Great to link up with some of Starpoint's elite squad for the 6 hour LIVE broadcast last Sunday afternoon so big thanks to Mark Randle, Colin Curtis, Paul Goldsmith, Dimitri Soul and Chris Box. Pretty good value ay?

Anyway, as always, it's just great to get back to some serious music and we have the usual 2 hours of Soulful utopia which covers some current and recent Soulful House beauties, a spectacular Dimitri From Paris re-edit, some 70's and 80's beauties including an exclusive new re-edit on a Patrick Adams beauty, some zippy Modern Soul, some bone-breakingly great general Soul gems including a brand new release that will surprise many and a final half-hour of stone-certified classics. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon, so indulge yourself and enjoy the vibe......

Also it's gonna be a full-house 'cos Champy and a few guests will dropping by to see the show in action so we'll be having a 'lil party ourselves by the looks of it!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and guests between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 20th March 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Big Brooklyn Red * Dennis Ferrer feat K.T. Brooks * Deep Swing & DJ Meme feat Linda Jackson * Five Special * Gary Bartz * Al Hudson & The Soul Partners * Gladys Knight & The Pips * The Eight Minutes * First Class * Flame N' King & The Bold Ones * Park Avenue * Vernon Burch * Gerri Grainger * Silk * Tony Lindsay * Dottie Pearson * Melvin Brown & James Mathews * The Sons Of Champlin * Anita Baker * Johnny Guitar Watson * Bobby Byrd & Vicki Anderson * Average White Band * The Isley Brothers

Hope ya can join me LIVE this Sunday afternoon! Should be a gas!

Laters,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Hi Ian, sorry for Hijacking this thread with a question that is clearly nothing to do with it :-)

but can you please reply to the PM I sent you a couple of days ago about the 'CR'.

Thanks mate.

Steve

Done mate but I have a clash on the suggested date. Give me another day to confirm one way or t'other!

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Many thanks to Alan, Ian, Tony and Imogen for dropping by on Sunday for what turned out to be lively show - we should have an open house every Sunday! It was like a train-spotters paradise in there!

Anyway, playlist and link below! Enjoy and I'll catch ya next time......

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and guests between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 20th March 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Big Brooklyn Red – He Moves – Man X Remix

Dennis Ferrer feat K.T. Brooks – How Do I Let Go

Deep Swing & DJ Meme feat Linda Jackson – Lift Up (Your Soul And Spirit)

Five Special – Why Leave Us Alone – Dimitri From Paris Re-Edit

Gary Bartz – Keep Goin' On

Al Hudson & The Soul Partners – Didn't You Know It

Gladys Knight & The Pips – Taste Of Bitter Love – Scratch'n'sniff Re-Edit

The Eight Minutes – Looking For A Brand New Game – Tic Tac Toe Remix

First Class - Candy

2nd Hour

Flame N' King & The Bold Ones – Ho Happy Day

Bobby Hutton – It's All Been Said Before

Walters & Sisters – How Long

Park Avenue – Looking Ahead

Eddie Horan – The Ups And Downs Of A Love Affair

Silk – Falling In Love Isn't Easy

Tony Lindsay – Stand By Me

Dottie Pearson – A House Made Of Love

The Sons Of Champlin – Here Is Where Your Love Belongs

Anita Baker – Caught Up In The Rapture

Johnny Guitar Watson – I Don't Want To Be a Lone Ranger

Bobby Byrd & Vicki Anderson – (You're Welcome) Stop On By

Average White Band – Atlantic Avenue

The Isley Brothers – Here We Go Again

Original Mastercuts Show 20-3-11

Al will be back next Sunday with another room full of guests so tune in!

Thanks for tuning in or catching the download. We really appreciate having such a great audience!

Ian D X :lol:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, a busy, busy week. Spent most of my time trying to put together something incredibly special for the 40th Anniversary of Philly International and if it all comes off it'll be nothing short of spectacular! Watch this space for further details but roll on July.....

Also getting prepped for the upcoming Baltic Soul Weekender in 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to do a phoner from there if Al can cover that week. Can't wait to see that incredible line-up!

And later today, I'll be rolling up at the Holiday Inn in Sutton for the first of the Starpoint Radio Tour Parties with special guests Kenny Thomas & Soultalk plus a veritable who's who of all the Starpoint DJ's. All this just 10 minutes from home for a change so looking forward to letting my hair down LOL.....

So posting up tomorrow's show nice and early this week. We have an absolutely BRILLIANT slab of an exclusive Victor Rosado work-of-art featuring the recently departed Loleatta Holloway with Ron Tyson has to be heard to be believed, plus the usual round of new releases, killer re-edits, some seriously underplayed 70's gems, some oh-so-soulful slowies and a couple of re-rubs on classic songs, in other words, the usual trawl through the eras and a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and guests between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 3rd April 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Loleatta Holloway & Ron Tyson * Dr Rubberfunk feat John Turrell * Crazy P * Dilouya feat John Turrell & Sandra Nkake * Dee Dee Sharp Gamble * Thelma Houston * Skip Mahoney * Four Below Zero * Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell * Sir James Randolph * Kokomo * Tony Owens * Alex Brown * L.J. Reynolds * Al Johnson * Tommy Keith * Vivian Reed * Jean Carn * Dionne Warwick & The Spinners * The Moments & Whatnauts

I'll see some of you in Sutton later but hopefully catch the usual Sunday afternoon gang tomorrow @ 2.00pm sharp!

Laters,

Ian D :rolleyes:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Phew that was a pretty intense weekend LOL. I seem to have been plagued with sound problems and technical issues all weekend for one reason or another, so apologies to anyone who suffered the raw end of the deal. Sometimes machinery and I just don't hit it off but, hey, sometimes you have to take it on the chin 'cos it comes with the territory! It generally works out in the end.

So techy issues aside, it's a cracker of a show this week with plenty of scope for conversation from the BRILLIANT Victor Rosado rework of a Loleatta Holloway classic with the added bonus of Ron Tyson to the pure Soul of Dr Rubberfunk and especially John Turrell - what a record! Plus some ridiculously great remixes and re-edits and that wonderful, but almost totally unknown killer slow version of Larry Saunder's "On The Real Side" by the song's writer, Tommy Keith, which had everybody and the phone ringing off the hook. What a beauty ay?

Download link below. Enjoy!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 3rd April 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Loleatta Holloway & Ron Tyson We're Getting Stronger (The Longer We Stay Together) Victor Rosado 2011 Remix

Dr Rubberfunk feat John Turrell Northern Comfort Slynk Remix

Crazy P Never Gonna Reach Me Hot Toddy Remix

Dilouya feat John Turrell & Sandra Nkake The Way It Goes

Dee Dee Sharp Gamble Easy Money Todd Terje Re-Edit

Thelma Houston You Used To Hold Me So Tight Dee Disco Re-Edit

Skip Mahoney Janice (Don't Be So Blind To Love) Bobby DJ Guttadaro Remix

Four Below Zero My Baby's Got E.S.P. Alkino Re-Edit

2nd Hour

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell Ain't No Mountain High Enough Ben Human Mix

Sir James Randolph Sho' Is Good

Kokomo Use Your Imagination

Tony Owens All That Matters

Alex Brown I'm Not Respnsible

L.J. Reynolds Come Get To This

Al Johnson I've Got My Second Wind

Tommy Keith On The Real Side Slow Killer Version

Vivian Reed I'm So Tired Of Being Alone - Unreleased

Jean Carn My Love Don't Come Easy Disco Tech Re-Edit

Dionne Warwick & The Spinners Then Came You Larry Sanders Re-Edit

The Moments & Whatnauts Girls J-Ski Re-Edit

This Week's ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Show 3-4-11

Al will be back behind the decks next week and I'll be in Germany for the Baltic Soul Weekender a week on Sunday, but if everything works out I'll be ringing in a report LIVE to Al in the studio, so if you wanna hear about 5,000 people getting down next to the Baltic sea plus Roy Ayers, The Trammps, Ann Sexton, Joe Bataan, Gwen McCrae, Gloria Scott and many others then tune-in!

Thanks for listening!

Ian D :rolleyes:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Phew. One hell of blast over the last 10 days. Last weekend saw me over at the brilliant Baltic Soul Weekender where I had the pleasure of meeting The Trammps again (first time since Cleethorpes in the mid 70's), Ann Sexton, Gloria Scott, Marc Evans again and loads and loads of new friends. An absolutely mind-blowing weekend which I'll remember forever! And then a couple of days back home before Al and I headed up to Hull for the Hull Soul club and had a lovely beginning to the Bank Holiday weekend – so big shout outs coming for the good people from Germany and Hull! I've seen a few coastlines this week......

As an Easter treat, Al and I will be doubling-up again for some Easter Sunday LIVE banter whilst negotiating our way through the usual trawl through the eras. Some truly special stuff tomorrow so try and join us or put us on in the garden!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and Alan Champ between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 24th April 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

South Shore Commission * Isaac Hayes * Joi Cardwell * 7th District Inc feat Michael Proctor * Marlena Shaw * Brass Construction * Eugene Record * Final Edition * Sherrick * Ultra High Frequency * Tapestry * The Spinners * Corey Blake * Miss Louistine * Tommy Tate * Edwin Starr * Curtis Mayfield * Jeannie Reynolds * Clausel * The Temptations * The Isley Brothers

Hopefully we'll see you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D X biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Blimey, that bank holiday weekend went quick. Busy week again folks so no time to wax lyrical this time. Suffice to say, it was the usual Original Mastercuts musical odyssey through several different eras featuring some incredible mixes and some all-round killer tunes. Business as usual then! Plus of course whenever Al and I get together you can guarantee a certain amount of inane banter plus the added attraction of being joined by Dave W just before his show, so a great bank holiday show all round and an absolute gas to co-host!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and Alan Champ between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 24th April 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

South Shore Commission Free Man Sonny DJ 2011 Restructure

Isaac Hayes Love Has Been Good To Us - Monstermix

Joi Cardwell Trouble Tom Moulton Remix

7th District Inc feat Michael Proctor Work It 7" Mix

Marlena Shaw Woman Of The Ghetto DJ Raw Sugar Redub

Brass Construction Changin' DOKO Re-Edit

Eugene Record Take Everything Jimmy Michaels Remix

Final Edition Betcha Can't Love Just One

Sherrick Just Call - Remix

2nd Hour

Ultra High Frequency Incompatible Tom Moulton Remix

Tapestry It's Not The World That's Messed Up (It's The People In It)

The Spinners Honest I Do

Corey Blake How Can I Go On Without You

Miss Louistine I Don't Wanna Love Nobody But You Miss Louistine

Tommy Tate If You Got To Love Somebody

Edwin Starr There You Go

Curtis Mayfield You're So Good Tom Me

Jeannie Reynolds The Fruit Song

Clausel Let Me Love You Scratchnsniff Re-Rub

The Temptations Warm Summer Nights

The Isley Brothers Work To Do Scratchnsniff Re-Rub

This Week's ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Show with Ian D & Alan C

Al will be hosting next week and I'll be over in Southend reporting from the Southend Film Festival I shit thee not, so if anyone's in in the area pop down for a Northern/Mod session @ The Kursall next Sunday night!

Catch ya next time......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey this years going fast! It's hard to believe that since the last show we've seen a Royal Wedding, finally nailed Osama Bin Laden and enjoyed the Southend Film Festival! However, the most important news is that we have another LIVE show this Sunday packed to the brim with jaw-droppingly GREAT tunes that scan all the eras over the last 5 decades.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 8th May 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring...........

Self Made Millionaire feat Al Mason * Jay Soul * Kenny Bobien * Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle * Dr Rubberfunk feat John Turrell * Turbofunk feat George Benson * Esther Williams * Eugene Record * Charles Drain * The Del-Larks * Edward Hamilton & The Arabians * Bobby Wells * Frankie 'Loveman' Crocker * The Casanova Two * Mary Gresham * Tony Lindsay * Magic Night * Young Holt Unlimited * The Isley Brothers * Blackstreet * Sly & The Family Stone * Jill Scott feat Anthony Hamilton * The Jacksons

Hope you can join me LIVE @ 2.00pm sharp!

Ian D :yes:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Big big thanks to everyone who joined me this Sunday afternoon and made the show go with a real swing! The Starpoint chatroom was the busiest I've ever seen it and we had our usual bevy of regulars from around the world just to spice things up! A thoroughly brilliant afternoon and hopefully I'll be catching up with many of you on my travels over the next couple of months!

Anyway down to business. HUGE interest in the Self Made Millionaire feat Al Mason creatively brilliant re-edit of "Good Lovin'", the usual ton of messages about the incredible Jimmy Michaels remix of Eugene Record's brilliant "Take Everything" (LOVE those steel drums), plenty of enthusiasm for the new Frankie Knuckles tune (which sounds best when it's LOUD) and a stack of enquiries about the absolutely brilliant Onur Engin final re-edit of the Jackson's "Show You The Way To Go" which will finally be available in a couple of months touch wood.

All in all, a belter of a show this week folks! Download link below......

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 8th May 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Self Made Millionaire feat Al Mason - Some Good Lovin' (Touched Up With Love)

Jay Soul - Believe - Bfunk Club Remix

Kenny Bobien - About Love - Groove Assassin Mix

Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle - I'll Take You There - Directors Cut Classic Signature Mix

Dr Rubberfunk feat John Turrell - Northern Comfort - Slynk Remix

Turbofunk feat George Benson - Go Broadway

Esther Williams - I'll Be Your Pleasure - DJ Mila Remix

Eugene Record - Take Everything - Jimmy Michaels Remix

Charles Drain - Is It Really Love - Tom Moulton Remix

2nd Hour

The Del-Larks - Job Opening Pt 1

Edward Hamilton & The Arabians - Baby Don't You Weep

Bobby Wells - Be's That Way Sometimes

Frankie 'Loveman' Crocker - Ton Of Dynamite

The Casanova Two - We Got To Keep On

Mary Gresham - Another Woman Involved

Tony Lindsay - Stand By Me

Magic Night - If You & I Had Never Met

Young Holt Unlimited - California Montage

The Isley Brothers - Footsteps In The Dark - VinsDJ Re-Edit

Blackstreet - Joy

Sly & The Family Stone - Running Away

Jill Scott feat Anthony Hamilton - So In Love With You

The Jacksons - Show You The Way To Go - Onur Engin Final Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-05-08-Starpoint.mp3

Al's up next week and I'll be back in 2 weeks after a few days in Rimini to chec out the action, so see ya then!

Ian D X

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Rimini @ 4.00am this morning and I'm up and about and ready for another slamming show LIVE @ 2.00pm today! Big shout-outs for everybody who'll be wasted @ Morecambe this weekend my sympathies are with you all and I'm sure the B&B owners are crushingly disappointed that I couldn't make it this year LOL.

Also looking forward to being Eddie Piller's guest on his monthly i-tunes Modcast this coming Thursday available to download for free from Friday:-

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/modcast-eddie-piller-friends/id409149579

Also just a mere 5 days to go before the Luxury Soul Weekend @ Birmingham which will be HUGE this year, so looking forward to seeing everyone there including a rare live performance from the king of the ladykillers, Eric Benet! Look forward to seeing many of you there!

https://www.luxurysoulweekender.com/

In the meantime down to the usual ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS business this week with the usual trawl through the eras covering all areas of Soul Music throughout the last 4 decades!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 22nd May 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle * Patti Austin & James Ingram * Hardsoul feat Ron Carroll * Satoshi Tomiie feat Arnold Jarvis * Aurra * Savanna * Two Tons Of Fun * Jeffrey Osbourne * Kenny Smith *Jimmy Briscoe & The Beavers * Dionne Warwicke * Anthony White * First Choice * The Ultimates * Alice Clark * Randy Jackson * George Benson * Maria Muldaur * Patti LaBelle * Soulpersona feat Darien * Stephanie Mills

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Ian D X biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

A big shout out to everyone who was @ The Luxury Soul Weekender in Birmingham last week. A great show from Eric Benet and an all-round great vibe made for a brilliant weekend.

Busy day again today. We've got the show going out LIVE from 2.00-4.00 today and then I'll be hot-footing it down to East Village in Hoxton for a Six Million Steps gig with special guest Jeff Young. If you're in town then come down and join us. It's FREE!

Anyway down to business and this week we'll be doing the usual trawl through the era covering as many bases as we can over the 2 hours plus some perennial favourites. I think I'm being joined in the studio this week by fellow Starpoint DJ Carl Mason so it should be fun and games before we boogie on down to Hoxton.

These weekends are killing me LOL.....

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 5th June 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

The Trammps * The Collective Vs Peyton * Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle * T-Empo * Orlando Johnson * One Way * Baiser * Aaron Neville * The Luther Ingram Orchestra * Luther Ingram * Saxie Russell * E. Rodney Jones * Bobby Treetop * Sydney Joe Qualls * Tearra * Master Plan * Jean Shy * Holland & Dozier * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes feat Sharon Paige * The Isley Brothers * Archie Bell & The Drells

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Ian D :hatsoff2:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just had the last couple of weekends off but somehow there never seems to be enough time does there....blah blah blah........

Let's just cut to the quick OK?

If you do nothing else this week, make sure you listen to this Sunday's show comin' right atcha from 2.00-4.00 pm LIVE!

This show is very organic. I have no idea how each one will turn out until I'm finally happy listening to the finished result myself. This one's a F*CKIN KILLER! The only thing that can possibly go wrong, is if I f*ck up the presentation or if the stream gets hacked etc, etc, etc. Musically it's perfect for a show which bounces around the different eras (I hope). For instance, this week the first half-hour concentrates on a 70's Motown kinda vibe with some interesting remixes and re-edits going on, the second half-hour looks at an interesting Sister Sledge housed-up remake of a Chic classic plus some incredible fresh re-edits of some of the show's regular faves, the third half-hour looks into UK produced Northern Soul and some underplayed 70's gems and the final half-hour sees the show glide into a heady mixture of the old and the new. A total gas putting this one together and looking forward to spreading the joy!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 19th June 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

The Miracle Workers * The Originals * The Supremes * Eddie Kendricks * The Jackson Five * Sister Sledge * Jimmy & Vella Cameron * Gwen McRae * New York City * The Trammps * The Foundations * Carl Douglas * Dusty Springfield * Jimmy James * Johnny Johnson * Bobby Taylor * Willie Hutch * S.O.U.L. feat Larry Hancock * The Jacksons * The Real Thing * David Ruffin * Orlando Johnson * Jamiroquai * Sister Sledge * Frankie Knuckles feat Jaimie Principle

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Ian D X biggrin.gif

Social source share

OK, this is the first show I've managed to post for the last 4 weeks due to some technical snafus that buggered up the previous couple of shows on download, so apologies for anyone who's been trying to collect all of 'em!

However, we're back with a vengeance now and I'm pleased to say that this week's show is a goodie to come back with! Much interest in the very hard-to-find "Up The Ladder To The Roof" - The Supremes remix, plus good vibes on the Jackson 5, Gwen McRae and Trammps re-edits, the Orlando Johnson and Jamiroquai new releases along with the usual bunch of goodies from across the eras. Enjoy!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 19th June 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

The Miracle Workers - Overture

The Originals - Down To Love Town - Dimitri From Paris Remix

The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof - Awesome Remix

Eddie Kendricks - Date With The Rain

The Jackson Five - Looking Through The Windows - Womack Re-Edit

Sister Sledge - I Want Your Love - Mozart Mix

Jimmy & Vella Cameron - Be Fair To Me

Gwen McRae - All This Love I'm Giving - Ramsey Hercules Re-Edit

New York City - I'm Doing Fine Now - Scratchnsniff Re-Edit

The Trammps - Hold Back The Night - Scratchnsniff Re-Edit

2nd Hour

The Foundations - Baby Now That I've Found You

Carl Douglas - Serving A Sentence Of Life

Dusty Springfield - Bring Him Back

Jimmy James - A Man Like Me

Johnny Johnson - Sweet Inspiration

Bobby Taylor - Don't Be Afraid

Willie Hutch - Just Another Day

S.O.U.L. feat Larry Hancock - This Time Around

The Jacksons - Blues Away

The Real Thing - Raining Through My Sunshine

David Ruffin - Everything's Coming Up Love

Orlando Johnson - Two Can Make It Better

Jamiroquai - Smile

Sister Sledge - World Rise & Shine

Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle - I'll Take You There - Dimitri From Paris Remix

https://sixmillionsteps.com/drupal/node/1422

Al's up next Sunday so I'll see you on Sunday 3rd July @ 2.00pm LIVE! Thanks for listening!

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. One of the few weekends where I’m actually not partying due to pressure of work and deadlines. I wonder how that happened? So a big shout out to everyone who’s up in Birmingham at the EMS Weekender – they’ll all be well-lubricated and partying their asses off round about now!

However, for the rest of us that are working (lol), the show must go on and I’m delighted to be joined by my Original Mastercuts co-founder and co-presenter, the mysterious and slightly weird, Alan Champ for tomorrow’s LIVE extravaganza!

Also I got into a bit of an MJ mood this week and then realised it’s been 2 years since he passed away, so I’ve indulged myself with a couple of his greatest tunes for a start. Plus we have some absolutely stunning re-edits on some wonderful tunes this week, some true Northern Soul, some killer slow-groovers and a few anthems chucked in for good measure. Yes folks, it all adds up to another groovin’ Sunday afternoon LIVE session with the original team. What’s not to like?

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 3rd July 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

The Jackson 5 * Michael Jackson * Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle * Frankie Knuckles feat Bunny Sigler * Stevie Wonder * Jimmy Ruffin * The Chi-Lites * The Spinners * Ashford & Simpson * Tami Lynn * Felice Taylor * Diana Ross & The Supremes * The Velvets * Sandi Sheldon * The Funky Sisters * Stanley Mitchell * The Paramount Four * Rena Scott * The Dramatics * Bobby Caldwell * Marvin Gaye * Cee-Lo

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Massive massive apologies to all the regulars who have been quite rightly moaning about my slackness in posting the playlists and links up for the recent shows. Truth is I've been incredibly busy and basically knackered most of the time so I've slacked a bit!

Anyway, here is the last show and once again apologies to all for the late posting!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 3rd July 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

The Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye - J.J. Re-Edit

Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone - Frankie Knuckles Remix

Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle - I'll Take You There - Directors Cut Signature Mix

Frankie Knuckles feat Bunny Sigler - Frankie's Dance - S.G. & Neil Thompson Mix

Stevie Wonder - All I Do - Danny Massure Groove Is In The Heart Re-Edit

Jimmy Ruffin - Tell Me What You Want - Scratchandsniff Re-Edit

The Chi-Lites - You Don't Have To Go

The Spinners - The Rubberband Man - Scratchandsniff Re-Edit

Ashford & Simpson - Street Corner - Womack Re-Work

2nd Hour

Tami Lynn - I'm Gonna Run Away From You

Felice Taylor - I Feel Love Comin' On

Diana Ross & The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On

The Velvets - I Gotta Find Me Somebody

Sandi Sheldon - You're Gonna Make Me Love You

The Funky Sisters - Do It To It

Stanley Mitchell - Get It Baby

Detroit Executives - Cool Off

The Paramount Four - Sorry Ain't The Word

Rena Scott - The Grass Ain't Greener

The Dramatics - What You See Is What You Get - Victor Rosado 2011 Remix

Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love - Womack Re-Work

Marvin Gaye - I Want You - M&M Breakdown Mix

Cee-Lo Green - I Want You

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-07-03-Starpoint.mp3

Coming backatcha LIVE on Sunday 17th July 2.00-4.00pm! Don't miss!

Ian D X

Social source share

Blimey, life is going so fast that I don’t seem to have time to even catch my breath these days so many apologies for my slackness in posting up the playlist and link for the last show until just now LOL! Hopefully normal service has now been resumed!

I can tell you that there’s some incredible stuff coming on the horizon very shortly. The passport to one of the all-time holy grails has just been opened and that is why I’ve been consumed just lately. Keep tuned and all will be revealed shortly but it’s truly sensational stuff believe me!

Anyway, I managed to get it together enough for this week’s show which features the usual trawl through the eras and as usual we have some fresh new re-edits and a wonderful new exclusive among the veritable smorgasbord of incredible music from across the last 45 years!

You know what to expect by now. Sunday afternoon heaven! Join me LIVE @ 2.00pm today and let’s have a Sunday afternoon love-in!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 17th July 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Stevie Wonder * Los Charly’s Orchestra * The Supremes * James Ingram * Change * Ashford & Simpson * Rene & Angela * Steve Arrington * Leonard Lidell * The Four Tops * Marvin Gaye * Jr Walker & The All-Stars * Garnet Mimms * Dusty Springfield * Phillip & Lloyd (The Bluesbusters) * DeDe Warwick * Darrell Banks * Ruby Andrews * Bob & Gene * Tommy Keith * Millie Jackson * Prominent * Jamiroquai * Cee-Lo Green

See you LIVE @ 2.00pm! It’ll be fun……..

Ian D X biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Here we go folks! Lovely uplifting music for beautiful people! Thanks to the wonderful crowd in the Starpoint chatroom this Sunday, Makes every Sunday afternoon a real pleasure folks!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 17th July 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

1st Hour

Stevie Wonder – For Your Love – Nassau Re-Loved Remix

Los Charly’s Orchestra – Feeling High - Classic Disco Vocal Mix

The Supremes – Up The Ladder To The Roof – Almighty Remix

James Ingram – Lean On Me – Neil Thompson Remix

Change – The Glow Of Love – Leroc Sportif Re-Edit

Ashford & Simpson – Love Don’t Make It Right - Womack Re-Work

Rene & Angela – I Love You More – AC Re-Edit

Steve Arrington – She Just Don’t Know

2nd Hour

Levi Stubbs & James Jamerson – Bernadette – Unreleased Version

Marvin Gaye – I’m Gonna Give You Respect – Album Version

Jr Walker & The All-Stars – What Does It Take

Garnet Mimms – Looking For You

Dusty Springfield – What’s It Gonna Be

Phillip & Lloyd (The Bluesbusters) – Baby I’m Sorry

Dee Dee Warwick – Everybody’s Got To Believe In Somebody

Darrell Banks – Open The Door To Your Heart

Ruby Andrews - Casanova

Bob & Gene – It’s Not What You Know…

Tommy Keith – On The Real Side

Millie Jackson – Summer (The First Time)

Prominent – Step Into My World

Jamiroquai – Smile – Unreleased

Cee-Lo Green – I Want You – Jack Splash Extended Mix

https://www.sixmillio...7-Starpoint.mp3

See you @ either Vintage 2011 in London on the 29th and 30th July or Summer In The Parks in Blackburn 31st July! Then on hols for a week so see you back on the 14th August!

Ian D X :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. It’s been 4 weeks since the last show and a lot has happened since then. The weekend before last I was playing the terrace @ the Royal Festival Hall on a beautiful summer evening at Vintage 2011 sandwiched between George Power and Colin Curtis for one of the most glamorous locations I’ve had the pleasure to play, so hats off to Wayne Hemmingway for another glorious Vintage festival. Didn’t have much sleep though ‘cos then it was up to Blackburn for the Summer In The Parks Ritz Revival All-Dayer which was magical again, so big props to Richard Searling and Neil Rushton for another superb event. Here’s to the next one fellas!

So there I was ready to jet off to Turkey for a week’s holiday, all packed and ready to go when the travel company went bust just 18 hours before I was due to leave. Major bummer. Then I aggravated my metatarsal again which laid me up for a few days. And then all my CD stock went up in smoke when rioters burnt down the Sony distribution centre. Challenging bloody week when I should have been sipping cocktails on a beach. No rest for the wicked ay?

So the best part of the last couple of weeks has been putting this week’s show together! Also we’re giving away 3 copies of the new Norman Jay “Good Times” – 30th Anniversary Edition CD so tune in early and you’ll get a chance to win one! As per usual we have some awesome new re-edits, some blinding forgotten beauties and the usual trawl through the last 40 + years of beautiful Soul music across the genres.

Hope you can join us and party with the Sunday afternoon regulars in the chat room on the home page of the Starpoint website. The perfect soundtrack for a Sunday afternoon!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 14th August 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Wild Pursuit feat Gerideau & Shawn Benson * Dionne Warwick & The Detroit Spinners * Mishal Moore * Shuya Okino * Jeffree * Caroline Crawford * Billy Paul * Eddie Kendricks * Eugene Record * Kenya Collins * LTG Exchange * Universal Mind * Bettye Swann * Little Anthony & The Imperials * Candi Staton * Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager * Jr Walker & The All Stars * The Chi-Lites * Stevie Wonder * Shiva * The Temptations * Orlando Johnson * David Ruffin

Catch you @ 2.00pmLIVE!

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Pete, i,ve asked him that several times(or left a message!) would be nice with him and Swish on in November!!

T.C-----------UTT

T.C.

Social source share

What a wonderful crowd in the chatroom on Sunday! Many thanks to all who joined the show and made it the usual Sunday afternoon experience. It gave me a great lift after what had been a trying week so thanks to all!

Also the three winners of the new Norman Jay “Good Times” CD (Lambchop, Immy and Scratchy) will be pleased to know that the CD’s are winging their way to you right now!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 14th August 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

1st Hour

Wild Pursuit feat Gerideau & Shawn Benson – So In Love

Dionne Warwick & The Detroit Spinners – I Don’t Need Another Love – Joey Mustaphia Club Mix

Mishal Moore – Rein In The Night

Shuya Okino – Give Your Love A Chance

Jeffree – Mr Fix It – Chow Daddy Re-Edit

Caroline Crawford – I’ll Be Here For You

Billy Paul – Let The Dollar Circulate – Scratchnsniff Re-Edit

Eddie Kendricks – Girl You Need A Change Of Mind – Galaxy 21 Re-Edit

Eugene Record – Take Everything – Jimmy Michaels Remix

2nd Hour

Kenya Collins – Barnabus Collins Love Bandit

LTG Exchange – Keep On Trying

Universal Mind – Reach Out For Me

Bettye Swann – Kiss My Love Goodbye

Little Anthony & The Imperials – I Don’t Have Time To Worry

Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager – Ever Since I Can Remember

Jr Walker & The All Stars – These Eyes

The Chi-Lites – Inner City Blues – Project Tempo Re-Edit

Stevie Wonder - Superwoman

Shiva – Never Gonna Give You Up – Re-Edit

The Temptations – Warm Summer Nights

Orlando Johnson – Two Can Make It Better

David Ruffin – Walk Away From Love – London Soho Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-08-14-Starpoint.mp3

Al is back next week and I’ll catch you all again on the 28th August @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

What a wonderful crowd in the chatroom on Sunday! Many thanks to all who joined the show and made it the usual Sunday afternoon experience. It gave me a great lift after what had been a trying week so thanks to all!

Also the three winners of the new Norman Jay “Good Times” CD (Lambchop, Immy and Scratchy) will be pleased to know that the CD’s are winging their way to you right now!

Featuring……

1st Hour

Wild Pursuit feat Gerideau & Shawn Benson – So In Love

Dionne Warwick & The Detroit Spinners – I Don’t Need Another Love – Joey Mustaphia Club Mix

Mishal Moore – Rein In The Night

Caroline Crawford – I’ll Be Here For You

Billy Paul – Let The Dollar Circulate – Scratchnsniff Re-Edit

Eddie Kendricks – Girl You Need A Change Of Mind – Galaxy 21 Re-Edit

Eugene Record – Take Everything – Jimmy Michaels Remix

2nd Hour

Kenya Collins – Barnabus Collins Love Bandit

LTG Exchange – Keep On Trying

Universal Mind – Reach Out For Me

Bettye Swann – Kiss My Love Goodbye

Little Anthony & The Imperials – I Don’t Have Time To Worry

Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager – Ever Since I Can Remember

Jr Walker & The All Stars – These Eyes

The Chi-Lites – Inner City Blues – Project Tempo Re-Edit

Stevie Wonder - Superwoman

Shiva – Never Gonna Give You Up – Re-Edit

The Temptations – Warm Summer Nights

Orlando Johnson – Two Can Make It Better

David Ruffin – Walk Away From Love – London Soho Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-08-14-Starpoint.mp3

Al is back next week and I’ll catch you all again on the 28th August @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

August Bank Holiday 28/08/11 - ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Ashford & Simpson Special Tribute Show!

Following the sad news of Nicholas Ashford’s passing away last week, we’re doing an ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Ashford & Simpson bank holiday special which will feature two hours of wonderful music from the last 4 decades, all of which involved Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson in different capacities, whether as solo and duet artists or writers, producers and arrangers. It’s a breath-taking look at a pair of careers that stretched from the mid 60’s to February 2011. The fact that Val Simpson met Nick Ashford on a park bench when he was down and out in New York simply adds to the mythology of two of the greatest songwriters of all time.

I had the pleasure working with Val & Nick in the early 80’s when I promoted “Solid” for Capitol/EMI and watched it become a smash in the UK. I hooked up with them again in 2007 when I interviewed them before their last UK gig at the Luxury Soul Weekender in Birmingham and, as always, it was a pleasure. Val was very prim and proper, sat very gracefully and formally in a table chair and allowed me to commence the interview. Nick was sprawled out on the sofa with legs akimbo and a huge grin on his face. He laughed like a hyena throughout the interview, especially when I asked Val what inspired the lyrics to “Let’s Go Get Stoned”, their first bona fide hit with Ray Charles. I’m trying to dig the interview out because it was great so I’ll post up when I get my hands on it! RIP Nick!

Anyway, this show will be a perfect soundtrack to a bank holiday weekend, so if you’re around then try and join me and the rest of the gang this Sunday afternoon LIVE for 2 hours of pure Soul pleasure!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 28th August 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell * Diana Ross * Ashford & Simpson * Terry Lavell * The Braxtons * Ashford & Simpson * Marlena Shaw * Garland Green * Valerie & Nick * Marvin Gaye * The Marvelettes * The Four Tops * Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell * Collins & Collins * Ace Spectrum * Teddy Pendergrass * Valerie Simpson * Diana Ross * 6th Borough Project * Ashford & Simpson

I’ll be off to Ibiza next weekend for gigs @ Sands & Es Vive on Saturday/Sunday morning and Wok N’ Roll on Sunday evening with my old mate, Paul Schofield, so if you’re on the white island then check us out ‘cos these gigs are ALWAYS great!

Al will be back next Sunday before he jets off on holiday, so I’ll you next on Sunday 11th Sept!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Ashford & Simpson Bank Holiday Special Tribute Show

OK, we have the download nice and early this week for a change! This was a truly beautiful show musically, albeit pretty sad to present under the circumstances. If you missed it, EVERY song played on the show is a Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson tune spanning the 45+ years of an impeccable career. Naturally I’ve sprinkled the show with a variety of hot re-edits, some great remixes, numerous great early tunes they cut with other acts, a wonderful unreleased Marvin A&S cover and even the last release they were involved in, in February this year.

Hope you enjoy!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show Ashford & Simpson Bank Holiday Special Tribute LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 28th August 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Download link below!

Featuring……

1st Hour

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Dimitri From Paris Remix

Diana Ross – Remember Me – Futura Remix

Ashford & Simpson – Tried, Tested & Found True – Mike Maurro Remix

Terry Lavell – Born This Way – 2011 New Release

The Braxtons – The Boss – Album Version

Ashford & Simpson – Found A Cure – Frique Re-Edit

Ashford & Simpson – It Shows In The Eyes – From Performance Album

Ashford & Simpson – Street Corner – Womack Re-Edit

2nd Hour

Marlena Shaw – California Soul

Garland Green – Ain’t That Good Enough

Valerie & Nick – I’ll Find You

Marvin Gaye - When I Feel The Need – Unreleased Motown

The Marvelettes – Your Love Can Save Me

The Four Tops – Can’t Seem To Get You Out Of My Mind

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell – The Onion Song

Ace Spectrum – Don’t Send Nobody Else

Collins & Collins – Top Of The Stairs

Valerie Simpson – Silly Wasn’t I

Teddy Pendergrass – Only To You

Diana Ross – It’s My House – Promo-Only 12” Mix

Ashford & Simpson – Get Out Your Handkerchief

Ashford & Simpson – It Seems To Hang On – Touchsoul Re-Edit

Ashford & Simpson – Over & Over – Original 12” Mix

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-08-28-Starpoint.mp3

Al’s back next Sunday so I’ll see you on Sunday 11th September @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Thanks for listening!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Show 9/11 Anniversary Tribute Show

Well I seem to be doing a lot of themed shows just lately and since this show will be LIVE on the 10th anniversary of the attack on New York I’ve decided to kick off with some GREAT New York records and then a few more in the 60’s/70’s section. New York has always been a key city for me and the first place I headed to when I first went in 1976, so here’s to the good folk of New York City who have always made me feel welcome!

A big shout out to all my Ibiza friends – George, Amanda & Sharon, Jason & the crew @ Sands & Es Vive, Roberto @ Wok N’ Roll, Paul Dennis and the rest of the bunch. Love to all and see you in 3 weeks! Also a chance to win 2 copies of the new Giles Peterson release “Masterpiece” on this week’s show.

As per usual we have a show packed with mouth-watering records from across the eras plus the usual liberal sprinkling of killer re-edits and feel good Sunday anthems. Hope you can join me!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show 11/9/11 New York Tribute LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 11th September 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Alicia Keys * The Trammps * George Benson * Elbow Bones & The Racketeers * Odyssey * The Jones Girls * Shuya Okino * Love Unlimited Orchestra * Caroline Crawford * Rosco & Friends * Bobby Womack * Bill Withers * Darlene Love * George Kirby * Neo Experience * Joshie Jo Armstead * Johnny Bartel * Candi Staton * George Benson * Candi Staton * Gene Chandler * Amii Stewart * Jeffree * The Chi-Lites

Catch you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Ian D X

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Show 9/11 Anniversary Tribute Show

Since Sunday’s show started almost 10 years to the exact minute of the 9/11 attack on New York, there’s naturally a New York flavour to this week’s show.

Once again thanks to the BRILLIANT audience who listened LIVE and joined us in the Starpoint chatroom – it really is the best place to be on a Sunday afternoon. Show turned out all right I think!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show 11/9/11 New York Tribute LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 11th September 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Download link below!

Featuring……

1st Hour

Alicia Keys – Empire State Of Mind - Alternative Version

The Trammps – The Night The Lights Went Out – Dimitri From Paris Re-Edit

George Benson – On Broadway – Jimmy Michaels Special Edit

Elbow Bones & The Racketeers – A Night In New York

Odyssey – Native New Yorker

The Jones Girls – Dance Turned Into Romance – DJ Friction Re-Edit

Love Unlimited Orchestra – Always Thinking Of You – Pinky Velazquez Re-Edit

Caroline Crawford – Coming On Strong

2nd Hour

Rosco & Friends – Broadway Cissy

Bobby Womack – Across 110th Street

Bill Withers - Harlem

Darlene Love – Lord If You’re A Woman

George Kirby – What Can I Do

Neo Experience - Human

Joshie Jo Armstead – I Got The Vibes

Johnny Bartel – If This Isn’t Love

Candi Staton – Too Hurt To Cry

George Benson – This Masquerade – Nightmares On Wax Remix

Candi Staton – Wake Up Everybody

Gene Chandler – Does She Have A Friend

Amii Stewart - Friends

The Chi-Lites – Stoned Out Of My Mind – Scratchnsniff Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-09-11-Starpoint.mp3

Al’s back next week and I’ll be back on the 25/9/11 LIVE!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the first time in 6 weeks that I haven’t been doing a tribute show of some kind or another (the last two were Ashford & Simpson and 9/11 specials), so we’re back to a regular show this week.

This week we’re covering a lot of show favourites plus the usual trawl through the eras covering the last 5 decades of glorious soul music. Some outstanding killer re-edits this week too!

Once again thanks to the BRILLIANT audience who listen LIVE and join us in the Starpoint chatroom every Sunday afternoon.

I’m looking forward to Ibiza next weekend for the Love Soul Ibiza weekender so hopefully I’ll catch up with a few people there. Bring on the sunshine!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 25th September 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Norma Jean * Ron Hall & The Motherfunkaz * Love Committee * Jean Carn & Shirley Jones * Maria Muldaur * The Jones Girls * William DeVaughn * Bobby Cutchins * The Four Tops * Thelma Houston * The Fifth Dimension * Friends Of Distinction * Kings Go Forth * Sidney Joe Qualls * Yates Brothers & Sisters * Moses Smith * Esther Phillips * Flowers * Barry White * Lou Rawls

Hopefully catch you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

First of all apologies for the lack of a download link for the last show. There was a technical snafu on the recording apparently (which sounds to me more like a case of el calapso situation following Al’s all-nighter @ the 100 Club). I’m pretty sure normal service will be resumed this week!

A big Original Mastercuts shout out to all who attended the brilliant Love Soul Ibiza weekender last week, which was great fun in the sun with the perfect crowd, so big-ups to Lee Jeffries and Paul Dennis who were the perfect hosts and all the DJ’s and mates who made it a weekend to remember! And extra special thanks to Paul Dennis, Dan D, Vince from Drizabone, George from Nightmares On Wax and the rest of the gang for a truly historic final night on Tuesday which took in several clubs and bars and resulted in me barely getting back in time to pack and get to the airport! I’m still recovering LOL…….

In the meantime, back to business! We have the usual array of stone cold classics, killer remixes and re-edits, a couple of new exclusives, a fantastic new release and the usual top quality soul music from across the last 5 decades!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 9th October 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Barry White & The Love Unlimited Orchestra * Sly & The Family Stone * Jestofunk * Donny Hathaway * James Brown * Pleasure * Main Ingredient * Leroy Hutson * The Spinners * The Chi-Lites * Freddy Chavez * Len Jewell * Aldora Britton * Lou Ragland * Otis Smith * Little Johnny Blair * Bobby Patterson * J.C. Brooks & The Uptown Sound * The Lovelites * Blue Mink * The Sons Of Champlin * Des’ree * The Human League * Change * Alexander O’Neal feat Cherrelle

Hopefully catch you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

OK download links now back to normal. Many thanks to all who joined this Sunday’s show in the Starpoint chatroom.

The show is dedicated to the memory of Tony “T.C.” Coleby who sadly passed away at the weekend. Our thoughts are with Rani and all who knew Tony.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 9th October 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

1st Hour

Barry White & The Love Unlimited Orchestra – Always Thinking Of You – Pinky Velazquez Re-Edit

Sly & The Family Stone – Family Affair – BP’s Twisted Family Re-Edit

Jestofunk – For Your Precious Love

Donny Hathaway – The Ghetto – Suonho Reloved Re-Edit

Pleasure – Let Me Be The One

Main Ingredient – Work To Do

Leroy Hutson – Lucky Fellow

The Spinners – Could It Be I’m Falling In Love – Womack Re-Edit

The Chi-Lites – Stoned Out Of My Mind – Scratchnsniff Re-Edit

2nd Hour

Freddy Chavez – They’ll Never Know Why

Len Jewell – Bettin’ On Love

Aldora Britton – Do It With Soul

Lou Ragland – I Travel Alone

Otis Smith – Let Her Go

Little Johnny Blair – Momma’s Gone

Bobby Patterson – I’m In Love With You

J.C. Brooks & The Uptown Sound – To Love Someone (That Don’t Love You)

The Lovelites – You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling

Blue Mink – Stay With Me

The Sons Of Champlin – Here Is Where Your Love Belongs

Des’ree – You Gotta Be

The Human League - Human

Change – Let’s Go Together

Alexander O’Neal feat Cherrelle – Never Knew Love Like This

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-10-09-Starpoint.mp3

Al is back next week and I’ll hopefully catch everyone on the 23/10/11 @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Fantastic turn out for the Starpoint gig @ the Holiday Inn in Bexley a week last Friday. I was basically happy enough just circulating and drinking gallons of lager so I skilfully avoided dee-jaying until the last half-hour. But what a half-hour! A brilliant night and thanks to all who attended. I’m doing the last hour after Greg Edwards in November that’s for sure! Good job I had a room. I’m still recovering LOL…..

So what else is new? Well I’ve been busy preparing for a visit to our shores of one of my all-time heroes, Kenny Gamble, who will be here on holiday in mid November and has gracefully agreed to promote the launch of the 40th anniversary of Philadelphia International Records which will kick off in Jan/Feb 2012. Plus 10 more Backbeats albums coming up which are released on Boxing Day, so it’s busy, busy, busy……

However, this week’s show has been a lot of fun already. I’ve been desperately trying to find some rockin’ new and underplayed House and thankfully I found a few gems, then I needed a couple of serious 80’s re-edits and ended up with 4 killers, then I got into a Northern/Chicago groove and that just did itself and then the final 30 minutes were totally organic and I had nothing to do with it.

Exactly what a Sunday afternoon LIVE Original Mastercuts show is all about really.

Plus, we have a KILLER competition where we’re giving away to 2 lucky winners copies of the recent Giles Peterson, Nightmares On Wax and Expansion 25th Anniversary CD’s!

What’s to lose?

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 23rd October 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

The Isley Brothers * Luca Fregonese feat Sterling Void * Bobby Blanco * Paulo Barbato feat Keith Thompson * Joseph Junior & MAQman * Crown Heights Affair * Jeffrey Osbourne * Bobby Cutchins * Sly & The Family Stone * Fred Hughes * Barbara Acklin* Lyn Roman * Charles Russell * Spanky Wilson * Main Ingredient * The Pacesetters * Heaven & Earth * Leon Haywood * Jeffree * Womack & Womack * Stevie Wonder

Hope you can join us in the Starpoint chatroom for some LIVE Sunday afternoon banter. I can’t think of a better way to spend a chilled Sunday afternoon.

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well, we had two lucky winners for the competition and right now a copy each of the recent Giles Peterson, Nightmares On Wax and Expansion 25th Anniversary CD’s are winging their way over to the valiant ones who got the answer right!

A brilliant crowd on Sunday as per normal so many thanks to those of you who joined us LIVE in the Starpoint chatroom.

Also a big shout out to DIVERS from the Apple Scruffs who joined us this Sunday to see how 3 of their re-edits sounded on radio. I’d say brilliant!

Download link below folks. Thanks for listening!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 23rd October 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

1st Hour

The Isley Brothers – Harvest For The World - Prelude

Luca Fregonese feat Sterling Void – It’s Alright 2011 – Roby Arduini & Pagany Vocal Mix

Bobby Blanco – 3am – Original Mix

Paulo Barbato feat Keith Thompson – Burn Baby Burn – Vincent Valler Classic Mix

Joseph Junior & MAQman – I Don’t See Love – Original Mix

Crown Heights Affair – Say A Prayer For Two – Disco Deviance Re-Edit

Jeffrey Osbourne – I Really Don’t Need No Light – Shiny Disco Ball Re-Edit

Bobby Cutchins – I Did It Again – Gene Leone Remix

Sly & The Family Stone – Everyday People – Apple Scruffs Re-Edit

2nd Hour

Fred Hughes – Baby Boy – Apple Scruffs Re-Edit

Barbara Acklin – Love Makes A Woman

Lyn Roman – Stop, Don’t Need No Sympathy

Charles Russell – It Ain’t Easy

Spanky Wilson – Easy Lover

The Pacesetters – Lovin’

Heaven & Earth – Whole Lot Of Love

Leon Haywood – I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You – Apple Scruffs Re-Edit

Womack & Womack – Baby I’m Scared Of You – Casbah 73 Extended Re-Edit

Stevie Wonder – All I Do – Danny Massure Groove Is In The Heart Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-10-23-Starpoint.mp3

Al is back next week but the week after (Sunday 6th November) we’ve decided to join up and celebrate Al’s birthday with a jolly-up at the studio with a few mates dropping by. It’’ be LIVE and it’ll be messy! Should be fun.

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Still recovering from we call in the trade a KHB (King Hell Bastard) night on Friday night @ the Caf De Paris celebrating Jamie Hargreaves 40th birthday. Happy birthday Jamie - you sure know how to throw a party! That's the first time myself and my old mucker Paul Schofield have played a central London venue together and I can't think off a better venue to break our cherry. It's not every night you get trapezing burlesque girls swinging overhead. My kinda gig LOL....

Other than that, it's busy as hell right now with the next 10 Backbeats albums ready for a Boxing Day release and the preparations for the Philadelphia International Records 40th Anniversary and four brand new releases in January and February. Kenny Gamble - the owner of PIR will in the UK in 10 days for some exclusive interviews!

And somehow, amidst all this madness, I managed to get a show together! Plus we're having a mini-party today 'cos it's Al's birthday! So both the original founders will be LIVE in the studio!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 6th November 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

DJN Project feat Drea Dnur * Rojey James feat Aretha Franklin * Dennis Ferrer feat K.T. Brooks * Sister Sledge * Switch * Willie Hutch * L.T.D. * Eugene Record * Jackie Ross * Bobby Womack * Wayne Warren * Curtis Lawson * Patrice Holloway * Willie Darrington * Thelma Houston * Donald Height * Baby Washington * Earl White Jr * Ronnie Dyson * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes feat Sharon Paige * Jean Shy * Al Green * Zion Train * Jamiroquai * Jill Scott

Hope you can join us LIVE from 2.00pm today. Hopefully we'll see you in the Starpoint chatroom on the home page!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well after that KHB (King Hell Bastard) night on Friday night @ the Caf De Paris celebrating Jamie Hargreaves 40th birthday I was a 'lil the worse for wear on Sunday. Very delicate in fact. The abseiling burlesque display on Friday was a lot more stimulating than Alan and Dean in the studio LOL.....

Typically whenever we get together for a show SOMETHING goes wrong LOL and this week we managed to lose the Starpoint website on Sunday for reasons none of us understand. I don't think it was anything to do with us but more of an internet snafu. Anyway many apologies for those who couldn't listen live. Good job we record and provide a link ay? It's right below the playlist.....

Anyway, it was great fun as usual and lovely to have Dean over to join in the idle banter!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 6th November 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

DJN Project feat Drea Dnur - Musiq - DJ Meme Opening Set Re-Edit

Rojey James feat Aretha Franklin - Losing Control

Dennis Ferrer feat K.T. Brooks - How Do I Let Go

Sister Sledge - You Fooled Around - Fari's Radio Re-Edit

Switch - You Pulled A Switch - Ashley Beedle's Heavy Disco Re-Edit

Willie Hutch - Brother's Gonna Work It Out - DJ Colourzone Re-Edit

L.T.D - Love To The World - Danny Krivit Re-Edit

Eugene Record - Overdose Of Joy - DJ Colourzone Re-Edit

Unknown - Selfish One - Womack Re-Edit

2nd Hour

Bobby Womack - Something For My Head

Wayne Warren - Hit On Somebody's Baby

Curtis Lawson - 50/50

Patrice Holloway - Stolen Hours

Willie Darrington - Never Should Have Walked Away

Thelma Houston - Nothing Left To Give

Donald Height - I Choose You

Baby Washington - Just Can't Get You Out Of My Mind

Ronnie Dyson - When You Get Right Down To It

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes feat Sharon Paige - Hope That We Can Be Together Soon

Jean Shy - We've Got A Good Thing Going

Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)

Zion Train - Rise

Jamiroquai - Smile

Jill Scott - Lovely Day

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...6-Starpoint.mp3

Hopefully I'll see a bunch of you at the Bexley Holiday Inn this Friday night joining the legend that is Greg Edwards LIVE 'til 3.00am. If it's anything like the last one it'll be a cracker!

Al's back next week and I'll be seeing you again on Sunday 20th November!

Thanks for listening!

Ian D X

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what a week! I had the pleasure of hosting a visit to these shores by one Kenny Gamble esquire and what a gas that was. A total gentleman and one of the most inspirational people I've ever met. These are the things that make the job worthwhile. We got some killer interviews including a 2 hour filmed session with Richard Searling and Ralph Tee interrogating Kenny with EMS's Phillydaveg lurking with a huge smile on his face. What a brilliant day.

Plus what a great gig @ the Bexley Holiday Inn a week on Friday back with Greg Edwards! Once again an absolute pleasure to DJ with Greg and my sincere apologies for strolling up to the DJ stand 10 minutes late! It won't happen again (Greg was playing "Jingo" so I figured I had an extra 10 minutes LOL...).

Great week. Pretty knackered though. I'm so run down I've caught a cold as well. No rest for the wicked ay?

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 20th November 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson * Gregory Porter * Angela Johnson * Plantlife feat Jack Splash * 480 East feat Sean Oliver * Herbie Mann * Slave * Alex Wilson * Archie Bell & The Drells * The Formations * Billy Paul * The O'Jays * Leroy Hutson * Willie Hobbs * Gene Chandler * Brief Encounter * L.J. Reynolds * Aaron Neville * Betty Wright * The Intruders * Anthony White * Beyonce * Eugene Record

See you in the Starpoint chatroom @ 2.00pm!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

OK, this week's show came at the end of a hugely busy week what with Kenny Gamble being in town and 10 new Backbeats albums to finish. But I got there in the end even though it half-killed me. So, as a result, I was full of flu for this week's show so hope I didn't sound too dull.

'Twas quite exciting though as I was joined by Kev Moore for the duration which made me forget about how knackered I was. Also we got the chance to feature another great bunch of the usual re-edits and remixes plus some upcoming tracks from the previously mentioned forthcoming Backbeats releases, from which there'll be many more over the course of the next 4 weeks so stay tuned!

Hope you enjoy! Download link after playlist.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 20th November 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Download link below!

Featuring......

1st Hour

Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson - The Bottle - Daz I-Q Remix

Gregory Porter - 1960 What? - Opolopo Kick & Bass Remix

Angela Johnson - Better - Danny Krivit Re-Edit

Plantlife feat Jack Splash - Someone Special 4 U

480 East feat Sean Oliver - You & Me

Herbie Mann - Stomp Your Feet - Womack Re-Edit

Slave - Watching You - Tony Johns Re-Edit

Alex Wilson - Ain't Nobody

2nd Hour

Archie Bell & The Drells - Here I Go Again

The Formations - At The Top Of The Stairs

Billy Paul - The Whole Town's Talking

The O'Jays - Time To Get Down

Leroy Hutson - Ella Weez

Willie Hobbs - 'Till I Get It Right

Gene Chandler - Don't Have To Be Lying Babe Pt 1

Brief Encounter - Human

L.J. Reynolds - Come Get To This

Aaron Neville - Hercules

Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman - Frico Re-Edit

The Intruders - Everyone's A Star

Anthony White - Yes You Need Love

Beyonce - Love On Top

Eugene Record - Overdose Of Joy - DJ Colourzone Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/drupal/node/1521

Al's back next Sunday so I'll see you on Sunday 4th December @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Thanks for listening!

Ian D X

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert